scout advice or being brilliant at the basics...

Ashtaroth
Snobo
Snobo

scout advice or being brilliant at the basics...

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:47 am

I actually need some help/tips, and I apologize in advance for the request of such hand holding.

WHAT I REALLY NEED/want to know ...is the gain of X skill% from high INT better or worse than the gain from High DEX in regards to a scout?

AND...

What would the recommend/suggested Stat cap for a Aracoix Scout be in terms of INT/CON?

I am wondering for a scout is it better to go high int/con or high dex/con... in the sense of skill based (e.g. dodge, bow, archery). I am actually not looking to go high defense but rather resist/dodge, glad heal, & Nyth heal... or at least considering it lol.

I never toyed with High(er) INT characters and for the most part none, with exception of Vamp scout and some were- builds, there really is no reason too... so I thought. However I am curious, but lack some of the base knowledge(s).

I want to play Aracoix Scout. I know an Int build probably better served via human or vampire... but that doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be done lol. In truth I have seen some impressive int/con bird priest (in past)...so I know (sorta) it can be done.
DyingMoon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: scout advice or being brilliant at the basics...

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

I've never played an off scout, but I guess Int/Con might be a better choice here, although you will also smash any def scout with Dex/Con if you're going for resists.

Int/Con will make for a nice runecaster heal and by using a War Bow with a t3 Proc and Undead Hunter you'll get off some nasty procs. Also you'll be able to get higher Dodge with it, which is something that you have to rely on a little.

Dex/Con, maybe connected with a Vorgrim Bow, may lead to some nasty Weapon damage, especially considering your skydancer buff.

But as mentioned, I don't have really much experience on off scouts, except fighting them. Maybe some fans of the "Equastro Way" might offer some more valid information here. :)
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Int/con resist proc scouts are pretty good. Max your pierce resist and watch those 200-300s done with defense scouts drop to 50-70 a pop. DyingMoon did a pretty good job summing up the benefits.
Still be wary of things like stalkers, huntresses, etc. These can still make quick work of you in my experience. But as a Scout you pick your fights so this shouldn't be a problem.
Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 am

Protip, don't use the Warbow or Vorg Bow.

Also. An Aelf or Human for a starter will outperform them birds.
Marksman
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:47 am

Steffa97 wrote:Int/con resist proc scouts are pretty good. Max your pierce resist and watch those 200-300s done with defense scouts drop to 50-70 a pop. DyingMoon did a pretty good job summing up the benefits.
Still be wary of things like stalkers, huntresses, etc. These can still make quick work of you in my experience. But as a Scout you pick your fights so this shouldn't be a problem.
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:18 am

Pollarixie wrote:Protip, don't use the Warbow or Vorg Bow.

Also. An Aelf or Human for a starter will outperform them birds.
Vorg bow I agree with (except very early server before you have vendors ranked), it's soooooo slooooow. War Bow has a few builds though, I had fun with a war bow on MB because their proc prefixes were firing (may still be, haven't checked) at a stupid rate and a hell of a lot harder than they do over here. Suffix procs were comparable on both projects. With a Crackling of Oblivion I was seeing 2-3x Crackling procs for every Obliv or t4 Holy proc on average.

Bow proc builds are typically subpar though, no doubt. Especially if OP wants to roll as a dumb bird. Back on Veng, before birds got hoods and skydancer, I played a res/con bird that had ~150/140/61 splits iirc. Con/con jewels and PoR horwathi with max-pierce LA and gold dodge. Built as a rogue killer and recon scout that needed to cover a lot of ground during the extensive bane wars that server was known for and it needed to kill/chase-off any enemy scouts on its own. Skah! was mean as Skah!. I was able to play modified versions of it through until Vindication (I think?) or so but in this current iteration of SB you'd probably be better off going with a little more dex than I did.

The comparison of bird priests is a bit skewed I think. A priest can sufficiently do his job with 85 int but procs with 85 int are going to blow real hard. Compound those terrible procs with a slow-firing bow and it's just not worth the time. OP's far better off going for balanced dex/con with 61 int (min to get 90 trains in a focus) imo.
Nope.
Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 am

I just prefer having the range from a horwathi to actually kite, and be out of mage range fast. Lol.
Splifflord
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:41 pm

^Stop giving away all the seKrits fool. Let them use their war bows so I can kite them to death then laugh at them afterwards
Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:48 am

Lol. Did they ban your other account?

Come play Skah!.
AdamWest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 am

I think a war bow, proc build still makes sense with a vampire.

You need to be in drain range anyways, and the drain hits very hard with high int and the new 2 for 1 trains with Bloodcraft.
Splifflord
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Pollarixie wrote:Lol. Did they ban your other account?

Come play Skah!.
Of course they did, these cats are 100% Skah!. Iono I might make a char or two later if I get bored enough
Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Word. Haha.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:42 pm

AdamWest wrote:I think a war bow, proc build still makes sense with a vampire.

You need to be in drain range anyways, and the drain hits very hard with high int and the new 2 for 1 trains with Bloodcraft.
I made one and it's pretty good, not gonna lie.

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”