Anyone Remember the Shade Deflocks? muwahahahaha

Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Anyone Remember the Shade Deflocks? muwahahahaha

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Its oldschool and more than likely isn't even viable any more. But just out of curiosity..has anyone tried this recently?
-Express Tunnel Service-
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Anyone Remember the Shade Deflocks? muwahahahaha

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Da12ksider wrote:Its oldschool and more than likely isn't even viable any more. But just out of curiosity..has anyone tried this recently?
The last time i am aware of their use was on the over-run Malog server. The "alliance" (Cosmic-Slam-O) players had that spec against CN and it worked
pretty good (this was against CN though so factor that in !) Of course this was after 3/4 of the server had been overtaken and the vast majority of the American / Euro players had fled to greener pastures. IMO it is actually just as viable to play now as say the traditional dwarf holy spec. Just know that it's gonna get countered quickly and easily once your opponent knows what you're running with.(unless you are fighting CN) IMO it would also make a great single wave attack as a suprise because the very first encounter it will be virtually unresisted - then quickly switch to a different spec (surprise!)
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 am

Da12ksider wrote:Its oldschool and more than likely isn't even viable any more. But just out of curiosity..has anyone tried this recently?
Nothing wrong with them as a solo or small gvg toon. Not that much dps, but its decent and you have a good deal of survivability.

personally I love fighter intlocks, just not deflocks.
You can run, but you'll die tired.
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:07 am

What do you mean exactly? Like Con/int maybe procclocks?
-Express Tunnel Service-
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:39 am

Shade Defense Warlock is one of the very few ways to build a fighter Warlock. It has no novelty at all, and it's just as viable as it has been for a while: great defense, no offense

Ever since the advent of Concoction Potions, classes that are able to self-buff like Warlock were nerfed. All of the the classes without self buffs were suddenly able to get them easily. Granted, the buffs were always available from priests, but back in the old days, buff bots were not common. Fighter-based Warlocks have gotten no compensating love for the buff changes and thus remain (mostly) bad.
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Rewen wrote:Shade Defense Warlock is one of the very few ways to build a fighter Warlock. It has no novelty at all, and it's just as viable as it has been for a while: great defense, no offense

Ever since the advent of Concoction Potions, classes that are able to self-buff like Warlock were nerfed. All of the the classes without self buffs were suddenly able to get them easily. Granted, the buffs were always available from priests, but back in the old days, buff bots were not common. Fighter-based Warlocks have gotten no compensating love for the buff changes and thus remain (mostly) bad.
That's not entirely true, i always had buffbots, although that took alot more time than just right clicking a potion. So i understand where you're coming from. To be honest the majority of my play time was before conc pots. I don't even think I had a warlock post-conc. I can understand why that would kinda be detrimental to the class. So in other words, don't even roll one if they don't get some love?

Also, why cant i roll a nephlock on the builder? Did they delete nephlocks?
-Express Tunnel Service-
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Da12ksider wrote:
Rewen wrote:Shade Defense Warlock is one of the very few ways to build a fighter Warlock. It has no novelty at all, and it's just as viable as it has been for a while: great defense, no offense

That's not entirely true, i always had buffbots, although that took alot more time than just right clicking a potion. So i understand where you're coming from. To be honest the majority of my play time was before conc pots. I don't even think I had a warlock post-conc. I can understand why that would kinda be detrimental to the class. So in other words, don't even roll one if they don't get some love?

Also, why cant i roll a nephlock on the builder? Did they delete nephlocks?
Neph locks still exist perhaps just not in whichever builder you are using.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

I played a deflock before I stopped playing and killed alot of characters I shouldn't have been able to, they are still fun to play but lack burst damage although they make up for it with break enchantment and the heal.
As we all know BM locks are still great, you can make viable staff locks and UA fighter locks. And of all the fighter classes with a class based weapon Locks are the most gimped. Sents,saders,templars all get heavy armour and access to higher hp and much better stam pool via half giant.
Of course HG warlocks and heavy armour is not the solution.
Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am

