PSA

low-moderation forum
Worr
Snobo
Snobo
Location: Southern California
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 am

PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am

Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
Image
Sinakra
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:52 am

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 am

Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.
If you have so little faith in this project then why are you here at all?

And yes, we do have faith in this project. This project is the last chance Shadowbane has after the failure of Magicbane, This project is the only way real shadowbane players can play on a level ground without the devs actively promoting keycloning, duping and exploitnig. So if you dont like it, feel free to dissappear, as noone is enjoing reading you whine.
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Location: Madison, WI
Twitch: rewenx
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 am

There's a small and shrinking group of guys who think it's really funny to try and put down a bunch of unpaid enterprising SB fans trying to keep their favorite game alive.

Rather than fully ban this guy, figured I'd just restrict posting to our low-moderation area.

Funny how he both claims to not be violating the rules but then goes on to say that he very clearly is choosing not to follow them because he disagrees.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 am

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 am

Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
To be fair I disagree with a few changes, yet I have no ban, there's a difference between voicing an opinion and being salty.

P.S. Magicbane attempting to bring back HG and Aelfborn back to their former glory, even tho these races were already quite strong, is hardly a smart design choice either. HG already have stat superiority, training point advantage, and unlike minotaurs can still wear hoods to further min/max.

Both servers are different, oh well, but SBemu changes are hardly terrible.
  • Mino's speed is the only race not effected by windlord changes
  • Druid's single target percent heal isn't exactly efficient but effective.... at least the group one is more useful actively. (Then again the druid class itself is kinda in the past compared to every other healer with the least quality of life changes)
  • DA buffs seem odd when a confessor can give a DA that absorbs 75% of every other DA to their entire group.... kinda a silly strong power.
  • Confessor drains have silly scaling to be extremely coefficient for healing.... probably needs to be toned down honestly when the cast times were vastly improved.
  • Bard HoT's (Health/Stamina/Mana) were a bit too strong, gotta check again on them tho...
  • With Blood of the Dragon Irekei are pretty bloody fast actually, even if it is irekei only... kinda wish FoF's dex requirement was removed or lowered with the WL changes.
Beyond that nothing to crazy comes to mind.

Edit : Correction... mob stances (mostly defensive) is extremely annoying early on if they are in defensive stance with a shield.
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:44 am

Rewen wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 am
There's a small and shrinking group of guys who think it's really funny to try and put down a bunch of unpaid enterprising SB fans trying to keep their favorite game alive.

Rather than fully ban this guy, figured I'd just restrict posting to our low-moderation area.

Funny how he both claims to not be violating the rules but then goes on to say that he very clearly is choosing not to follow them because he disagrees.
I never understood the "need" to come over and trash talk, disparage or ridicule a competing project. Stay in your own lane. You won't bring people over to "your side" by being a Skah! talking asshat. Let the products, and THEIR COMMUNITIES speak for themselves. A similar "shrinking group of guys" tried this on the Official Crowfall forums. They got shut down, and oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth. They opened up their own private unmoderated Skah!-talk site that, of course, due to lack of interest, died. Most people don't enjoy filtering through it.

You see, Artcraft realized that the forums are an integral part of their product, their brand. that you can have constructive criticism, debate or banter without being vile, vulgar or "Toxic". I would encourage you to do the same here.

Good job.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am

Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
I would be out of my mind to chose to play on a server that:
* that is privately owned by a guild whose biggest claim to fame is openly bragging about: keycloning, duping, cheating and owning the project devs !
* then that same guild subs to CN on multiple versions of their own server ?
* has practiced all the the same stealth moderation in their forums that you seem to complain about here.
* now finds it necessary to start making radical changes to SB in imitation of this server just like they promised to never do !
* found it necessary to hide the identity of their Devs for most of their existence.

No thanks, IMO no amount of you trying to "sell" that crap here is going to win you any more players for Magicbane when everyone playing has seen the corruption. I don't like many of the changes here and disagree and debate them in the forums as well yet have never been banned simply because I choose not to be an obnoxious A- hole while doing it.
If you want to leave then don't let the door hit ya on the way out - I choose to play on a server where the devs have some integrity.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Image
Martyr
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am
Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
I would be out of my mind to chose to play on a server that:
* that is privately owned by a guild whose biggest claim to fame is openly bragging about: keycloning, duping, cheating and owning the project devs !
* then that same guild subs to CN on multiple versions of their own server ?
* has practiced all the the same stealth moderation in their forums that you seem to complain about here.
* now finds it necessary to start making radical changes to SB in imitation of this server just like they promised to never do !
* found it necessary to hide the identity of their Devs for most of their existence.

No thanks, IMO no amount of you trying to "sell" that crap here is going to win you any more players for Magicbane when everyone playing has seen the corruption. I don't like many of the changes here and disagree and debate them in the forums as well yet have never been banned simply because I choose not to be an obnoxious A- hole while doing it.
If you want to leave then don't let the door hit ya on the way out - I choose to play on a server where the devs have some integrity.

Papah hasn't played with WM for over 4 years, so, what's your point?
Xemise is barely alive and hell if he even still plays with WM.
Quietus went MIA 3 years ago.
Bardiel plays with no one other than helping Papah with the server/forums.

"Play on a server where the devs have integrity" - Mind you, none of these devs have integrity. Ignorance is bliss, my friend.
Kinslayer
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:26 pm

I liked single boxing although the system wasn't perfect, it could have been the saving grace of his project.

