Your favorite Scout.

Dish
Snobo
Snobo

Your favorite Scout.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:23 pm

I have had 2. The first one is my Cloth human dagger throwing scout. 140ish int and 150ish con. I started this build back on wrath, i cant remember alot of them at that time. My guild and i were tree hopping one day and found a mino barb. I mention in vent i will handle this one and they all laughed and said go for it. So i pop out of stealth and hammer him with a couple 700+ procs, dodged his attacks like a mother and continued. rage popped and he started to had out the stuns. Well i ended up being the victor that match and from then on i continued and perfected the play style.
Golded dodge, running, athletics, runecaster heal, undead proc, i was running around with 5k+ hp, 25ish phisical resists, and a ton of stam. I never died to another scout ever. 1.8k atr in O stance roughly 2.5k in precise. SuperClip was the name.

Next one was when the servers were dead, just weeks before the end date. I made an all dex and int bow vamp scout. WOW them drains hit for atleast 600. 2.4k def. I was popping off at the mouth to the "then" scout advocator and challanged him. We met up and went at it. Our first bout went off and i came out winning. Clearing i was grinning at this point. We went another bout and it was close the second time but again i won. I would have Skah! talked him but he stated on the forums that he was the best at the class and i just had to try.

Just talking about the old days get me excited for the Emu, cant wait to build my toons again. I have 26 listed out atm.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: Your favorite Scout.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am

Dish wrote:I have had 2. The first one is my Cloth human dagger throwing scout. 140ish int and 150ish con. I started this build back on wrath, i cant remember alot of them at that time. My guild and i were tree hopping one day and found a mino barb. I mention in vent i will handle this one and they all laughed and said go for it. So i pop out of stealth and hammer him with a couple 700+ procs, dodged his attacks like a mother and continued. rage popped and he started to had out the stuns. Well i ended up being the victor that match and from then on i continued and perfected the play style.
Golded dodge, running, athletics, runecaster heal, undead proc, i was running around with 5k+ hp, 25ish phisical resists, and a ton of stam. I never died to another scout ever. 1.8k atr in O stance roughly 2.5k in precise. SuperClip was the name.

Next one was when the servers were dead, just weeks before the end date. I made an all dex and int bow vamp scout. WOW them drains hit for atleast 600. 2.4k def. I was popping off at the mouth to the "then" scout advocator and challanged him. We met up and went at it. Our first bout went off and i came out winning. Clearing i was grinning at this point. We went another bout and it was close the second time but again i won. I would have Skah! talked him but he stated on the forums that he was the best at the class and i just had to try.

Just talking about the old days get me excited for the Emu, cant wait to build my toons again. I have 26 listed out atm.
To be sure these were a rare build. I built my first at the tail end of Mourning and have alwaya had one since. I've always preferred LA over cloth and you are totally wasting 20 trains on the UH proc. Golding running isn't necessary either. 100 % is fast enough to catch 99.9% of the other toons on the server.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
phque
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Dish wrote:I have had 2. The first one is my Cloth human dagger throwing scout. 140ish int and 150ish con. I started this build back on wrath, i cant remember alot of them at that time. My guild and i were tree hopping one day and found a mino barb. I mention in vent i will handle this one and they all laughed and said go for it. So i pop out of stealth and hammer him with a couple 700+ procs, dodged his attacks like a mother and continued. rage popped and he started to had out the stuns. Well i ended up being the victor that match and from then on i continued and perfected the play style.

cloth for the human throwing dagger??
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm

phque wrote:

cloth for the human throwing dagger??
Yeah it sounds wacky but it works. He's using all cloth for a robe with stats on it and to skimp on trains so he can gold out other things.
Myself, well i preferred the resists to be higher. IMO take armor up some. I've even built it with armor & a cloth/hood robe ! The sleeves,gloves,boots actually add up to some decent resist numbers. Better than the 25 or so he listed. There is also the psychological factor of your opponent not knowing your build or underestimating you severely when he spots a tdag scout running around in cloth or less than 100% armor.

Just be aware that it has a completely unconventional playstyle and it will take some getting used to. But like the OP stated mine NEVER lost to another scout. EVER.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Dish wrote:Just talking about the old days get me excited for the Emu, cant wait to build my toons again. I have 26 listed out atm.
yup i have at least that many written down myself. I dont know what to make first when i get to play.
the con scout is a good idea.

irekei sd scouts are my fav but the best scouts are probably vampire, especially if you made a con one.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Kenos
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 am

Blademaster scout with gold running.

