NON FARMING Sent

h338154
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

NON FARMING Sent

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:41 pm

In large scale what would be your race of choice? I don't have much experience myself and went Cent. The whole getting stunned/rooted when heading towards enemies is a bummer. I was thinking HG might be better for the pb/stun immunity, but as far as I know the Sentinels Charge is strictly a snare break? I was wondering if Aelf would be better but had been hearing the racial break was maybe not working 100% of the time.

In terms of skills I gm'd the little bomb and holy debuff, but I was wondering if the big bomb was worth gm'ing, assuming the recast timer comes down. I love the debuff options (int/spr and str/dex, as well as def/atr) and the aoe snare mana drain is fun. I went with a Truth hammer and proc well enough when I can get hits on someone but where I went con/int (something like 160/120?) I was wondering if the GH would be better and going a str/con/int build.

I know people love Sents for farming but I liked the idea of a support or tank sent. I am guessing on support you could leave intelligence lower and spike con and on a tank perhaps go more of a con/str route. Assuming you were in a group where people could actively dispell your roots and stuns than it would make things easier but for the sake of discussion lets assume this isnt the only solution.
Vahmpyre
Snobo
Snobo

Re: NON FARMING Sent

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:22 pm

h338154 wrote:In large scale what would be your race of choice?
Haven't tried one at a bane yet, but with the recent Elf love to their Healing and Holy resistances, I'd give the pointy ears a shot. They aren't as squish as they used to be and surprisingly fun solo, too. Roll up a dual proc hammer off-stance Elf for solo or a shield/def Elf for large-scale GvG. The damage on a dual hammer Elf is so obscene I'd almost argue going that route in a group spec (if they can be kept alive).
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: NON FARMING Sent

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Vahmpyre wrote:
h338154 wrote:In large scale what would be your race of choice?
Haven't tried one at a bane yet, but with the recent Elf love to their Healing and Holy resistances, I'd give the pointy ears a shot. They aren't as squish as they used to be and surprisingly fun solo, too. Roll up a dual proc hammer off-stance Elf for solo or a shield/def Elf for large-scale GvG. The damage on a dual hammer Elf is so obscene I'd almost argue going that route in a group spec (if they can be kept alive).
I liked the elf high dex/def BW version before the elf love. now they'd be even more survivable. Extremely fun solo and can absolutely send about any solo scout scurrying away in a hurry.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”