Ralfizzle's Developer Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
ralfizzle
Snobo
Snobo

Ralfizzle's Developer Application

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?
Development

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
I've played Shadowbane on and off for years. I was on Vindication, Mourning, as well as Saedron.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
I know the game and mechanics pretty well, as a Shadowbane player I think I'm most notable for solo PvP and city mechanics. I explore the map and check out other cities constantly.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
If I were testing a zone, I would include expected results along with actual results and would format it in the way requested by the test team. Designing a zone I would draw up an initial layout with mobs, buildings, NPCs and whatever else is required and would submit my report for approval.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
Computer science graduate from University of Delaware. I have been working at a computer networking company as a software engineer for 2 years now.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
I am very good at discovering bugs and creating unique solutions for various issues. I always plan ahead and think about my course of action before starting any task and I will often take some time to find the most correct way of doing something rather than half assing it.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
This is the hardest question for me as I have a full time job and I enjoy playing the game so much. I usually play Shadowbane every night for 1-4 hours. I really want to see this project succeed and if you guys are short on developers I would love to help out and start fixing things. I could probably put at least an hour a day into the project. Most weekends I play Shadowbane as well and could potentially put more time into it.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”