Where are the shileds at?

kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Where are the shileds at?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:18 am

I keep seeing all these warrior templates that are GA/GH/GS.

Personally I love shield warriors, I just wanted to hear everyone else put their two cents in on this.

example:
-------The Basics---------

Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Profession: Warrior

------Applied Runes-------

Warlord's Page
Hero's Strength
Great Strength
Incredible Constitution
Commander
Forge Master
Gladiator

----------Stats-----------

Strength: 145/145
Constitution: 169/170

----------Skills----------

Axe 125%
Toughness 117%
Block 130%
Parry 109%
Armor, Heavy 100%
Athletics 100%
Axe Mastery 115%

----------Powers----------

Hone Weapon 20
Harden Armor 20
Take No Prisoners 20
Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Where are the shileds at?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

Well I never played a shield warrior.. Only ones you ever really see are board axe minos. How is the DPS on that?
~Retribution~
BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 am

Yall dont remember Exodious Mandrake? Sword and board warrior that kicked [fluffy bunnies]..

I like these kind of toons alot.
kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm

A far as damage goes, you be pleasantly surprised. The damage cut from 2h to 1h isn't as big as most people think. And the additional survivability from the shield(as block is the best passive D in the game) makes this type of character great for small scale and large scale pvp.
Hedge
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Passive defense debuffs/nulls will rain on your parade. (GS , Dags , stuns , feral fury, etc.)

1h dmg multipliers from powers will lose a bit of dps compared to 2h's.
"I don't really do that much besides smoke because that's what happens once you win at all aspects of life effortlessly." - Hedge
Your signature contains 420 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 69.
kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

Yes you are right, there will be builds that will periodically be able to get pass my passive def. And yes the dps will be lower than that of a 2h weapon.

However I feel the need to remark that PB's would limit some of those build's abilities to bypass passive def. And you seem to be under the impression that this build would be dependent on the shield, which it is and it isn't. I am more than willing to take a small drop in dps in order to significantly increase my survivability.

Shadowbane is built from the ground up to be as level of a pvp playing field as possible, every toon will have an other that will destroy it. This build is made to last long in pvp as an anti-tank tank (or for that matter really an anti-melee toon altogether). So bring on your GS/dagger users, your back stabbers and your vamp rogues, I would not worry about any of those toons(for the most part). As far as the stuns go, you got me there. This build, just like all other melee toons, is weak against things that cast stun followed by high damage spells.
Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 am

Well go mino and problem solved...stun immune.
~Retribution~
frosty
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Best thing about a shield warrior is that your considerd gimp and ignored. Letting you deal some reall dammage beore the enemy catches on and targits you
BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 pm

I got a mean Irekie Fist and board build with over 2.6k def :)
TheWhopper
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 pm

BeanCurd wrote:I got a mean Irekie Fist and board build with over 2.6k def :)
i had a dwarf dagger thrower that was pretty fun.

but wheres shield bash in the build? or is it granted?
Deathmarch
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Shields and heavy armor are boring.
kayethanx
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 pm

TheWhopper wrote:

quiet. I don't put complete builds on the boards for a reason...
BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 am

kayethanx wrote:
TheWhopper wrote:

quiet. I don't put complete builds on the boards for a reason...
: ) gotcha. shhhhh.... we hunting wabbits!
Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 am

BeanCurd wrote:Yall dont remember Exodious Mandrake? Sword and board warrior that kicked Skah!..

At one point he was one of the last warriors who had both knight and DK applied. He was godfathered in.

I've seen some boss human sword and board with both passives golded. the female ones take valk and can hit anything. Pretty cool to run with werebear or werewolf on a toon like that.

the dwarf throwing hammer and board warriors can hit pretty hard styled and bypass parry. I would go with much higher str than 145 though. I would probably leave con at the 120-140 range.
You can run, but you'll die tired.
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Telemakus wrote:
BeanCurd wrote:Yall dont remember Exodious Mandrake? Sword and board warrior that kicked Skah!..

At one point he was one of the last warriors who had both knight and DK applied. He was godfathered in.

I've seen some boss human sword and board with both passives golded. the female ones take valk and can hit anything. Pretty cool to run with werebear or werewolf on a toon like that.

the dwarf throwing hammer and board warriors can hit pretty hard styled and bypass parry. I would go with much higher str than 145 though. I would probably leave con at the 120-140 range.
i actually have a really nice human female sword/board warrior build DK/Valk/BM/BH with 6k hp and 1400 atr in O stance. with pretty decent damage output and still really good resists. Don't see the point in werebear or werewolf though...not even remotely viable in my opinion. Not when you can blind hit your valk rage/ atr boost. use find weakness and simply destroy without even using precise stance.
-Express Tunnel Service-
GenieHakeem
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Da12ksider wrote:
Telemakus wrote:

i actually have a really nice human female sword/board warrior build DK/Valk/BM/BH with 6k hp and 1400 atr in O stance. with pretty decent damage output and still really good resists. Don't see the point in werebear or werewolf though...not even remotely viable in my opinion. Not when you can blind hit your valk rage/ atr boost. use find weakness and simply destroy without even using precise stance.
+1
I haven't even touched anything with a shield yet besides minor templar flare. Interested in it from this thread
darkmorbius
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 am

I have never ran a toon with a shield I would also be very interested in trying one out. I do remembering seeing a few on mourning but it was very rare.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 am

i love my shield warrior. The only kind of warrior that u should go more con then str imo. I also put werebear on it because, even though its gimping it some, i love bears! With a glass hammer on it it does some mean friggin dammage. You'd be surprised.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Tahlen80
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 pm

would the extra points on a human warrior justify trying out a shield build?
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:38 pm

tooshifty wrote:i love my shield warrior. The only kind of warrior that u should go more con then str imo. I also put werebear on it because, even though its gimping it some, i love bears! With a glass hammer on it it does some mean friggin dammage. You'd be surprised.
You want more str than con on a shield warrior
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Moco wrote:
tooshifty wrote:i love my shield warrior. The only kind of warrior that u should go more con then str imo. I also put werebear on it because, even though its gimping it some, i love bears! With a glass hammer on it it does some mean friggin dammage. You'd be surprised.
You want more str than con on a shield warrior
I'm with Moco on this one since 1H dmg needs all the boost in dmg it can get, not to mention the increase to Block/Parry given by STR. 1H'r is also easier on the stam pool so there is no need to go high con.
BraveSirRobin
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Shield warriors as anything other than a dueling toon is a terrible idea.
Bardiel wrote:Maybe thats why people cry hacks, little to NO knowledge about a game thats as old as SB.

Return to “Fighter”