Yes. I ran often.
-Kenos//Minotaurus//Templar//Celebria-
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

you sir are overexagerating your charectors specs hardcore. an all dex vamp w/ 600hit drains is a lie you are not getting 2.4k def with that. You would need gold armor and mastery and 350dex just to reach 2300def. to reach 600dmg on a drain you need to max your int beyond the capability of any charector, if it was a mage id believe that drain damage... and to have both at the same time is just obsurd. also 150int does not get u 700dmg procs. like 600 on the main maybe, with int buff, but not even close on the uh proc.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:07 am

tooshifty wrote:

you sir are overexagerating your charectors specs hardcore. an all dex vamp w/ 600hit drains is a lie you are not getting 2.4k def with that. You would need gold armor and mastery and 350dex just to reach 2300def. to reach 600dmg on a drain you need to max your int beyond the capability of any charector, if it was a mage id believe that drain damage... and to have both at the same time is just obsurd. also 150int does not get u 700dmg procs. like 600 on the main maybe, with int buff, but not even close on the uh proc.
His math is ok. I had something similar. Drains for 600 hundred with 150 int and procs even for 800 with oblivion proc.
Jacamo
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 am

Agreed, you can get drains and procs that high, and u can also pull off 2300-2400 def, but i also agree you can't do both at the same time... 2200 def max... with that high of int...
niz
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm

shade t-dagg wererat scout pre travel stance
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Jacamo wrote:Agreed, you can get drains and procs that high, and u can also pull off 2300-2400 def, but i also agree you can't do both at the same time... 2200 def max... with that high of int...
+1

No way you can do both, it's one or the other.
Nope.
Sinnisterii
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:26 pm

i really enjoyed my regen bow scout i found it to be quite effective for server up runs
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Sinnisterii wrote:i really enjoyed my regen bow scout i found it to be quite effective for server up runs
Thats odd

I go just the opposite for server up. The con/int proc scout requires a full set of rolled gear that's hardly easy to come by at server up. Your standard high D / damage scout however can be made quickly and easily by hunting vorg la.
KiLLeRz
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 am

I run around with the same kind of build @ OP... and I also started it on Wrath. No shizznit! lol It is my favorite scout and I agree to your statement about not being killed by the fotm bow scouts. Aracoix can be a pest tho! However dodge, regen, heals usually out heal their damage
Sithlord
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00 am

Well I could believe the drains part. Back then Drains were over powered till they were gimped. Drains use to hit hard and were outrageous back then even for rogues.
Heyzeuss
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 am

I've tried the con/int version and didn't care for it all, the attack power usually is lower because of the lack of dex... con returns on rogues are awful... getting hit by every snare and stun takes away the advantage of being a scout. I think they are awful, but i'm also the kinda of scout that'll take plague and while you keep trying to runecaster yourself up till oom you are doing no dmg. As far of my favorite scout.... NONE! If it ain't a bow scout, it ain't a scout... and bow is the most boring weapon EVER, lol
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Heyzeuss wrote:I've tried the con/int version and didn't care for it all, the attack power usually is lower because of the lack of dex... con returns on rogues are awful... getting hit by every snare and stun takes away the advantage of being a scout. I think they are awful, but i'm also the kinda of scout that'll take plague and while you keep trying to runecaster yourself up till oom you are doing no dmg. As far of my favorite scout.... NONE! If it ain't a bow scout, it ain't a scout... and bow is the most boring weapon EVER, lol
90% of what you listed can be fixed through proper build/playstyle. ATR is indeed vital. My current version in CB has ~1950 in Ostance (which i prefer to fight out of) not counting "call of the crowd" and ~2500 atr in precise. You have a GM Def cut (for all high def targets) granted you can also be hit with an ATR debuff but you'd be surprised at how many times even other bow scouts let that one slip out of sheer habit of keeping you def cut (which is laughable and entirely unnecessary) Con returns on rogues are not that bad. Geared out (35 con rune) I currently have 4100 hp. I even sacrificed some CON on jewls and gear. All in All I could get just under 5k health on the human with massive HR. That's a huge difference from your standard coix dex build with what 2400 ? HP. You also have to account for those heals. I normally use one jewl slot for runed and that nets me around 550 total mana which means I can easily heal for 2k more HP in the fight. SPI returns on rogues are what really suck which is why i dump leftover points into Dex. Ratcatcher's plague was nerfed it's only 75% HR debuff now and I can count on one hand the number of rogue opponents who have ever used it against me. Ultimately with gold pierce resists, 4k HP (2k more in reserves) AND the ability to cast RC heals WHILE still slinging arrows (IE: proccing) The Con/Int resist will win every time through attrition if not sooner through proccing.
Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 am

