Grasp of Thorns and Blight

Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Grasp of Thorns and Blight

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Seems like the cast times on these used to be faster. Seems like I can never get one off till I've been stunned or pb'd once or twice and have the immunity. Seeing as how all druid spells take forever to cast, I feel it'd be reasonable to lower the cast time on at least one of these spells. Maybe once all the main programming work is finished issues like these can be addressed :D
Lumen
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Re: Grasp of Thorns and Blight

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:30 am

At one point both were pretty instant, but they both had cast times increased again in one of the last few patches. I was sad about that.
Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Grasp of thorns seems pretty useless the way it is:

- long cast time
- negligible damage
- long recast timer
- costs a lot of mana

Piercing damage is mitigated by pretty much all classes, the spell is easily interrupted, and once it is interrupted you can't recast it for awhile.
higocon
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:27 am

this 2 skills maybe sometime target on teammate..so,a little cast time can break the spell
TGreg1066
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:45 am

Luune wrote:Grasp of thorns seems pretty useless the way it is:

- long cast time
- negligible damage
- long recast timer
- costs a lot of mana

Piercing damage is mitigated by pretty much all classes, the spell is easily interrupted, and once it is interrupted you can't recast it for awhile.
A team member has addressed this before. This caused by the new resistance stats available on gear now. It was a change made late in live. They don't think it's balanced any more than we do.
Common Character names: Traxbro, Treylix, Marlborax, Droody McDrood.
Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:10 am

You can't really stack that much more pierce with the 5.5/5 system than the 4/4/2, it's just people prioritize it over slash and crush in small scale due to bow scouts and dagger thieves. At one point 110% piercing drake axes were the most popular GvG weapons, too.
Now you must build the lies you have told.
Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Well I think the bottom line is that druids in pvp will be gimp until some of these issues are addressed. The cast/recycle times need to go back to what they were before the last patch.
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 am

Luune wrote:Well I think the bottom line is that druids in pvp will be gimp until some of these issues are addressed. The cast/recycle times need to go back to what they were before the last patch.
Druids are still very viable even with current cast times, you just need to re learn the class
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Druids have the longest casting snare of any class in the game. That coupled with an equally long recast time makes grasp gimp.

compare it to say contrition, or the prelate stun. Grasp serves the same function as those spells do for those classes. I feel that its implementation should be similar.
Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Druids do not have the longest casting snare, nor the one with the longest recast.

Druids are pretty decent. They can hold their own in all areas of the game but don't dominate. If we could say that about all classes sb would be a better game.
Now you must build the lies you have told.
Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Code: Select all

+------------------+--------+--------+-------+-----+--------------+---------------------+
|      Power       |        |        | Class |     |   CastTime   |       Effects       |
+------------------+--------+--------+-------+-----+--------------+---------------------+
| Grasp of Thorns  |        | Ranger |       | 4   |              | Snare/Damage        |     
| Fury of Winds    |        | Fury   |       | 4   |              | Snare/Damage/Debuff |
| Hoarfrost        |        | Channy |       | 3   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Grasp of Thorns  |        | Druid  |       | 2   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Unholy Fright    |        | Necro  |       | 2   |              | Snare/Debuff        |
| Bind the Flesh   |        | Fury   |       | 2   |              | Snare               |
| Steal Breath     |        | Assy   |       | 1   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Purgation        |        | Fessor |       | 1   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Ritardando       |        | Bard   |       | 0.2 |              | Snare/Debuff        |
| Charm of Binding |        | Wizard |       | 0.2 |              | Snare               |      
Druid is solidly in the middle of the pack, and does better than the channy, and way better than a fury that has a 2 second cast for a snare with no secondary effect.

But its not about individual powers, druid has LA, shield, excellent heals and a whole bag of other toys and can track. Fessors unquestionable have a better snare power, but the field isnt overun with fessors, they are probably amongst the least played class in the game.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 am

Amaz wrote:

Code: Select all

|      Power       |        |        | Class |     |   CastTime   |       Effects       |
| Grasp of Thorns  |        | Ranger |       | 4   |              | Snare/Damage        |     
| Fury of Winds    |        | Fury   |       | 4   |              | Snare/Damage/Debuff |
| Hoarfrost        |        | Channy |       | 3   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Grasp of Thorns  |        | Druid  |       | 2   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Unholy Fright    |        | Necro  |       | 2   |              | Snare/Debuff        |
| Bind the Flesh   |        | Fury   |       | 2   |              | Snare               |
| Steal Breath     |        | Assy   |       | 1   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Purgation        |        | Fessor |       | 1   |              | Snare/Damage        |
| Ritardando       |        | Bard   |       | 0.2 |              | Snare/Debuff        |
| Charm of Binding |        | Wizard |       | 0.2 |              | Snare               |      
Druid is solidly in the middle of the pack, and does better than the channy, and way better than a fury that has a 2 second cast for a snare with no secondary effect.

But its not about individual powers, druid has LA, shield, excellent heals and a whole bag of other toys and can track. Fessors unquestionable have a better snare power, but the field isnt overun with fessors, they are probably amongst the least played class in the game.
I would not say fessors are the least played class but the rest is correct :mrgreen:
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for the chart, I've been going off the morloch wiki stats. I see what it says on the sheet, but are you sure its only two seconds? It felt much longer on the public preview. I wish I had actually timed it
Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Luune wrote:Thanks for the chart, I've been going off the morloch wiki stats. I see what it says on the sheet, but are you sure its only two seconds? It felt much longer on the public preview. I wish I had actually timed it
There was a lot of performance issues on preview, one of the reasons people are being cautious about the number of player getting into CB at the start, it feels about 2 seconds on an empty test server. Let us do some more tuning and see how it feels. Also - 2 seconds feels like forever when you have some mino wailing on you with a greataxe ;-) I pulled the numbers for the chart off the database on the server so they are what the game currently thinks.
Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I would not say fessors are the least played class but the rest is correct :mrgreen:
OK, I'll be nice, on preview i think they were the second least played after necromancers ;-)
Luune
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Amaz wrote:
Luune wrote:Thanks for the chart, I've been going off the morloch wiki stats. I see what it says on the sheet, but are you sure its only two seconds? It felt much longer on the public preview. I wish I had actually timed it
There was a lot of performance issues on preview, one of the reasons people are being cautious about the number of player getting into CB at the start, it feels about 2 seconds on an empty test server. Let us do some more tuning and see how it feels. Also - 2 seconds feels like forever when you have some mino wailing on you with a greataxe ;-) I pulled the numbers for the chart off the database on the server so they are what the game currently thinks.
lol yeah It's entirely possible that it's my perception, lag, my old computer, or my faulty memory. But whatever the reason, I still think the class needs something in the way of a boost. Whether it's to survivability, damage output or utility.
IxXxRuthlessxXxI
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:47 pm

i would argue that these are fine and the DA is more in question after final patches.

Return to “Druid, Keeper of the Balance”