Alt+Tab

Assistance with hardware or other computer issues
Pimps
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Alt+Tab

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Just Bought a New PC Laptop I-7 Processor Windows 7 and a 8MB ram Intel HD 4000 Graphics. For some Reason it wont let me Alt+Tab through SB while in Fullscreen. Anyone know why this could be happening?
CB Characters:

Pimptress
PimpsBard
PimpsScout
PimpsBuffs
PimpsStalker
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Alt+Tab

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:35 pm

you're not dual boxing right! do it better!
-Express Tunnel Service-
GenieHakeem
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 am

If I recall, you have to window it. Can't tab-king it while fullscreen
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm

GenieHakeem wrote:If I recall, you have to window it. Can't tab-king it while fullscreen
I'm pretty sure this isn't correct genie, i remember always being able to alt+tab. I believe it was a lot more efficient to window it due to the time it took to alt+tab in fullscreen. But with new systems I don't see how it would be a problem.
-Express Tunnel Service-
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I can alt tab with no issues on my old gaming laptop. For some reason I can't alt tab between on my new pc(i52500k) I have to use virtualwin to multibox
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Windows Button + Tab gives me better results when playing full screen.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Vervandi wrote:Windows Button + Tab gives me better results when playing full screen.
I will try this.

As for my issue, when I am two boxing or more, if I alt tab it works for a while, then one

shadowbane gets stuck over the others and I can't pull anything up, show desktop

doesn't work, ventrilo won't overlay sb, can't pull up ie or google chrome, nothing. I

have updated my videocard drivers and screen resolutions match.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
Vervandi
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 pm

This same thing happened to me when I upgraded my video card. On my old Nvidia card, I could alt tab pretty reliably, sometimes I would have to hit it twice to get it to switch clients or to another application. When I switched to my ATI card, alt-tab would always put me in the same client, so I switched to windows key + tab, which works better than alt tabbing ever did, even with my old card.
“some days, some nights, some live, some die, in the way of the Jen'e'tai, some fight, some bleed, sun up to sun down, the sons of a battlecry ”

"Every day I worry all day, about what's waiting in the bushes of love."
AceofSpades
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Another soultion, Ctrl+alt+delete and in the applications tab if you right click the shadowbane you want to switch from and minimize it, you should be right to your other one, then just alt tab or remaximize it when go to it. also this is my trick that I'll let outta the hat.... if you do this and keep your client minized it uses very very little ram and cpu allowing you to multibox many clients. Very usefull for bots and powerleveling. I can easily run 10 accounts with a 2.6 dual core and only 3 gigs of ram. It takes a minute to get used to minimizing the right ones but once you get the hang of it can come in very handy.

P.S. this is how I killed silvermoons walls on test server(when walls were unprotected ) in one night all by myself, I had 20 accounts open acrost two computers with all lvl 1 or 20 commanding trebs (I cant remeber if lvl ones could use command rods or not I may have leveled them to 20 dont remeber off the top of my head)
AceofSpades/KingofHearts (any name as such) and webedeadly
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm

So window tabbing worked for a bit, but I'm still having problems. Its to the point where one client stays on top no matter what, can't pull up google chrome, mydocs, nothing. Ill try your trick ace
Last edited by cashmoneyflow on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AceofSpades
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Let me know if it works, I run windows xp so I'm not sure if it'll be the same on 7.
Rotard
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 am

Right click your SB the check "Run in xp compatibility mode" and problem solved.
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

AceofSpades wrote:Let me know if it works, I run windows xp so I'm not sure if it'll be the same on 7.
That has been working, you are amazing. I have been boxing almost a full group lately
AceofSpades
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 am

cashmoneyflow wrote:
AceofSpades wrote:Let me know if it works, I run windows xp so I'm not sure if it'll be the same on 7.
That has been working, you are amazing. I have been boxing almost a full group lately
yep that exactly how i do it :) guess my secrets out ;)
aladdin
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 am

Da12ksider wrote:
GenieHakeem wrote:If I recall, you have to window it. Can't tab-king it while fullscreen
I'm pretty sure this isn't correct genie, i remember always being able to alt+tab. I believe it was a lot more efficient to window it due to the time it took to alt+tab in fullscreen. But with new systems I don't see how it would be a problem.
Sugar7th
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 am

Same problem here. I'm using an Alienware M17. I just don't use fullscreen at all. alt-tab doesn't work.
NoZergStillPain Guild Leader
lixiaolong
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 am

show me ur pic :p
ELITE OF NZSP 龙哥
omakie
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:10 am

Im having this same problem i have tryed the windows key option/alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del/changing res to different matching res/compatibility with every possible option!!! Still cant alt tab or minimize the window in any way
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:23 am

Windows me was buggy for me when multiboxing back in the day. I would sometimes get the alt tab bug. I still do, but its almost never, and only will do it imediatly upon launch. Me used to cause my pointer colaberration to go off center on every box but one if i was in full screen mode.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin

Return to “Technical Help”