Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Drenath wrote:
Mac wrote:
Caffy wrote:Is it bad that the Lannisters are my favorite house?
Yes it is, but this is Shadowbane so it is understood. :lol:

I am still hoping that Daenerys Targaryen's dragons burn them all! That scene in Astapor where she takes control of the Unsullied and fries the Masters was epic! I hope she keeps the same "burn them all" attitude in season 4. :)
Dany is... not my favorite character from the books. Without giving anything away her storyline becomes very pedantic and tedious, though I will say I don't expect that to last. Something about the way GRRM had to split up Feast/Dance really Skah! her story arc more than anyone else imo. Also, WHY THE Skah! ARE HER EYEBROWS BROWN? HBO spends outrageous money on GoT focusing on minute details most people will never notice and yet they can't figure out that the platinum-haired chick has big-[fluffy bunnies] dark eye brows for some inexplicable reason.

That's literally my only gripe about the series. Eyebrows.
Lol i totally agree. In the books her story line went from extremely entertaining to bogged down to nothing really quick. At least it picked up dramatically at the very end of the last book that's out so I have hopes for the future books. I think the show might have to speed that section of her story arc along quit a bit which wouldn't really be a bad thing. And you arn't the only one who hates those eyebrows .!!!!!

I think I'd have to say I like Aria's story line the best I'm guessing that in the end she outlives every single other cast member (and possibly kills a few of them). Jon Snow's arc is my second favorite but it suffers from predictability.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Oldtimer
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:46 am

I have finished ALL 3 seasons and have been very impressed with everything from the storyline to character development and the way they are able to keep them all tied together. I was disappointed in the fate of House Stark, it seemed they were the victims of their own code of honor, while all around them were playing by a different set of rules, very entertaining to say the least.
I read that GoT will be running for 7 seasons...http://www.eonline.com/news/520191/game ... likely-end
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 am

Oldtimer wrote: I read that GoT will be running for 7 seasons...http://www.eonline.com/news/520191/game ... likely-end
Ya it's total speculation though. GRRM doesn't even know for certain how many books he will end up with.
Signature!
Caffy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:59 am

How to get students to behave in class:
Teachers sometimes have a hard time keeping their students in line, but one devilishly evil Belgium teacher has apparently come up with the absolute best way of dealing with rowdy children: threatening to spoil Game of Thrones for them.

That is the Red Wedding of school disciplines right there.

A student wrote about this awesome teacher of his online and the site Nieuwsblad picked up on it (the following text is taken from Google Translate).

When his disciples were chatting a whole lesson, the teacher asked who watched Game of Thrones. Nearly everyone raised his hand. “Well, I’ve read all the books,” the teacher replied. “If there is another too much noise, I write the name of the dead on the board. “They are there enough to fill the whole year and I can even describe how they die.”

And when some of the students didn’t believe the threat, he proceeded to spoil their ears off. That shut ‘em up real quick!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/belgium- ... -in-class/

Get rekt newbs :lol:
Image
Sausage - Officially endorsed troll bait of the Troll Whisperer's guild.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 am

Oldtimer wrote:I have finished ALL 3 seasons and have been very impressed with everything from the storyline to character development and the way they are able to keep them all tied together. I was disappointed in the fate of House Stark, it seemed they were the victims of their own code of honor, while all around them were playing by a different set of rules, very entertaining to say the least.
I read that GoT will be running for 7 seasons...http://www.eonline.com/news/520191/game ... likely-end
not everyone in house Stark is that way. Aria is quite the rogue and assuming that the show follows the books will walk down a very different path.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Caffy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:33 pm

So yeah, that just happened. :D

It's always nice to see people get their just desserts. :evil:

http://kotaku.com/the-big-thing-you-mig ... 1563058360
Image
Sausage - Officially endorsed troll bait of the Troll Whisperer's guild.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Caffy wrote:So yeah, that just happened. :D

It's always nice to see people get their just desserts. :evil:

http://kotaku.com/the-big-thing-you-mig ... 1563058360
Lol i guess you are not reading the books.
i will not throw out any spoilers but just remember absolutely no one in the cast is safe. You can be sure that there will be more major character deaths (some in the near future)
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Location: Madison, WI
Twitch: rewenx
Posts: 4220
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 pm

I am glad the brat is dead, but sad now what will happen to Tyrion.
Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2373
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am

Finally, that little Skah! got what he deserved! :twisted:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Rewen wrote:
I am glad the brat is dead, but sad now what will happen to Tyrion.
But you do know that's he's innocent right ? He might (or might not) make it out of this.

I think they did a pretty awesome job of filming that scene. If you watch the whole thing and pay really close attention you can see / deduce who really did poison him. hint: Joffrey took a drink and was fine after the last time Tyrion touched the cup.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 am

God I hope they continue the Tyrion part on Sunday. I love crossbows!
Signature!
unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Ciliano wrote:God I hope they continue the Tyrion part on Sunday. I love crossbows!
I guarantee you that's last episode of this season.