Still could someday.
Scorn GL
I offer you our contempt.
The scorn of genius is the most arrogant and the most boundless of all scorn.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 am

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Papah hasn't played with WM for over 4 years, so, what's your point?
Xemise is barely alive and hell if he even still plays with WM.
Quietus went MIA 3 years ago.
Bardiel plays with no one other than helping Papah with the server/forums.

"Play on a server where the devs have integrity" - Mind you, none of these devs have integrity. Ignorance is bliss, my friend.
Well I've played with or against most of the devs here, I'd rather have those with experience that are willing to make a change even if it's in an odd way.

I will not claim any level of integrity, as they have all been known to troll, but they keep it interesting.

Magicbane will be stale sooner or later, the fact they reverted to HG/Alefborn bane was an extremely poor choice.

Here people are excited for new builds, changes to useless disc choices, and other such nonsense... It's just sad as both teams would've worked well together minus the ego wars.

Was fun helping with design for a short time when the teams were together but honestly I saw it coming months in advance.
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Martyr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:53 pm
Cryfowl wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am
Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
I would be out of my mind to chose to play on a server that:
* that is privately owned by a guild whose biggest claim to fame is openly bragging about: keycloning, duping, cheating and owning the project devs !
* then that same guild subs to CN on multiple versions of their own server ?
* has practiced all the the same stealth moderation in their forums that you seem to complain about here.
* now finds it necessary to start making radical changes to SB in imitation of this server just like they promised to never do !
* found it necessary to hide the identity of their Devs for most of their existence.

No thanks, IMO no amount of you trying to "sell" that crap here is going to win you any more players for Magicbane when everyone playing has seen the corruption. I don't like many of the changes here and disagree and debate them in the forums as well yet have never been banned simply because I choose not to be an obnoxious A- hole while doing it.
If you want to leave then don't let the door hit ya on the way out - I choose to play on a server where the devs have some integrity.

Papah hasn't played with WM for over 4 years, so, what's your point?
Xemise is barely alive and hell if he even still plays with WM.
Quietus went MIA 3 years ago.
Bardiel plays with no one other than helping Papah with the server/forums.

"Play on a server where the devs have integrity" - Mind you, none of these devs have integrity. Ignorance is bliss, my friend.
The larger point is.... why .. are we having that argument here.....

Or.... why are you engaging in it

Or..... why are these posts here

So is the call to arms out on Discord to spam the forums?

Take the high road, respect each community, respect each project. MB acolytes coming here to spam threads or defend slights, whether procedural, political, or via subversive propaganda is a bad look. Just simply move along.

If you care so much.... Build a better community, compete with your product. If you think your product is superior, ask the question, why are people somewhere else?

Because here, they are all"Salty", "Soft Skah!", "Plebs", "Cucks" or what ever terminology YOUR COMMUNITY has chosen to run itself by?

Community matters, Magicbane has unfortunately failed in developing that. Good luck.

Go back to your dead forums.. ... posting here is a bad look.
Boris
Snobo
Snobo
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 pm

A wipe is the only reason there's activity here. Before the "big announcement" these forums were only inhabited by the bots who spammed shoe ads for 6+ months. Nice community Army.
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: PSA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Boris wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 pm
A wipe is the only reason there's activity here. Before the "big announcement" these forums were only inhabited by the bots who spammed shoe ads for 6+ months. Nice community Army.
REED YOOR BOORDS.

I'm not a champion here, for this project or MB... but.. You're an asshat. This is obviously your life.... you sound like Chet. Magicbane boards are the SB "Monkey Exhibit", the same twenty bros jerking each other off and slinging Skah! at each other for the last two years...... all the while driving everyone else off. GG! Hi-5!

Just in case you don't know, most legacy guilds, TSP, UDL, WB, LoD moved on long ago and actually competed in other games and grew as a community..... but... stick to your own little fiefdom with tab target! I'm sure you'll continue to dominate and talk Skah! over there for years to come
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake
Contact:
Location: Nigeria
Posts: 2538
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: PSA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.
Fun fact: that change was made by Rewen at like 6am so that he could ban my alt account. You're welcome Worr!
Nope.
Doon
SBE Team
SBE Team
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: PSA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
Dear Team,

I would really love to know how you think censoring the opposition in your community is going to fix your broken game? You have stealth deleted one of my posts which broke no rules in CoC, then ban me from posting in general, but neglected to ban me from here. So here I am, just going to make it public since you know, your all so transparent. They have also banned other members of the community for no reason other than they can't defend their stupidity because its so utterly apparent.

I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.

If anyone still has any faith left in this "project" you are flipping out of your mind.

The writings on the wall.
Image
I believed that you wouldn't let Doon scam us, because I believed you, not him....
I can't save face for believing in KoR and you to Infamous, so I'm just quitting SB. It is no wonder that he unites people to hate him over the way he acts....
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Location: Madison, WI
Twitch: rewenx
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: PSA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Drenath wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 pm
Worr wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
I also find it funny that now you added you cant publicly disagree with the dev team in your forum CoC. LOL give me a Skah! break you guys are so pathetic its embarrassing.
Fun fact: that change was made by Rewen at like 6am so that he could ban my alt account. You're welcome Worr!
Nah. We've had those rules for literally years.

Return to “Ardan Political”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest