Proccing Rogues

Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Proccing Rogues

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Prefix procs are T1 I believe. Just makes them an even worse choice. Although someone in the guild I was in had an assy that used prefix procs and did pretty good. I think him being able to cripple the opponents attack speed more than his was helped.

Also why would you go dagger on a proc toon (unless it's a hybrid and it's a class wep) UA complements proccers so much more since you have stuns and PB's which decrease damage you take while waiting for that proc.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Beula wrote:Prefix procs are T1 I believe. Just makes them an even worse choice. Although someone in the guild I was in had an assy that used prefix procs and did pretty good. I think him being able to cripple the opponents attack speed more than his was helped.

Also why would you go dagger on a proc toon (unless it's a hybrid and it's a class wep) UA complements proccers so much more since you have stuns and PB's which decrease damage you take while waiting for that proc.
I think you can get T2 prefix procs. I don't think sttk speed debuff was the secret here there are far more important debuffs in game. Def and ATTK being the first two.

You would choose daggers for quite a few builds because they have an excellent set of weapon powers. The ignore PD debuff is a 25% increase in DMG (and Proccing) just by itself (IMO definately OP'd but thats another thread). With T dags you get more weapon powers as well as not being limited to melee range. The list goes on.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Beula wrote:Prefix procs are T1 I believe. Just makes them an even worse choice. Although someone in the guild I was in had an assy that used prefix procs and did pretty good. I think him being able to cripple the opponents attack speed more than his was helped.

I think you can get T2 prefix procs. I don't think sttk speed debuff was the secret here there are far more important debuffs in game. Def and ATTK being the first two.

You would choose daggers for quite a few builds because they have an excellent set of weapon powers. The ignore PD debuff is a 25% increase in DMG (and Proccing) just by itself (IMO definately OP'd but thats another thread). With T dags you get more weapon powers as well as not being limited to melee range. The list goes on.
the range is Skah! terrible, only useful if your an aracoix up 2 tiers in the sky, and the person your attacking is too stupid to run away

I cant believe you said range...

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Namosa wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

the range is Skah! terrible, only useful if your an aracoix up 2 tiers in the sky, and the person your attacking is too stupid to run away

I cant believe you said range...
Thank you Mr Obvious.

Evidently Reading comprehension and your ADD don't mix well. Let me clarify just for you !

Yes ranged. As In compared to regular dagger or UA proccing builds which is what we were discussing. Please try really hard to follow the topic and not slow down the rest of the class here. And don't start ranting about how that terribad build would also lack grounding shot :lol:

@ Beula
Another reason you might want to consider daggers over UA is the fact that after the last SBG patch you can no longer use both the Sundancing and UA mastery line weapon powers like you used to so your total toolbox is not what it once was. i for one was very disappointed with that particular patch. It destroyed the old sundancer UA thief i once loved.
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 pm

I still prefer my UA. The passive ignore and healing res buff is the only thing that a dagger user really has over the UA user.
UA has the def cut which is invaluable (most of my proccers are resist/dodge/sometimes regen) so the atr cut on the daggers doesn't help alot but the def cut on UA is.
I also like how fewer people resist crushing over piercing.

Both have their perks I just feel personally that UA powers complement proccers more than dagger. Both get the job done, I just have my preference.
Tahlen80
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Here is quick question. You have to hit now with your weap to hit with a proc correct? Or was that never changed?
Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Tahlen80 wrote:Here is quick question. You have to hit now with your weap to hit with a proc correct? Or was that never changed?
Yep its gotta hit to proc now
~Retribution~
LDY
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:10 am

Thoron wrote:
Tahlen80 wrote:Here is quick question. You have to hit now with your weap to hit with a proc correct? Or was that never changed?
Yep its gotta hit to proc now
up
ELITE OF NZSP 雷电
flean
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 pm

-5 all
aracoix
rogue
precise

skydancer
runecaster
gladiator
undead hunter
5-30 int and spirit runes

80 dex
65 con
115 int
115 spirit

la to 50%
toughness to 3500 health
athletics to 750 stam
gold dodge
gold throwing
gold dagger

