Development Team Application

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
breeze
Snobo
Snobo

Development Team Application

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 am

1. Which team are you applying to?
Test Team and Development Team

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane? Which servers did you play on?
I played when the game launched in 2003 for two years every day. Then on and off for 2006. I played in Mourning, Entropy, and Vindication. I was in several guilds, which lead to me creating my own nation and cities. Some of my guild mates from that time remain friends to this very day. I have been playing the Emu test server for three weeks. I played in one guild, befriended a few others, and recently started my own nation, The Mercenaries.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
I know a few 'toon builds very intimately, mob locations, spawn times, drops, trainers, city placing, city management, team building, and team organization.

4. You are going to test a zone. What aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information?
Date, time, location coordinates, NPC names, player toon build, client version, server version, computer specifications, internet connection type, internet connection packet loss, internet connection traceroute (if necessary), description of experience, replication of any bugs, suggestions for fixes, and so on.

5. How would go about defining a bug, then reporting it? How would you differentiate between ‘how it should work’ and ‘how I think it should work’?
A bug is something that does not stay within bounds of the intended client mechanics of the game. For example, city management outside of the Tree of Life zone/city is outside the bounds of the game mechanics, and would be classified as a bug. It would be reported through a designated system such as a forum, ticket system, svn, or other project management software.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
The hours I currently invest into game play, my software development knowledge and experience, and my project management experience. My work has been trusted by Fortune 500 companies and the worlds largest government organizations, such as Microsoft and the United Nations. My most recent client was a Forbes company.

I currently develop and maintain Linux servers as well as web sites and applications. My knowledge and experience can help seek opportunities to increase stability and reliability as well as maintain those characteristics. I also design in Adobe Creative Suite.

I started programming 15 years ago and have coded in over 13 languages throughout my history. My strength is adaptation.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project weekly?
It depends on the scope of the tasks available to me, and my current work schedule. I'm eager to see what options are currently available.

Return to “Development Team Submissions”