Proccing Rogues

Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Proccing Rogues

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:11 pm

coolstream wrote:You mean prefix, not suffix. :mrgreen:
Touche :mrgreen:

Also stats for max int proccer incoming.
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Colest wrote:

Were are you getting the stats from just curious
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Morduskull wrote:
Colest wrote:

from the magical world of colest?
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Starting Runes:
- Wizard's Apprentice
- Brilliant Mind
- Hearty

Ending Stats:
Dex: 70
Con: 145
Int: 145

Focus Lines:

Int Equipment:

Buffs (+5 from Priest, +15 Con Skydancer, +25% Damage from Skydancer):

Ending Damage/HP:

Crusader Proc Damage (which stands in for the Tier 3 proc):

Undead Hunter Proc Damage:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffs Raged (+5 for Priest Buffs, +15 Con from Skydancer, +25% Damage from Skydancer, +110 Str from Rage, +75 Con from Rage):

Ending Stats and Damage (Raged):

In short, this toon's damage is always garbage and it's health never busts 10k unless Max Con and Raged (despite what others claim).
Morduskull wrote:
Colest wrote:

Elaborate please. What stats are you talking about? The calculations are all done in Arkanis' SB Calc.
coolstream
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 pm

You put the morlochs prefix on your ring blades again!
"If I don't know what I'm doing, my enemy certainly can't anticipate my future actions!"
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:06 pm

coolstream wrote:You put the morlochs prefix on your ring blades again!
I sure did :mrgreen:
Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Moco wrote:
Morduskull wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:Is glass +damage for t-daggs?
Don't quote me on this but i think their atr +vamp
I will quote you & tell you that your correct on that
I know what the general enchantments are. I was asking specifically about the Glass prefix. I know for pretty much every other weapon the prefix gives +12 damage, but since that's not rollable, it would make glass even more broken than it already was (and I in fact believe this mistake was made when the changes first went through, but may or may not have been corrected later).
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:09 am

Deathmarch wrote:
Moco wrote:
Morduskull wrote: Don't quote me on this but i think their atr +vamp
I will quote you & tell you that your correct on that
I know what the general enchantments are. I was asking specifically about the Glass prefix. I know for pretty much every other weapon the prefix gives +12 damage, but since that's not rollable, it would make glass even more broken than it already was (and I in fact believe this mistake was made when the changes first went through, but may or may not have been corrected later).
On glass t-dags its only atr + vamp drain no + damage and i think its 163 atr
Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 pm

It's +173 atr. All glass weapons have +173 atr.
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:40 am

Deathmarch wrote:It's +173 atr. All glass weapons have +173 atr.
Arr yea thats what i ment :)
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Thought that throwing weapons couldn't have morloch prefix either, so there goes a bit less damage.

I played something similar, was a human UA proccer and I proc'd for around 400 on average with unholy procs and had full MA (excluding helm) and hit roughly 9.3k hp raged with no boons.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Im confused, Ive never built a bird barb myself but these bird rogue proccers dont seem that bad to me, tons and tons of HP, stealth and dagger (fast) proc with 100-666 unholy proc and 200-1200 tier 3 proc?
Whats the fuzz, they should be ok?
I have a signature.
Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Beula wrote:Thought that throwing weapons couldn't have morloch prefix either, so there goes a bit less damage.

I played something similar, was a human UA proccer and I proc'd for around 400 on average with unholy procs and had full MA (excluding helm) and hit roughly 9.3k hp raged with no boons.
I remember that toon!! I think I played with you b4, it was pretty damn good ;)
~Retribution~
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 pm

To the OP:

Yes your template is a craptastic bird (attempted) proc barb.
But this in no means shows all rogue proc barbs are as bad as this and by no means have you proven that all rogue proc builds suck. I have built many in the past that rock although i will confess i havn't done a rogue barb one. All in all though it wouldn't be hard.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Cryfowl wrote:To the OP:

But this in no means shows all rogue proc barbs are as bad as this and by no means have you proven that all rogue proc builds suck. I have built many in the past that rock although i will confess i havn't done a rogue barb one. All in all though it wouldn't be hard.
Continuing on this, Napstar had an aelf UA proc barb that raped face.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Deathmarch wrote:

Indeed. UA would be the best way to get max attk speed. I'd also strongly consider t-axes. MW is missing most of those. IIRC hurlbats were the faster 100% ones so Peerless or Legendary would make for a speedy chucker also.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 am

Cryfowl wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:

Indeed. UA would be the best way to get max attk speed. I'd also strongly consider t-axes. MW is missing most of those. IIRC hurlbats were the faster 100% ones so Peerless or Legendary would make for a speedy chucker also.
Why hurlbats over daggers on a proccer, daggers is the faster ones and i doubt the extra base dmg makes much of a difference? Because of better weapon powers?
I have a signature.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 pm

RaWqR wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:
Deathmarch wrote:
Why hurlbats over daggers on a proccer, daggers is the faster ones and i doubt the extra base dmg makes much of a difference? Because of better weapon powers?
Several reasons:
*Rogue Barb dagger powers=10 dagger mastery=10 axe =20 axe mastery=20 throwing= 25

*there are more starting traits for maxing str than dex so it's possible to get a higher max str than max dex

*STR runes are far cheaper/easier to get ingame

*the individual weapon powers are pretty decent compared to daggers. While not quite as great they still are not bad. Like i said in my first post hurlbats would be almost as fast in end but yes you would have considerably more base damage.

