Sweetblue - Retracted

Forum for posting recruitment applications. Only the authors and team members can see submissions.
Sweetblue
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sweetblue - Retracted

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:13 pm

1. Which team are you applying to?
I would like to apply for the community representative team.

2. Please describe your Shadowbane game play history. How long did you play Shadowbane?
Which servers did you play on? I would have to say my history with shadowbane is short compared to how long it has but running. I was on Thurin for about a year before it shut down running a merchant/trainer city that was semi open to the sever.

3. Which areas of Shadowbane are you most experienced in? Is there a mechanic of the game that you are more knowledgeable in than others? Please explain your most valuable asset you believe you have as a Shadowbane player.
I would have to say the most experience I have had in Shadowbane was the city mechanics, the zones, rune and elite gear location. While I was on Thurin my main function was the politics (which is rough with all the different personalities), knowing and rolling the gear people needed, continually running for the runes and elite gear. This server is the first time I have actually started learning the different toons and what they do, including what runes they can take and what they do. I believe my most valuable asset as a Shadowbane player is the ability to communicate and work with people from different countries and handling the different personalities that you face in the game.

4. You are going to either test/design a zone. Which aspects would you include in your report and how would you report the information? I do not have much experience with designing a zone but I believe I would be good at testing zones.
I would test the locations to be sure they camps where in the correct locations, makes sure that any droppers were there and they were dropping on time, testing the gold-resource-stat rune drop to be sure it was not too high or low (like I have noticed that adamant is extremely rare to this server. Obsidian drops more often than adamant.), make sure the correct resources are dropping in the zone that is stated in wiki, making sure the respawn is adequately spaced, and that when the mobs die that they leave a grave for body instead of disappearing (big problem for the hz). To report this sort of stuff you need to have details about the timing, rate of drop, the average gold drop, and other information needed to help correct it.

5. Do you have any skills in IT or programming, and how much experience do you have?
I do have an Associate’s Degree in Networking though I have yet to do actual hands on experience. I am in my 3rd year to obtaining my Bachelor’s Degree in IT. I am look for any computer hands-on for personal experience.

6. What sets you apart from another applicant?
What sets me apart from other applicants is my ability to work with different types of people and the ability to look at both side of an issue. Even when something looks cut and dry I will try to see the different sides of the issue to be sure that my stance is a correct one or not, I also enjoy hear the different side of an issue to simply understand how other people think and feel.

7. How much time will you be able to dedicate to the project?
The time I have to work on project would vary with my class and family time. I have 3 kids in school so the day time I would be able to work with on project. The only time I would not be able to work on the projects is midterm and finals weeks, this time is completely dedicated to my exams since getting anything below a B is unacceptable for me. If there is a project that is time sensitive then I can adjust my study times to be able to work on anything that is needed for Shadowbane.
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Re: Application for Community Representative

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am

Thank you for applying. I see you have joined the test team.

I apologize for not replying sooner!

Return to “Moderator Team Submissions”