Discuss :D
Olgrim
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Re: Prelates!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Colest wrote:Toughness > Centaurs in GvG

I love my Dwarf Prelate. Prelate is my favorite class by far. Dorf FTW!
Kidsmeal
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:20 am

Colest wrote:Toughness > Centaurs in GvG

Centaurs win the stylebane though.

I was hoping Proto or Etalbyn made an appearance here. I still to this day play a prelate every now and then; I think it comes down to the fact it was my first true "GvG" toon.

I tried to teach people how to be kings and all they ever wanted to be was soldiers.

Revised Modern Day Utility Scout Guide
VorgrimScout
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Centlate was my first 75. I drifted away from Prelates on later servers, but it would be nice to jump into a bane on one again someday.
Nef
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 am

Pretty boring toon to be honest but does the job in any spec grp. Just mashing nuke, nuke, heal, repeat...
Windows Shadowbane Client: Direct Download (Changed config for SBemu- password:"shadowbane")
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 am

Nef wrote:Pretty boring toon to be honest but does the job in any spec grp. Just mashing nuke, nuke, heal, repeat...
You forgot stun breaking and stunning.
Nef
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Morduskull wrote:
Nef wrote:Pretty boring toon to be honest but does the job in any spec grp. Just mashing nuke, nuke, heal, repeat...
You forgot stun breaking and stunning.
I guess, can't deny that but thats primarily the Bard's and Priest's job though yes they can do that as well. Still a boring toon.
Windows Shadowbane Client: Direct Download (Changed config for SBemu- password:"shadowbane")
BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Dorf-late FTW but you can't deny the mobility of cent-late's for smaller guilds.
I gave up on prelates for along time until the dot was added. Latter days on Thurin I was probably on my dorf-late more than any other toon.
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.
Hatrakk
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

I had a CentLate once..named SexehBeast...Got alot of hate while playing that toon..tells me musta been okish..Though my first good prelate was a dorf named Kronyk..that toon started Holrom on his dorf kik...For banes I liked my dorf...for mines an open field i preferred my cent...
MaGnuS
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:13 pm

I prefer the cent prelate for the speed............ spike the Int cos that dot is nasty. Gotta be honest tho and say overall I prefer saders as they are more multi talented imho !!!
Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 am

I don't train the dot, cast time just feels too long. I'm not usually in a position to stay in one place long enough to cast it.

ISH 5-1
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Protonix wrote:I don't train the dot, cast time just feels too long. I'm not usually in a position to stay in one place long enough to cast it.
really ? stun dot nuke ftw
Protonix
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:07 pm

stun nuke nuke nuke run stun nuke nuke nuke run stun...throw in a heal now and again

I'm old school, I don't need no stinkin dot.

ISH 5-1
BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 pm

int debuff on prelate dot...

Git some!
Jim Reifinger wrote:If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, its all because your tactics suck.
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 pm

thats what we use mages for
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:05 pm

of course I also love to run high def sentinels with my prelates
Sent+Prelate=I win 8-)
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:07 pm

run with atleast 60 holy res + necro

Bye bye sent/prelate :D
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Moco wrote:run with atleast 60 holy res + necro

Hush, stop giving the scrubs ideas :D
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:30 pm

BoneBender wrote:

necro bots are standard these days :X
BoneBender
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Moco wrote:
BoneBender wrote:

Stop crushing my fantasies :)
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Protonix wrote:stun nuke nuke nuke run stun nuke nuke nuke run stun...throw in a heal now and again

I'm old school, I don't need no stinkin dot.
lol fair enough .
Sharpstone
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 am

MaGnuS wrote:I prefer the cent prelate for the speed............ spike the Int cos that dot is nasty. Gotta be honest tho and say overall I prefer saders as they are more multi talented imho !!!
This....
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:25 am

BoneBender wrote:
Moco wrote:
BoneBender wrote: Hush, stop giving the scrubs ideas :D
Stop crushing my fantasies :)
its one of the things im better at :D
Omnius
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Prelates will always be one of the templates I make sure I have for specs.
Morduskull
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Omnius wrote:Prelates will always be one of the templates I make sure I have for specs.
Yea me two always one of the first toons ive rolled these tests.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Protonix wrote:Centaurs > *
Proto + Reaps (Centaur build) + Open tree = endless kitesauce, however SM wasn't fun to get hit with.

