Viable disciplines for Deflars

Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Viable disciplines for Deflars

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:45 am

Right, I'm basing my knowledge from morloch wiki so this could be either dated or wrong.

I'm just wondering what discs are best for deflars. Here are all available discs and what I'm wondering. In speaking strictly in pvp terms. So the discs that are irrelevant to me are:
Prospector, traveller, Sapper, artillerist. Obviously these are important but not solo or group vs group.

The other discs I'm wondering:
Huntsman: can you put a point in the pet and drain it? Say if your bleeding out?
Bounty hunter: Is See Invisible viable or not? I know CB is flooded with scouts but will this even work against them?
(Ps. I know I need one of these for the track)
Wyrmslayer: Seems useless to Templars.
Undead hunter: Is the holy proc viable on a deflar? The int is high but I don't think it's that kind of build.
Commander: I assume the damage chant doesn't stack with blessed zeal. Is the run buff worth the 20 points?
Dark knight: Definite yes for the stun and blind.
Blade master: I know doesn't grant sword points so its useless.

I don't expect every one of these to be answered right away but open beta isn't tomorrow either, let me know your thoughts and let me stress, this is all from morloch wiki. Aside from that its general knowledge.
Balice
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Viable disciplines for Deflars

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am

BH, see invis and track
DK stun and Blind
BM for +10 free sword pts (so i thought)
and then artillerist, just to have as a treb seige bot.
Some may use Undead Hunter, but a rank 2 proc for 20 pts isn't worth it to me, regardless of int.
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 am

Ok we'll I haven't checked but I'm guessing artillerist gives you the treb pet automatically? Yeah undead hunter proc isn't worth the 20 points. As far as I know BM doesn't give sword points anymore. Now I'm not sure about this but is there some classes like scouts which see invisible wont work on? Or does see invisible pick everyone out?
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

Mortis92 wrote:Ok we'll I haven't checked but I'm guessing artillerist gives you the treb pet automatically? Yeah undead hunter proc isn't worth the 20 points. As far as I know BM doesn't give sword points anymore. Now I'm not sure about this but is there some classes like scouts which see invisible wont work on? Or does see invisible pick everyone out?
With the +50% pwr dmg the proc isn't a bad choice imo. If there was no power dmg buff I would say skip it. Also if you plan on running a proc bot I would skip it.
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 am

Well I mean you can never deal too much damage but I see your point. As far as deflars go with artillerist, would they be a good build for banes? Wouldn't something built for banes work better? Like one of those mino builds or xbow builds? Or is deflar alright?
Balice
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am

Artillerist as in having a bot on the field t ocommand a treb. it's survivable against ganks and saved command rods without needing to use commander rune.
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah just read up on it. So I can set the treb to attack a certain wall then go ahead with the bane yeah? But are deflars a good choice in banes? I imagine they would for the stam drain would do serious damage to those warrior specs running out etc...maybe not I haven't a clue.
Balice
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am

You would use the templar for nothing other than commanding a treb while on your other box u play yopur bane toon
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Yep ok I see thanks
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:09 pm

I use Huntsman (for the pet), UH, Dark Knight. Then pick any other rune you want for what ever it offers as none of the other disc are gonna help you out in pvp.

Also commander doesn't have a run buff.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 am

Balice wrote:BH, see invis and track
DK stun and Blind
BM for +10 free sword pts (so i thought)
and then artillerist, just to have as a treb seige bot.
Some may use Undead Hunter, but a rank 2 proc for 20 pts isn't worth it to me, regardless of int.
Man, Balice, I *think* that they removed the +10 sword from BM.

Can anyone confirm?
zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:41 am

The bonus was changed to be a baked-in stat on Blade Master swords (and increased) in Patch 24.3.
  • Removed +10 Sword Skill on the Blade Master rune
    Added +15 Sword Skill on all Blade Master 100% Swords
    Added +20 Sword Skill on all Blade Master 110% Swords
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.
Balice
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

Then UDH it is.
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 am

So u guys think its worth investing in the proc as a deflar? I just guessed the points could be better spent on trains in thaug or something. Maybe the procs worth it i dunno
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Mortis92 wrote:So u guys think its worth investing in the proc as a deflar? I just guessed the points could be better spent on trains in thaug or something. Maybe the procs worth it i dunno
Even 1pt makes it worth it... pretty sure the duration stays the same.
Mortis92
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:39 am

True..and if you have the space why not..nothing nicer than a proc hitting off in the middle of a fight..could turn the tables :P

Return to “Fighter”