My favourite scout was a high dex human designed to take advantage of the ridiculous changes to bow powers at the time. I'd do almost the exact same thing at the start of every small scale engagement: Start in a wereform, drop my damage chant, expose, defense debuff (100% style) damage debuff (100% style) then immediately drop form for find weakness and proceed to use my 150% styles for ridiculous numbers. Most rogues wouldn't last through the expose time without either dying or being forced to run, and a certain elf scout on Vindication managed to die in 3 hits to it.
Crazy Talk GL
Braxis
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 am

My favorite scout is now chet's. Even though I fought him poorly geared and no discs, I could see that it was far superior than mine. Or I just forgot how to play a scout. I want the template.
jzl001
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm

:ugeek: :ugeek:
jzl001
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm

:ugeek: :ugeek:
whoever27
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:40 pm

vampire
Vandarr
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

You're either confused or a liar. I was the scout advocate and a week before the servers went down I wasn't dueling anyone due to the sleep deprivation caused by being a new dad. Further, Skitzer was the only vamp I recall losing a duel to, in SDR on Vindication - two years before SB closed shop. In addition, I never claimed to be the best on the forums, as it's a ridiculous assertion when you can't fight every single person in the game.

If you really want to get into it, to get 5k hp on a scout, you're going to need 345 CON all told to break that mark, which you're not likely to do if you plan on hitting anything - especially your basic def/dex bow scout.

Sig by Dubanka - winning Vandarr entry for team sig contest, October 2013.
Reyes
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 am

im just come here for sth about scout's
How to Join SBEmu | Wiki | Code of Conduct | Facebook
Deshi Deshi! Basara Basara!
Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Human wererat
~Retribution~
WIP
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 am

I agree with cryfoul I use con/int resist builds to fight scouts and usually have no problems unless they have glass bow. On the other hand I agree with heyzeuss in that it sux for gvg as u will b hit with everything, so for gvg I have a high def/DMg scout that I use. It's all situational.
Aireez
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:42 am

My favorite scout was a ua vamp scout. His name was Aireez hence my user name they way I had him specced made him a foe to definitly b reckoned with! >)
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Vandarr wrote:

You're either confused or a liar. I was the scout advocate and a week before the servers went down I wasn't dueling anyone due to the sleep deprivation caused by being a new dad. Further, Skitzer was the only vamp I recall losing a duel to, in SDR on Vindication - two years before SB closed shop. In addition, I never claimed to be the best on the forums, as it's a ridiculous assertion when you can't fight every single person in the game.

If you really want to get into it, to get 5k hp on a scout, you're going to need 345 CON all told to break that mark, which you're not likely to do if you plan on hitting anything - especially your basic def/dex bow scout.
My wererat scout had 5200hp in form. And i only lost to 2 scouts with it....one was when i didnt have a glass bow and the other was some coix def scout that was a black shield(dev person). I COULD not hit it for some reason...and my scout had mad atr. Though it only had 88int.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:00 pm

chet wrote:Vampires are simply gimp.
Not gimp if u know how to make the right one. =P ur so gimp.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Moco
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm

tooshifty wrote:
My wererat scout had 5200hp in form. And i only lost to 2 scouts with it....one was when i didnt have a glass bow and the other was some coix def scout that was a black shield(dev person). I COULD not hit it for some reason...and my scout had mad atr. Though it only had 88int.
relying on glass bow = gimp as Skah!, oh and that wr scout you have died to my bird & aelfs numerous times during cb :mrgreen:
Pertonas - "We will not bane Stimutax because it is a CN nation" "you play a bird scout & exploit constantly"

Return to “Scout, Master Pathfinder”