1 pt shout
1 pt rage
18 hide
40 sneak
40 barb root/snare immunity
20 skydancer con +15
20 skydancer damage
20 runecaster heal
20 undead hunter holy proc

sdr bird hat 10 dex 30 stam
resist/resist sleeves chest gloves pants
resist windlords
18 int 6 all 35 mana regen necklace
24 int rings 35 mr rings
glass throwing daggers 23 speed 172 atr vampyre drain

the ss is unraged with a conc and skydancer buffs. u get over 4k health if u rage.
i like this toon it has three damage sources, bleeding, holy and drain. and it can heal ppl lol. the drain dmg isnt shown usually 400. its a barb because if i went 65 con on other classes i dunno if it would work xD thoughts?
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 am

flean wrote:[ Image ]

-5 all
aracoix
rogue
precise

skydancer
runecaster
gladiator
undead hunter

80 dex
65 con
115 int
115 spirit

la to 50%
toughness to 3500 health
athletics to 750 stam
gold dodge
gold throwing
gold dagger

1 pt shout
1 pt rage
18 hide
40 sneak
20 skydancer con +15
20 skydancer damage
20 runecaster heal

resist windlords
24 int rings 35 mr rings

the ss is unraged with a conc and skydancer buffs. u get over 4k health if u rage.
i like this toon it has three damage sources, bleeding, holy and drain. and it can heal ppl lol. the drain dmg isnt shown usually 400. its a barb because if i went 65 con on other classes i dunno if it would work xD thoughts?
Reason you didn't go Medium Armor? Also how are your ATR/DMG diff on each hand (assuming you used a wpn power and this was before they removed the atr on wpn powers)
flean
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm

medium armor will weigh a bit more and cost some extra trains compared to light armor. sorry for the confusion it was done in ms paint so left side is in o stance right side is in precise stance. no weapon powers were used and was built last test. about the atr this toon still had trouble vs def toons with an atr cut i tried to adjust for it in the build but still no luck.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm

flean wrote:[ Image ]

-5 all
aracoix
rogue
precise

skydancer
runecaster
gladiator
undead hunter

80 dex
65 con
115 int
115 spirit

la to 50%
toughness to 3500 health
athletics to 750 stam
gold dodge
gold throwing
gold dagger

1 pt shout
1 pt rage
18 hide
40 sneak
20 skydancer con +15
20 skydancer damage
20 runecaster heal

resist windlords
24 int rings 35 mr rings

DAng seeing anyone build SPI on any Rogue just makes me cringe -mana returns for building SPI on rogues is absolute trash. much less actually burning all those stat points on filling a 30. Sacrificing one slot on one jewel for a "Runed" prefix (12 INT loss won't matter that much for procs/heals and you get to keep the MR) will net you almost as much mana as you gained by spending all those Stat points into SPI (which could have gone into filling a 30 Con instead giving you far better survivability as well as better HR.)Had you filled a 30 CON this toon would be sitting around 4200-4300 health. If you used this bird to solo pvp then I'd swap out the SDR hat for a pierce/pierce bird hood. Those resists will help keep you alive longer (and this toon only wins fights through attrition) and is more valuable to you than the DEx. If you run with groups keep the hat.

Yes a lack of a DEF cut hurts this toon. You absolutely need to find 20 trains for Glad's "call of the Crowd" (hello ! ATR buff) and at least 1 point (more if possible) into "resist pain" (extra resists never hurt it's not like you are high Def anyways) and then learn to time them right cause you only get to use them once per fight. I like to throw up resist pain immediately when your opponent is usually spamming powers like crazy and hold off on CotC till about 30-45 seconds into the fight (after they have burned around half their stam and are just starting to realize i'm not even hurt.

Waste 1 Disc slot & 20 trains on UH if you want. I use a Sader bot for the better proc. Make it a dwarf and you have the option for T3 proc, UH proc as well as FM hones.

Final side note: you could actually make this toon as a human with almost the same stats and take Werebear. Although forms are of limited value on a proc build it would net you a def debuff for the first part of the fight.
flean
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 am

wow i didnt even think of using call of the crowd that will help a ton. on the server i was pretty sure rolling runed or exalted wasnt working and u could only get a runed of genius from the vendor. so i dont know if i can give up all those stat points just yet int and spirit. im trying to reach 200 average heals here maybe the dex can be dropped tho. i did test it some with sader procs and it was pretty cool. i will reroll if i get a chance next time with ur changes in mind again not sure about going up to 100% la either tho i will try.
Nin
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Nope

Return to “Fighter”