X-Bow Nukestalker

Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: X-Bow Nukestalker

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Khal wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:
Telemakus wrote: First, cause your group will Skah! at you if you can't ground things and this isn't a solo game.

They're going to <fluffy bunnies> at me for bringing a Nightstalker to a group function when i should obviously be on a bow scout lol. And yes there is actually solo pvp in SB and it can even be fun :shock:

Sorry, it's been years since I've played, n I never played a ns, or even a scout for gvg, but excluding more
Mobility n detect hidden, what does a scout have over the xbow ns? He definitely doesn't have a st n aoe damage/power damage debuff
I think you answered your own question here. The two greatest utilities that scouts offer their group is detect hidden and high speed recon (augmented by high survive ability via GM def stance which NS lacks) Third most useful utility would be summons for the vamp scouts. Both toons have the same toolbox when it comes to weapon powers (although the scout will have better ATR). Ultimately without GM detect hidden your group is at the mercy of any rogues (or invis mages) which means the opponents assassin will be unstoppable and your group will be defeated. The only thing the NS can offer the group is subpar damage after all he could be playing a casting nuker or an uber melee and be dishing out 3x the dps while still not exposing the assy . . . . . . . but he's on a NS. :?
For that matter group support bards almost always sport a bow giving yet another toon to lend a hand with grounding, snaring and def debuffing. The AOE debuff would be nice sure but not in exchange for all the scout has to offer.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 am

I've never used Xbow before so forgive my ignorance but does Xbow grant a stun among its weapon powers? If not then I beleive that is the reason for getting grounding shot?

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god."
peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:55 pm

High Defense stalker xbow = I wouldn't train archery, too tight.

Cloth stalker dodgey guy build w/xbow = I would definitely train archery to 95 for GShot.
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm

peekachew wrote:High Defense stalker xbow = I wouldn't train archery, too tight.
lol what??? FAIL
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"
peekachew
5v5 Champion
5v5 Champion

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Moco wrote:
peekachew wrote:High Defense stalker xbow = I wouldn't train archery, too tight.
lol what??? FAIL

Aelborne yeah... too tight to be viable... youre better off going unarmed however, a human could still pull this off.
Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 am

Moco wrote:
lol what??? FAIL
lol WTF indeed! :lol:
TooT
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:06 pm

This is probably the closest to my NS build I've seen. Kudo's to you.
Not so proud owner of Anti Nephi Lehi Training city on Brialla...
Seriously I should have spent that time farming people and not mobs.
huang123
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:32 am

procing UA CAN be really good, I just think the more reliable ranged damage from nuking is supperior
天魔
CapnSkillet
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Just wanted to add that I played this build on the preview and had a blast with it. It was my first time playing a xbow nightstalker, and it took a while to learn the playstyle, but once I did it served me well. It could handle most other rogue builds and mages if I could avoid being stunned. However, being stunned was a weakness of the build with no way to give myself stun immunity. It worked best in concert with a couple friends (particularly the wizard I ran with). When running with the wizzy I used a Fey proc crossbow instead of oblivion. It was awesome when Fey procced for 800 or more and took nearly half a mage's health.
Tid
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 am

Yea i think the guy that worked on the xbow animation went on to work for bohemia/arma/dayz ;)
Zvcx
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 am

How are you getting 3K health with only 110 con and all int jewelry/cloth? what are the points in dex for?
Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri May 02, 2014 7:00 am

Zvcx wrote:How are you getting 3K health with only 110 con and all int jewelry/cloth? what are the points in dex for?
This guys build is full of crap. Dont listen to him.
If your going to make a xbow cloth nukestalker you want roughly 155 int/155con(obviously give or take 5 pts for godlyrunes etc).
Then, your going to rock 20 con sleeveless robe, and either runed of genius hood or 20 con hood(I prefer runed). I wear all 10int/10 excorcism jewels on my nukestalker and spike dodge. archery to 95, xbow to 110, excorcism to like 145ish(roughly). Tell ya what when I get home Ill just post my build. Its better than all this crap. Also, the leftover points should not go in dex, LOL. Thats ridiculous. Put the leftovers in spirit for the extra mana. You dont need dex on this toon. Your xbow damage isnt what your bread and butter is.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.
Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 am

WIP wrote:Love my int/con nukestalker. Trained la to 50% but use a 20con sleeveless robe. Want to [fluffy bunnies] off a scout? ROLL THIS
**what i really hate about this toon is the animation time for using a crossbow, theres times when u need to drop combat and move but you guy wants to finish his animation first and it takes forever it seems when ur mid battle.
You do know about the whole as soon as you see the hit roll you cancel the attack animations? If you wanna make a run for somewhere as soon as you see your attack hit, just hit "C" it cancels your attacking and allows you to move instantly. Saved me many a times when I'm kiting with x-bow toons.

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god."
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:28 am

Johnny wrote:
WIP wrote:Love my int/con nukestalker. Trained la to 50% but use a 20con sleeveless robe. Want to [fluffy bunnies] off a scout? ROLL THIS
**what i really hate about this toon is the animation time for using a crossbow, theres times when u need to drop combat and move but you guy wants to finish his animation first and it takes forever it seems when ur mid battle.
You do know about the whole as soon as you see the hit roll you cancel the attack animations? If you wanna make a run for somewhere as soon as you see your attack hit, just hit "C" it cancels your attacking and allows you to move instantly. Saved me many a times when I'm kiting with x-bow toons.
Johnny wrote:*Reserved Till I Get Home And Type Up*
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Johnny wrote:
Sorry to semi-necro this thread but Johnny you know they're not gonna give you a break until you get home and type that damn huntress template :lol:
Marksman
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Always wanted to try one of these someday. Nightstalker is only class I haven't tried yet.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Marksman wrote:Always wanted to try one of these someday. Nightstalker is only class I haven't tried yet.
They're amazing. I haven't tried one before the October '13 preview and I loved it.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 am

Badmoon wrote:
Zvcx wrote:How are you getting 3K health with only 110 con and all int jewelry/cloth? what are the points in dex for?
This guys build is full of crap. Dont listen to him.
If your going to make a xbow cloth nukestalker you want roughly 155 int/155con(obviously give or take 5 pts for godlyrunes etc).
Then, your going to rock 20 con sleeveless robe, and either runed of genius hood or 20 con hood(I prefer runed). I wear all 10int/10 excorcism jewels on my nukestalker and spike dodge. archery to 95, xbow to 110, excorcism to like 145ish(roughly). Tell ya what when I get home Ill just post my build. Its better than all this crap. Also, the leftover points should not go in dex, LOL. Thats ridiculous. Put the leftovers in spirit for the extra mana. You dont need dex on this toon. Your xbow damage isnt what your bread and butter is.
The only thing i'd change is the extra points into SPI for mana. Rogues get atrocious mana returns for points into SPI. Using one jewel slot for "Runed" as you (correctly ) noted nets you more mana than all your left over points into SPI combined. Sinking those extra points into dex gives you a better return on investment for ATR on that xbow with the side bonus of slightly higher DEfence. You also gain a point or two at max physical damage but that's a wash because SPI would have given you a point or so on the MIn for casting (although the dex is again more efficient)
Kidsmeal
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Has anyone tried these with the new human changes?

I love my nukestalker for small scale.

I tried to teach people how to be kings and all they ever wanted to be was soldiers.

Revised Modern Day Utility Scout Guide
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Kidsmeal wrote:Has anyone tried these with the new human changes?

not yet but planned to. I imagine the bonuses can't hurt any.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Kidsmeal wrote:Has anyone tried these with the new human changes?

not yet but planned to. I imagine the bonuses can't hurt any.
NS was the first toon I rolled this preview. The changes are not gamebreaking but they're not downright amazing to the point of putting the other races out of existance either. Pretty much 20 extra points for spirit on a nukestalker. I DO see how this can help defense stalkers but for stalkers IMO spiked dodge/procs/nukes/resist > defense/abysmal mana pool/MR.
Badmoon
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:34 am

I made my UA con/int nukestalker/procstalker and even though my gear isnt nearly as good, and I only was able to obtain a 35 int and con so far, I am really enjoying it. The extra points do help;.
Black Crown IC

"Badmooning" - To go afk at a time of importance due to a Skah! wife or cranky children.
eadelacruz91
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Badmoon ftw <3
Melubb
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nebulae3

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:09 am

I don't know - I am aware that I'm not updated in SB recently, but cloth nuke stalker with 'rogue' power level which is non existence.
I really don't know concerning small scale PvP to ignore all defense and rely on resist cloth.
I feel that a mage assassin is in a different league in comparison to dps.
About larger bane PvP template - I guess it depends what kind of spec. group you're aiming for that stalker.
My favourite PvP night stalker since 2002 beta is certainly high deX with khans -
I tried the xbow stalker last evening and I felt it was very slow indeed, and the animation is way too slow and inaccurate at the moment based on weapon speed, but
that is just details and testing purpose.
So I will re-roll my stalker character and go for old fashion defense and khans I guess. :)
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Melubb wrote:I don't know - I am aware that I'm not updated in SB recently, but cloth nuke stalker with 'rogue' power level which is non existence.
I really don't know concerning small scale PvP to ignore all defense and rely on resist cloth.
About larger bane PvP template - I guess it depends what kind of spec. group you're aiming for that stalker.
My favourite PvP night stalker since 2002 beta is certainly high deX with khans -
I tried the xbow stalker last evening and I felt it was very slow indeed, and the animation is way too slow and inaccurate at the moment based on weapon speed, but
So I will re-roll my stalker character and go for old fashion defense and khans I guess. :)
your favorite nightstalker since 2002 huh?
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 pm

cashmoneyflow wrote:
Melubb wrote:I don't know - I am aware that I'm not updated in SB recently, but cloth nuke stalker with 'rogue' power level which is non existence.
Live was a long time ago... hard to remember the years things dropped... but yeah, that is a big miss.
Blyster
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:25 pm

longblade wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote:
Live was a long time ago... hard to remember the years things dropped... but yeah, that is a big miss.
Well, he also said he was playing a stalker in "beta". I understand people confusing dates, but that's beyond a fantasy.
Melubb
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nebulae3

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Blyster wrote:
longblade wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote: your favorite nightstalker since 2002 huh?
Well, he also said he was playing a stalker in "beta". I understand people confusing dates, but that's beyond a fantasy.
lol, ok it was not since 2002, but it's not a great 'viable' PvP template which was my point. :)
Well, play what u like as long it's fun! ;)
flyredguy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am

Blyster wrote:
longblade wrote:
cashmoneyflow wrote: your favorite nightstalker since 2002 huh?
All you people who have been around since the game first launched are so nitpicky. Chill out with interrogating everyone who puts a date to a statement. that extra year you played doesnt really make you any better. Its just annoying to people seeing posts like this.
ScrappyDoo
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:06 am

Melubb wrote:
Blyster wrote:
longblade wrote: Live was a long time ago... hard to remember the years things dropped... but yeah, that is a big miss.
lol, ok it was not since 2002, but it's not a great 'viable' PvP template which was my point. :)
Well, play what u like as long it's fun! ;)

Also Sundancers weren't out in beta they were released shortly after live. ;)

Back on topic though....the xbow stalker is definately a viable pvp toon. You have GM powers, another ranged attack to cast along with, GM snare, 2 atr cut, def cut, attack speed debuff, bleed, and ground. With your debuff remover on a def build you can keep a target perma atr cut while keeping any def cut off you making you extremely hard to hit all while dmg/power dmg debuffing them and/or attack speed debuffing them hurting any melee or caster vs you. Against any melee toon(other then a thief or scout) you can kite around with while nuking and teeing off with the xbow/procs.

I've had a HG barb at max range that I've gotten 4-5 nukes off with 3-4 xbow shots on before they've closed the gap. Meanwhile I've hit them with a atr debuff, attack speed deuff, and snare and then landed a dmg debuff spell and then began my kiting of them all while they have no real shot of hitting me because i've reduced their atr to under 1k and snared them to keep them at bay.

My xbow builds hover around 1950-2100def and usually is equal con/int with remaining points in dex. I tend to go human because its a little training point tight, and go with archer, blademaster, sabatuer, and I usually go black mask as my 4th disc for passwall. I only put one point in feint for the added 20% atr and only +10% attack speed debuff but still lasts the same amount of time for the really high def toons that still are difficult to hit after a def cut. Train precise in archer line and put a few points in find weakness for some sort of expose that you lack as an xbow. Sabatuer is nice for the catlike to be able to get the jump on some people.

The UA nightstalker is obviously a viable solo pvp option because of lockdowns and much better shot of procs firing. But you can't kite, you don't get atr cuts, and if you go Sundancer with khans you don't get an attack speed debuff for melee toons. You gain the stuns and PBs but you have to be close range for that and vs a mino or HG if they get off a good weapon power attack on you it can take a good chunk out of your hp and without an atr cut its more likely to occur.

Return to “Nightstalker, Enemy of the Darkness”