Sentinel Chants

Should a Sent's chants be like the Bard's?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Something in between?
9%

Total votes: 11
DaBoon
Snobo
Snobo

Sentinel Chants

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 pm

I was recently trying to build a Sent and couldn't help but feel as though their chants are all but useless due to the fact that they end when you cast a spell. Just wanted to see what people think: should they be made like the Bard chants; should they remain the same; or should they be something in between? If something in between, then what would you suggest?

I personally feel that all chants should be like the Bard's... that's just me though.
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Sentinel Chants

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:31 pm

By like bards you mean insta cast?

Bards chants are broken by casting as well. Also sent chants are debuffs, not buffs.
chimpy
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 am

Beula wrote:By like bards you mean insta cast?

Bards chants are broken by casting as well. Also sent chants are debuffs, not buffs.
Exactly this. Bard's spells are group only, Sent chant is an AoE debuff - huge difference.
DaBoon
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

They are insta-cast and cost no mana. That's what I mean. I realize it's different though (Bias - I just want a killer sent), so maybe like insta-cast with a (smaller) mana cost? It just seems to me like the only debuff ever used by sents is the holy resistance debuff, and that's too bad when they have other skills that would make them more viable in GvG.

Here's an example of a sent chant:

Archonic Word of Binding
"Area of Effect Intelligence and Spirit Debuff Chant (0 Range)"
requires Abjuration Skill (96)
Granted: Level 45
Focus Skill: Abjuration
Mana Cost: 55 to 75 (from rank 1 to 40)
Casting Time: 3 Seconds
Recycle Time: 0.0 Seconds
Requirements: None.
Requires Roll to hit: No
Group Friendly: Yes
Target and Range: Spherical Effect Centered on Caster (30 Units)
Chant Power: Spell recasts itself every 20 seconds for 12 iterations (unless broken first).
Duration: 20 seconds
Effects:
Intelligence Adjustment: -10 to -50 (from power rank 0 to 40)
Spirit Adjustment: -10 to -50 (from power rank 0 to 40)
Stackability: Can be stacked with any spell other than itself.

75 mana, 3 second cast, and a mere 20 second debuff..... see the problem here? Maybe if the duration was increased to like 40 seconds or something people would actually find it useful to train, but as is, I don't see anyone using a sent's debuff capabilities any time soon despite having a lot of potential as a support toon... Support in the "I'm making our enemies weaker" sense.
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:32 pm

DaBoon wrote:They are insta-cast and cost no mana. That's what I mean. I realize it's different though (Bias - I just want a killer sent), so maybe like insta-cast with a (smaller) mana cost? It just seems to me like the only debuff ever used by sents is the holy resistance debuff, and that's too bad when they have other skills that would make them more viable in GvG.

Archonic Word of Binding
Chant Power: Spell recasts itself every 20 seconds for 12 iterations (unless broken first).
Effects:

75 mana, 3 second cast, and a mere 20 second debuff..... see the problem here? Maybe if the duration was increased to like 40 seconds or something people would actually find it useful to train, but as is, I don't see anyone using a sent's debuff capabilities any time soon despite having a lot of potential as a support toon... Support in the "I'm making our enemies weaker" sense.
To be honest i think they should be EXACTLY like a bard's. Indefinite chant until cancelled would be the only way to make it useful.
-Express Tunnel Service-
Beula
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Da12ksider wrote:
DaBoon wrote:They are insta-cast and cost no mana. That's what I mean. I realize it's different though (Bias - I just want a killer sent), so maybe like insta-cast with a (smaller) mana cost? It just seems to me like the only debuff ever used by sents is the holy resistance debuff, and that's too bad when they have other skills that would make them more viable in GvG.

Archonic Word of Binding
Effects:

To be honest i think they should be EXACTLY like a bard's. Indefinite chant until cancelled would be the only way to make it useful.
First: The bards aren't indefinite they do have a maximum cycle, they just had no cost or cast time so people would spam it and you'd never know the difference.
Second: The Sentinels (after the cast time) is exactly like the bards as far as I know.

The difference lies in the cast time on the sentinel and the mana cost associated with it.
Da12ksider
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh i suppose you're right. It HAS been a while haha. I see what you're getting at now. I doubt they'll ever make it like that to be honest. Simply because its not really that useful unless you're in the middle of a group of baddies. And the only time i ever seen sentinels grow balls is when they're about to self destruct. :P The cast time is ridiculous and the mana cost i will give you that. But even if it was like a bard's do you think you'd actually use it on a regular basis?
-Express Tunnel Service-

Return to “Sentinel, Scourge of Chaos”