I've been enjoying this season. The fact that they're radically changing the plot (last week's episode and by continuation this week's episode were basically entirely fabricated) is keeping things interesting. And goddamn, I loved seeing that the Night King is real.
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Show is the Skah! bomb. Watched all seasons 1-3 in 2 weeks. Waiting for new episodes suckssss
Image
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?
Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2373
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Tue May 06, 2014 6:36 am

Khal wrote:Show is the Skah! bomb. Watched all seasons 1-3 in 2 weeks. Waiting for new episodes suckssss
Well they are already halfway through season 4, and as always... they have some shockers! :shock:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Tue May 06, 2014 6:59 am

Oh yess, I'm up to date. Long live Daenrys Stormborn!


That's my Skah!! Sexy, smart, kind hearted, but ruthless to her enemies. MOTHER OF DRAGONS.


Not to mention she married Khal :)
Image
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 am

unfringed wrote:
Ciliano wrote:God I hope they continue the Tyrion part on Sunday. I love crossbows!
I guarantee you that's last episode of this season.

I've been enjoying this season. The fact that they're radically changing the plot (last week's episode and by continuation this week's episode were basically entirely fabricated) is keeping things interesting. And goddamn, I loved seeing that the Night King is real.
I am actually severely disappointed that there is pretty much no chance that Coldhands is going to be in the show.

Also I did not get the impression that the Night's King has been involved. If you were referring to the whitewalker that touched that face I feel like that is a stretch.
Signature!
unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Tue May 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Ciliano wrote:
unfringed wrote:
Ciliano wrote:God I hope they continue the Tyrion part on Sunday. I love crossbows!
I guarantee you that's last episode of this season.

I've been enjoying this season. The fact that they're radically changing the plot (last week's episode and by continuation this week's episode were basically entirely fabricated) is keeping things interesting. And goddamn, I loved seeing that the Night King is real.
I am actually severely disappointed that there is pretty much no chance that Coldhands is going to be in the show.

Also I did not get the impression that the Night's King has been involved. If you were referring to the whitewalker that touched that face I feel like that is a stretch.
http://io9.com/this-accidental-game-of- ... 1568796246


Image

From the episode synopsis here, before it was noticed and they quickly edited it to "a Walker greets the infant".

HBO said more than they intended.
Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2373
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 am

I am a little confused. Are they trying to say that albino Nephilim that touched the baby was the Night's King? If so, he looks nothing like what has been depicted thus far:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night's_King
Image
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd
unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 am

Most characters in GoT don't look anything like their illustrations from the books and pre-series merchandise. It's still him, though. He's even wearing black.
Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2373
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed May 07, 2014 7:05 am

unfringed wrote: He's even wearing black.
ROFL!!! So is more than 90% of the cast! :lol:

I get your point though, just thought it would look more "kingly".
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed May 07, 2014 11:38 am

Mac wrote:
unfringed wrote: He's even wearing black.
ROFL!!! So is more than 90% of the cast! .
He was lord commander of the Night's Watch. So black is significant.

Seems like he may have a crown built into his head as well.
Signature!
Caffy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:30 am

Son of a Skah!. Every damn time I start liking a character Martin is like "oh yeah?"

At least Tywin and Tyrion had a good run. I just wish he would off annoying characters like Dany instead of the ones people actually like.
Image
Sausage - Officially endorsed troll bait of the Troll Whisperer's guild.
Shame
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 am

The scene with Tyrion and Jamie talking about their cousin crushing beetles for no reason, that's George RR Martin crushing our hearts
Image
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Caffy wrote:At least Tywin and Tyrion had a good run. I just wish he would off annoying characters like Dany instead of the ones people actually like.
I didn't see Tywin or Tyrion die?
Signature!
unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

So I hear the Mountain's favorite band is The Smashing Pumpkins.
Caffy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Ciliano wrote:
Caffy wrote:At least Tywin and Tyrion had a good run. I just wish he would off annoying characters like Dany instead of the ones people actually like.
I didn't see Tywin or Tyrion die?
Tyrion was just sentenced to die, and Tywin is my favorite character, so I expect him to die every episode.
Image
Sausage - Officially endorsed troll bait of the Troll Whisperer's guild.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Caffy wrote:
Ciliano wrote:
Caffy wrote:At least Tywin and Tyrion had a good run. I just wish he would off annoying characters like Dany instead of the ones people actually like.
I didn't see Tywin or Tyrion die?
Tyrion was just sentenced to die, and Tywin is my favorite character, so I expect him to die every episode.
Yes but he's not dead just yet is he ?

And I expect Tywin will last for a little while longer yet. At least till the end of this season.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Shame wrote:The scene with Tyrion and Jamie talking about their cousin crushing beetles for no reason, that's George RR Martin crushing our hearts
I suppose that was more setting the stage for their "bonding" as brothers. Jamie is slowly undergoing a transformation from heel to good guy IMO and helps give a reasoning for future events (at least in the books but i doubt the show will change things).
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Ciliano
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:03 pm

haha the end of the season is this coming weekend... I better see some toilet violence this coming episode!

Also, apparently Leaf was cast for season 4, so that might be coming next episode. If you haven't read the books I strongly suggest not googling that.
Signature!
ConspiracyTheorist
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Contact:
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2685
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Game of Thrones season 4 (Spoilers)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm

For the record, I don't mind Daenerys' eyebrows. I think she is sexy as hell, and the darker eyebrows brings out lightness in the rest of her face and hair. It seems to be an aesthetics/camera issue though to make her look more approachable (sexy). Unless she is actually an albino in the books, I am ok with that.

As for everything else, GoT has been one of the best TV series I have seen in a very long time.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests