Hey, new to ShadowBane, but I have coding experience.

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
AngelofSilence
Snobo
Snobo

Hey, new to ShadowBane, but I have coding experience.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Hey, I've never played Shadowbane, but a friend described it to me and it sounds fantastic, I'd love to help in any way I can.
1. Which team are you applying to?

The Development Team.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?

I never played Shadowbane.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.

As I have never played Shadowbane, I am equally experienced in every aspect of the game!

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?

I would include as much information as I could, such as my computer specifications, what happened, and how I think it could be remedied. I would most likely pastebin the report.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?

I was one of the first people to bring the Realm of the Mad God Private Server to light, and I currently work for MMOEmpire developing that server. The server is coded in C#, which is rather similar to Java. It uses a MySQL Database, so I have familiarized myself with basic SQL commands. I have also been developing a proxy for the same game in Java. I am also in an AP Computer Science course at my high school. All of the basic things I need to know that were outlined I know already, and quite a few of the more advanced ones.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?

My past Server experience, my ability to pick up on things very quickly, and my overall friendliness!

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?

Not an overly large amount, as I am a Sophomore at a very hard school, but lots of time on the weekends.

Thanks!
Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Hey, new to ShadowBane, but I have coding experience.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi AngelofSilence. We've just added a bunch of applicants so I'll have to put your application on hold for now. I'll keep you in mind if we have more open spots on the team down the road.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”