Out of game random rolling site.

RichV
SBE Team
SBE Team

Out of game random rolling site.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm

This would be a website that you can log into that would give you access to any forges that your characters have rolling access to. You would be able to select the forge, and then the npc to manipulate. It would give you a list of all slots and what each slot is rolling (including if it is random or resource rolled). From here you can fill each slot with what you want to random roll. What this site allows that in game does not is that you can select via check boxes which prefix and suffix you find acceptable on the random roll. Players can set as few or as many prefixes and suffixes as they want. Any rolled item that meets the criteria on prefix/suffix gets put into inventory, any item that does not gets junked. You can select how many items to roll from a few to unlimited. On unlimited the npc will keep rolling until either the inventory is full or the forge and/or warehouse is out of gold (or it has reached a minimum gold threshold in dropbox/warehouse).

Building owner can set a minimum threshold for gold on the forge's dropbox. IC's and Guild leader can choose whether to allow the the forge to draw from the warehouse if the dropbox runs out of gold or restrict to dropbox only for each forge.

The downside to this is it takes some of the need for ingame functionality away. Players would still have to get ingame to put gold on the forge and add/remove items from the npcs. The upside is it helps eliminate one of the major tedium's of the game and gives much finer control to random rolling gear that is not easily possible ingame.

The NPC could easily track how often each prefix and suffix is rolled, along with it's accept and reject rates. We could also setup pre-set filters to make selecting common optimal prefixes and suffixes faster, as well as saving custom filters for recall.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Out of game random rolling site.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 pm

We had a joke back on live about random rolls...

"Ancient Wrickled Balls of The Ages" : durability but no other bonuses... That silly nonsense roll thankfully I think was already removed.
Kinslayer
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Although random rolling from my phone rather than trolling the forums is a much better use of time, finding ways to keep what little player base we have out of the game doesn't sound ideal. I understand the utility, and get it would be a nice tool but feel this would have seen more excitement in 2007.
Scorn GL
I offer you our contempt.
The scorn of genius is the most arrogant and the most boundless of all scorn.
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 am

Agreed lets not give people a reason not to play rofl
at least if there sitting in there city rolling i can come pk em
Michaelapesy
Snobo
Snobo

View first unread post

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 pm

One thing that I have noticed is that when they people that has to get their posts aproved before it shows up,
when their post shows up, it dont shows any unread status either on the forum category or the thread.

Can this be fixed?

Комплексное продвижение вашего сайта!
Сбор различных баз для продвижения в интернете
Эффективно и недорого. Писать в ICQ 656310373

Return to “Suggestions”