Rune Caster vs. Glad

flyredguy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Rune Caster vs. Glad

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm

On a ua scout which is better? im assuming glad for the remove bleed but nyth rune is a bigger heal i believe. and i usually do like to just take my chances and fight straight up instead of removing bleed and running off. so idk was looking for advice. plus beroc can be useful sometimes.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Re: Rune Caster vs. Glad

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 pm

both at the same time 0.0
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm

tooshifty wrote:both at the same time 0.0

This guy knows what we talking about
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Rewen wrote:Art thou enraged?
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:59 pm

flyredguy wrote:On a ua scout which is better? im assuming glad for the remove bleed but nyth rune is a bigger heal i believe. and i usually do like to just take my chances and fight straight up instead of removing bleed and running off. so idk was looking for advice. plus beroc can be useful sometimes.
ideally you should take both but if you had to chose IMO Glad is tactically better.

However you need to weigh a few things. Yes Rune Caster is going to heal you for slightly more than Glad however stealthing aside, that little bit of extra heal no where near out performs the damage you take from letting the bleed run its full course so in the end taking RC over Glad is a net loss for HP on the heal. BTW stealthing doesn't have to be only an escape tactic especially on a UA scout (who is absolutely going to have blackmask) it can be used offensively if you are good enough. Do you have any idea how many scouts don't keep their eyes up During a fight vs. another scout? Eyes have a 2 second cast time giving you ample time to stealth and backstab your opponent mid fight seeing as how you are already fighting at 0 range on the UA scout anyways. However without Glad you'll never have any of those options.

The other extras from each rune should be considered as well. On Glad, "resist pain" and "call of the crowd" are both good skills and often overlooked. I like to throw as many points as I can in resist pain and will always put one point into call of the crowd. Their only drawbacks are the recycle time is so long they are always going to be a "once-a-fight" spell.

Runecaster has Beorc rune for the F/L/C resist but IMO that's of very limited value unless for some reason you often find yourself going up against a whole lot of casters for some reason. Even still do you really want to invest 20 trains for +25 resists on damage types that you won't see 90% of your fights? Another also overlooked one is "Ur rune" 1 train for +10 STR THAT STACKS on top of your pot is a no brainer. Str is after all your secondary stat for things like min damage etc and every little bit helps right ?
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Fleetness
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Well, with the server pop being low, and dual boxing being banned, Beorc is not so valuable. But on live, it was very handy for taking out Druid and Fury farmers. Saved my life many a time. Also during banes, 25% from Beorc stacked with 25% from a charmed of power neck also kept you alive a lot longer. My scout was always outside of a group, or grouped only with other Rogues/Scouts, so SoS was never involved.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Fleetness wrote:Well, with the server pop being low, and dual boxing being banned, Beorc is not so valuable. But on live, it was very handy for taking out Druid and Fury farmers. Saved my life many a time. Also during banes, 25% from Beorc stacked with 25% from a charmed of power neck also kept you alive a lot longer. My scout was always outside of a group, or grouped only with other Rogues/Scouts, so SoS was never involved.
I was going from the assumption he's on a UA scout which has no business running with groups at mines or banes. And attempting to take on furies would just be suicide (except on a bird UA scout). I'm thinking he's strictly thinking solo pvper which means he might end up fighting templars once in a while but 90%+ of the time it'll be other rogues which almost never use F/L/C.
flyredguy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm

good point about the health saved from removing the bleed. didnt think about that. but as for backstabs i can stealth and backstab in between the bleeds. yeah im rarely at banes or mines unless theres absolutely no bow scouts around. but what would i drop to take glad too? (actually didnt know i could take both) if im irekie ill take black mask, sundancer, undead hunter, and rc/glad. i guess the coix version would have the open slot from dropping sundancer
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:26 pm

flyredguy wrote:good point about the health saved from removing the bleed. didnt think about that. but as for backstabs i can stealth and backstab in between the bleeds. yeah im rarely at banes or mines unless theres absolutely no bow scouts around. but what would i drop to take glad too? (actually didnt know i could take both) if im irekie ill take black mask, sundancer, undead hunter, and rc/glad. i guess the coix version would have the open slot from dropping sundancer
IMO having both RC and Glad is more important than UH (of which the only thing gained is 1 T2 proc - on a dual wielder) On the bird you'll be replacing sundancer with skydancer so you still have the same predicament.
vaniir
Snobo
Snobo

Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

Hate to sound like a newbie here but the wiki says that Rune Caster removes bleed also. Is it just wrong? Did it used to? Is it supposed to?
Nyth Rune
Nyth Rune's Power Cameo "Single Target Heal"
Granted: Level 20
Power Rank: 0 ( Untrained)
Teachers: Master Rune Caster (20)
Focus Skill: None
Flagged As: Spell (Cancels effects which are cancelled by Spellcasting).
Mana Cost: 30 (at power ranks 0 to 20)
Casting Time: 2 seconds
Recycle Time: 0.0 seconds
Generates Hate: Moderate
Power User Requirements: Player must not be moving when he activates this power.
Mode Required: Either Combat or Non-Combat Mode
Requires Hit Roll: No
Target and Range: Players Only (100 Units)
Can affect caster and group members.
Removes Effect
Removes effect with "Bleeding" dispel tag.

Healing
Health Replenishment: 15 — 20 to 32 — 43 points (from power rank 0 to 20)
Dispel Tags: Heal
Spell's power was adjusted to not be greater than the Healer's Blessed Mending spell.
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 am

<Level 20 bleeds
Undeadkiller wrote:Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and shouldn't be told what they can or cannot think and or can or cannot say. It goes against the Human Rights Act.
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 am

Would be my assumption anyways. I've always thought it had to be a GM heal toremove any bleed, until you posted that.
unfringed
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 pm

All heals except for the warlock heal remove bleeds equal or lower in rank. So JM RC removes JM bleeds.
Khal
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Tue May 06, 2014 6:21 pm

unfringed wrote:All heals except for the warlock heal remove bleeds equal or lower in rank. So JM RC removes JM bleeds.
Good to know, thanks.

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”