Da12ksider wrote:What do you mean exactly? Like Con/int maybe procclocks?
fighterbased nuker that utilizes resists and really high block instead of def. High melee resists, DA, spell resists... fight in precise. Very good against stealthers and meat, if you have the right resists very good against casters too. Just survive any 9 sec stuns and you're good.
You can run, but you'll die tired.
BazookaTooth
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:21 am

Telemakus wrote:
Da12ksider wrote:What do you mean exactly? Like Con/int maybe procclocks?
fighterbased nuker that utilizes resists and really high block instead of def. High melee resists, DA, spell resists... fight in precise. Very good against stealthers and meat, if you have the right resists very good against casters too. Just survive any 9 sec stuns and you're good.
^^ Fun builds to play, you can kill alot of toons with them, rougues get absolutely raped. Like you said long stuns can Skah! you up but locks get some excellent survival tools.
sassafras420
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 pm

does any1 have a deflock build?
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

vampires nephlim and arcoix probably make the best deflocks. I personally would want to make arcoix if i found a dagger rune, because then i would use savant and skydancer and throw out angry procs with throwing daggers and heal with savant for survivability, though i still like the idea of a sheild and a locksword. shade would do better against char with blind i suppose.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Ottoman
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:18 am

sassafras420 wrote:does any1 have a deflock build?
The most easy template where you spend everything to dex int , MA armor skill , def parry ... I just don't remember equipments . If I find the exact template , I'll post it to here .
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Ottoman wrote:
sassafras420 wrote:does any1 have a deflock build?
The most easy template where you spend everything to dex int , MA armor skill , def parry ... I just don't remember equipments . If I find the exact template , I'll post it to here .
lol wut? dex int? you go HIGH int then con.. then leftovers to dex
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
Reyes
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

Telemakus wrote:
Nothing wrong with them as a solo or small gvg toon. Not that much dps, but its decent and you have a good deal of survivability.

personally I love fighter intlocks, just not deflocks.
totally agree with your appoint :mrgreen:
How to Join SBEmu | Wiki | Code of Conduct | Facebook
Deshi Deshi! Basara Basara!
Darkaine
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Human deflocks can make decent use of all the trains too
Darkain/Malkain
Paleone
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm

what armour gives best defense for a dex based warlock blademaster?

Warlock Medium?
Blademaster light?

or somethingelse?
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Yep. All of the insta debuffs, buff strippers and other defense killers didn't help em either. Poorly thought out changes - all of em.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm

tooshifty wrote:vampires nephlim and arcoix probably make the best deflocks. I personally would want to make arcoix if i found a dagger rune, because then i would use savant and skydancer and throw out angry procs with throwing daggers and heal with savant for survivability, though i still like the idea of a sheild and a locksword. shade would do better against char with blind i suppose.
You wouldn't need a dagger rune. All fighters get dagger. Skydancer indeed gives you throwing. I've made the toon and it's not great :/ Throwing just sucks too hard these days.
Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Moco wrote: lol wut? dex int? you go HIGH int then con.. then leftovers to dex
The Cosmic-Slammo build only had around 50 con total. Everything was in INT and DEX.
Paleone
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 pm

i hate not being able to post my own thread :(

If you were making a deflock would you choose light armour or medium?
Atone
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Paleone wrote:i hate not being able to post my own thread :(

Depends what kind of deflock you're making. If you're going for the sword and board nuking variety, you'll want to wear MA. If you're going for something more along the lines of a blademaster or staff lock, then you might consider LA (or elven MA if aelf) for the lesser dexterity penalty.
Marksman
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Hmm interesting!
Abso
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:25 am

Atone wrote:
Paleone wrote:i hate not being able to post my own thread :(

Depends what kind of deflock you're making. If you're going for the sword and board nuking variety, you'll want to wear MA. If you're going for something more along the lines of a blademaster or staff lock, then you might consider LA (or elven MA if aelf) for the lesser dexterity penalty.
Nah it's just a matter of stats.
If you count on boosting your dex for a def build, then go LA, because every point spent in DEX will boost your LA focus line.
So if you intend on going INT/CON, then go MA.

And yeah, I'm answering a Fri Dec 13, 2013 post.
soinap125
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:28 am

Thank for info
928bet

Return to “Mage”