Ultimately you'd build the proccer the same as the dex version for daggers and he'd still do the same proc damages but better base damage provided you could get the speed up on hte axes which shouldn't be hard. with daggers you could actually hit the speed cap. I wish the specs were available on the hurlbats but i think they were the slightly faster t-axes and with a peerless (grants alac &ATR) prefix + GM'd O stance for a rogue barb (+25% alac) + GM'd Priests alac (or pot) and you'll be in the mid/low teens for attk speed and that's definately good enough for a proccer. hell I used to get in the high teens with a proccing warbow :)

P.S. A Bird or Neph would be my last choice for this build. Aelf or Human could both make for a better proccer.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:44 pm

huh, well, if they are almost as fast I see the point. I didnt think they where that fast...
Now I have to figure out if peerless of ruin hurlbats beats procs... I guess they do huh?
I have a signature.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm

RaWqR wrote:huh, well, if they are almost as fast I see the point. I didnt think they where that fast...
Now I have to figure out if peerless of ruin hurlbats beats procs... I guess they do huh?
If you want just a pure damage build I'd actually take fighter barb, str/con built, PoR Hurlbats that way you could take valkrye, beserker, Glad, werebear. (group toon) for solo toon I'd substitute commy for beserker - possibly Glad for a track rune although i'd think hard about giving up commy for it. I guess ideally i wouldn't be out soloing on a fighter barb lol

Rogue can't take Valk so go with commy for the group version..

Solo Proc version would actually be built much different with 125 ish base INT max con rest into STR. Glad, RC, BH, werebear. Werebear is nice for this toon but of limited value seeing as this is the high con attrition build and you will need to heal a bunch.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Nah, i love stealth too much... and flight... and all my fighters are templars.
But these flying rogue barbs seems fun, so i will build me a neph or a bird hurlbat barb (your last pick hehe). They might not be all that leet, we'll see :)
I suppose the wearbear human rogue barb is fun too tho. But bears cant fly, can they?
I have a signature.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 pm

RaWqR wrote:Nah, i love stealth too much... and flight... and all my fighters are templars.
But these flying rogue barbs seems fun, so i will build me a neph or a bird hurlbat barb (your last pick hehe). They might not be all that leet, we'll see :)
I suppose the wearbear human rogue barb is fun too tho. But bears cant fly, can they?
Only if they are friends with a fury and then there is nothing funier except maybe a centaur :lol:
Nail
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm

go double procs on each weapon and then poison enchant them for 6 procs then cross your fingers
Nail - Level 75 Elf Wizard
Nailed - Level 75 Elf Priest
Naild - Level 75 Elf Warrior
Xokyen - Level 72 HG Barbarian
Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:23 am

Nail wrote:go double procs on each weapon and then poison enchant them for 6 procs then cross your fingers

nah, you'll like never proc.

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm

If i could get the formulas for dmg i could calculate this out.. but i suspect that 89 int, 140 str peerless of ruin hurlbats with "honed" and poison do more dmg than 3 procs per weapon and 150 int T-dagger...
I have a signature.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 pm

RaWqR wrote:If i could get the formulas for dmg i could calculate this out.. but i suspect that 89 int, 140 str peerless of ruin hurlbats with "honed" and poison do more dmg than 3 procs per weapon and 150 int T-dagger...
Actually you never want 3 procs per weapon ever. Even on a "pure" proc build.
Why ?
Because your prefix proc can't be a teir 3 proc meaning you are giving up precious ATR and more importantly ATTK SPEED that you could have had via peerless or legendary etc. in exchange for an inferior T2 proc. Without speed and ATR it wouldn't matter how many procs you are sporting you'll never get off enough of them to win any fight.

Use a dwarf sent and one bot can both proc and hone 8-) besides the base numbers are available in MW for the class procs and sents holy hits harder than assy poison.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Well, i never intended to have any other prefix than peerless. Was thinking tier 3 suffix on the weapon and 2 additional procs from bots. Assassin poison and maybe undead hunter rune. Dunno if its even possible since i never opted for such. In any case, i doubt its better than the example i gave with ruin and honed.
I have a signature.
RaWqR
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

besides... im not sure if peerless is nessesary on t-daggers since u might come close to the speed cap... maybe a prefix proc isnt such a bad idea on a pure proc build with t-daggers?
I have a signature.
peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm

This is a terrible build that was posted but... if done properly it's complete win. Trust me, I'm an American.
Namosa
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 pm

peekachew wrote:This is a terrible build that was posted but... if done properly it's complete win. Trust me, I'm an American.

Lies.

SB Character Creator
EXCEL http://www.tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator
Open Office http://tinyurl.com/sbcharcreator-OO

Shadowbane client DL (PW: shadowbane)
Direct Download

Return to “Fighter”