Parry

flyredguy
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Parry

Mon May 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Does parry work with a bow? Is it worth it to train it on a fighter bow ranger? how many points would it be worth to put in? are bow fighter rangers even worth it?
Pollarixie
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: Parry

Mon May 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Can't parry with a bow. Bow rangers are definetly worth it though it's a toss up between rogue and fighter.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Wed May 07, 2014 5:06 pm

IMO
If you're going resist/HP, go fighter. Stealth isn't important here as with scoutbane the way it is, if someone wants you popped, they're gonna pop you. That and the extra HP from fighter HP/CON returns is worth it, plus the damage bonus from fighter O-stance and the further bonus from Wererat if you take it means outrageous DPS. Plus if for some reason you go HG, you get toughness, but idk why you'd do that with a bow. Fighters aren't good defense rangers IMO, fighter D-stance comes with a snare.

If you're going cloth/dodge/regen, IMO stack con and go rogue. You can still make a fighter regen ranger for better HP but you'll have no passive D, which means you're relying on the 5% hitroll to not get hit, whereas with rogues, you'll get dodge, best PD in the game which also works with a bow. Granted the HP returns aren't that great you can still reach 4-4.5k easy and still have MA to back up some resists. Your damage won't be AS great but currently with my Aelf rogue, the bow damage with the open-beta Aeldrith bow is 100-430 in D-stance, 120-470 in O-stance. Not bad at all.

In the end it's your call. Hope I helped.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Steffa97 wrote:IMO
If you're going resist/HP, go fighter. Stealth isn't important here as with scoutbane the way it is, if someone wants you popped, they're gonna pop you. That and the extra HP from fighter HP/CON returns is worth it, plus the damage bonus from fighter O-stance and the further bonus from Wererat if you take it means outrageous DPS. Plus if for some reason you go HG, you get toughness, but idk why you'd do that with a bow. Fighters aren't good defense rangers IMO, fighter D-stance comes with a snare.

If you're going cloth/dodge/regen, IMO stack con and go rogue. You can still make a fighter regen ranger for better HP but you'll have no passive D, which means you're relying on the 5% hitroll to not get hit, whereas with rogues, you'll get dodge, best PD in the game which also works with a bow. Granted the HP returns aren't that great you can still reach 4-4.5k easy and still have MA to back up some resists. Your damage won't be AS great but currently with my Aelf rogue, the bow damage with the open-beta Aeldrith bow is 100-430 in D-stance, 120-470 in O-stance. Not bad at all.

fighter rangers make great def toons. what you talkin bout willis?
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Zoopz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am

flyredguy wrote:Does parry work with a bow? Is it worth it to train it on a fighter bow ranger? how many points would it be worth to put in? are bow fighter rangers even worth it?
No.

Nothing should be too close to you to really need it anyway.
Shax wrote:The Darwin Awards better watch out for Zoopz.
Swing wrote:Zoopz, I think you should have your sig's ears flash on an off, too. There's just not enough animation in that sig.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm

tooshifty wrote:
Steffa97 wrote:IMO

fighter rangers make great def toons. what you talkin bout willis?
If you're going bow, then I'd much rather go rogue for dodge. Plus fighter D-stance snare.

Not to say a defense fighter isn't good. It's viable, but the rogue base does it better IMO.

Return to “Thief, Master Burglar”