I'll agree tho, in terms of overall epicness, a centaur beats a dwarf silly. Sure, you have toughness but to make it worth while you need to invest quite a bit of points. Even so, you can only effectively get close to 1k extra HP without training FM otherwise the Centaur is better in every single way since they still get 3.5k + godlike speed once we got our MFing windlords back vs 4k/4.5k (Without OMGdumpsauce into toughness)
Etalbyn
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Reaper989 wrote:
Proto + Reaps (Centaur build) + Open tree = endless kitesauce, however SM wasn't fun to get hit with.

I'll agree tho, in terms of overall epicness, a centaur beats a dwarf silly. Sure, you have toughness but to make it worth while you need to invest quite a bit of points. Even so, you can only effectively get close to 1k extra HP without training FM otherwise the Centaur is better in every single way since they still get 3.5k + godlike speed once we got our MFing windlords back vs 4k/4.5k (Without OMGdumpsauce into toughness)

lol sorry for the late response, havnt been on in awhile (on a side note, i dont log in for like 2 months and the prelate forum only has like 2 new posts... makes me a sad panda :( )

but idk, im still sticking with dwarves! true, centaurs fare much better in kiting situations, and have moderately higher base int than dwarves, so i think they r better at tree camping and small scale combat, but kiting is only good for so much, and it is less effective in many GvG battles where u would be facing a plethora of different classes, a good many of whom could negate the strategic aspect of kiting (ranged weps, casters, roots/snares, etc.) and if u remove a centaurs speed, they just become a 4-legged human (roughly speaking, in terms of stats). where as dwarves have more surviability not only in terms of hp through toughness (which i honestly dont even train anyway) AND moderately higher base con, but also coupled with the fact that they essentially have the physical resists of HA from their inherent racial bonuses and FM. which IMO plays a much bigger role in large scale conflicts.

haha not to bash cents too much tho, because honestly they would probably suit my playstyle as a solo prelate more than my dorflate, but im just so diehard about dwarves... also this is a bit far fetched, but a little used/known tactic (and probably for good reason lol) is that dwarves can kite TO A DEGREE as well, with the use of hamstring from giant killer... of course speaking from experience, its usually impractical and dangerous (melee range, 30 stam for -40% for 40 secs), but it can be an option! used it successfully at least once to smite a cowardly templar who lost his stomach for the fight and tried to use my stubby legs against me :P
Prelate Advocate from 5/8/08 to 7/1/09

R.I.P. (until SBEMU Launch, when you shall be reborn!):

Etalbyn Hammerfist - Dwarf Prelate
Harkon the Immortal - Dwarf Warrior
Leetzor Uberson - Half-Giant Barbarian
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Etalbyn wrote:
Reaper989 wrote:

lol sorry for the late response, havnt been on in awhile (on a side note, i dont log in for like 2 months and the prelate forum only has like 2 new posts... makes me a sad panda :( )

but idk, im still sticking with dwarves! true, centaurs fare much better in kiting situations, and have moderately higher base int than dwarves, so i think they r better at tree camping and small scale combat, but kiting is only good for so much, and it is less effective in many GvG battles where u would be facing a plethora of different classes, a good many of whom could negate the strategic aspect of kiting (ranged weps, casters, roots/snares, etc.) and if u remove a centaurs speed, they just become a 4-legged human (roughly speaking, in terms of stats). where as dwarves have more surviability not only in terms of hp through toughness (which i honestly dont even train anyway) AND moderately higher base con, but also coupled with the fact that they essentially have the physical resists of HA from their inherent racial bonuses and FM. which IMO plays a much bigger role in large scale conflicts.

haha not to bash cents too much tho, because honestly they would probably suit my playstyle as a solo prelate more than my dorflate, but im just so diehard about dwarves... also this is a bit far fetched, but a little used/known tactic (and probably for good reason lol) is that dwarves can kite TO A DEGREE as well, with the use of hamstring from giant killer... of course speaking from experience, its usually impractical and dangerous (melee range, 30 stam for -40% for 40 secs), but it can be an option! used it successfully at least once to smite a cowardly templar who lost his stomach for the fight and tried to use my stubby legs against me :P
Eh still a reason why I don't think dwarves need toughness, I'd still use them for the simple fact they get great stats and heavy melee resist. I just dislike the fact it's "required" for crusader, prelate, or priest in bane fights.

I still love my centaur, but a dwarf just is more durable without any downside which is herp-derp.

Return to “Healer”