Looking to rejoin

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
farmy
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Looking to rejoin

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 am

Hello, some of you may remember that I was a member of the development team about a year ago. I was making good headway at the time on smaller bugs and fixed quite a few of them over the couple months that I was active on the project.
Unfortunately at the time work started getting pretty crazy (I am a fulltime programmer) and I had to start spending the majority of my nights working; and those few nights I had off I really didn't feel like doing anything so I had to step down from the team.
That kept up for awhile but has settled down now and I expect to have much more availability at night at least for the forseeable future. I hope to be able to spend it by lending my efforts to this project once again. Assuming that the roadmap is up to date it looks like there are many things similar to the types of things I was able to fix in the past.

Also will answer these questions again for good measure:

1. Which team are you applying to?
Development

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
Started in ~September 2003. Played on and off basically until the end, probably playing 50% of the time it was up total. Chaos->Vengence->Redeption->Mourning->Saedron with maybe a couple others I forgot.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
Most of my play time I spent running solo or w/ one other player on rouges so I have pretty good knowledge of the that type of expericence. I don't claim a unique knowledge to any special game mechanic but I have partially developed two separate character creators in the past so I have a pretty robust knowledge of character creation, skills, powers, etc. (actually I'll probably work on finishing my character creator if I don't get on the team).

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
I would include the microzones/camps found withen the zone and list the coordinates of each. In each camp breakdown it would include a list of mobs and the level/rank of each. I also would record/specify any drops from the mobs.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
Yes, I am a full time programmer primarily programming in C++, C# and MS SQL Server. Also very experience in Java, MySQL, HMTL, PHP, ASP.NET, XSLT and more.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
Prior experience working on the project.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
2+ hours a night
farmy
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Looking to rejoin

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:19 pm

What say you? Also a shameless plug / quick reminders of prior contributions :D :

3/11/2012 Weekly Update
SBEmu Developer Farmy has also been making extensive progress on bug fixes and changes this past week. Vast changes in combat, the summoning process, as well as track fixes have been rectified by Farmy. His addition to the Development Team has had a noticeable and direct impact. We're really lucky to have a Developer of has caliber during this important stage of Closed Beta.
State of the Bane IV
Farmy has also fixed drain backfire and well as drain immunity. Furthermore, he has also correctly updated Conjurer to allow professions and Conjurer specific items to be appropriately equipped. More over he has applied power actions in proper order, and fixed the transform/rage percent issues.
2/26/2012 Weekly Update
This week has been mostly a Farmy week when pertaining to developer updates. He has been working a lot with sneak and invuln. He fixed the chat bug where you could still see text while invisible, as well rectified the invuln vs mobs and pets issue. He has tweaked the peek/steal chat messages and has also fixed the hots @ pots through shadowmantle bug as they weren't working while you were shadowmantled before. And he has rectified the calming/restive melody refresh bug.
2/19/2012 Weekly Update
Our new SBEmu Dev farmy was quick to get to work! He has fixed the Astral Tether recast and made Nature lore trainable at lvl10 as it wasn't before. Additionally, farmy has fixed how chants affect effects canceled by spells.
liliass
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:36 am

++1 for farmy
Rome wasn't built in a day same applied to SBemu.
Daymar
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 am

I remember you :).

Welcome back to the team. And yes, we still have a lot of bugs for you to work on. The roadmap is updated every week or two by Candi and all of those bugs are in the Mantis tracker.
farmy
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Sounds good; I'll try to get back into it as soon as I get access to things. Hopefully it doesn't take too much to jog my memory ;)

Return to “Development Team Submissions”