We needed to modify some healer-base cores to implement a good foundation for differentiating DPS healers and supportive healers. It'll allow some differing builds to flourish and lower the dependance on elite healer gear!
- Restoration is now based 100% off of Spirit instead of 60 Int 40 Spirit. This will encourage pure healer builds to use spirit builds and rely less on gear, allowing them to be differentiated from dps builds.
- Made Blessed Healing scale differently and trainable to GM instead of JM. The new PR-20 will be less powerful than the current PR-20, while the new GM will be more powerful than the current PR-20
The new Healer/Support Channeler is very interesting. Many new tools and powerful support spells make it an incredibly diverse role. It'll shine as anti-elemental, anti-burst and auxilary support through dispels and peeling. It's downfall will be lack of powerful and sustainable healing and personal survivability. A very high skill cap support class.
- Flesh of Granite has been redesigned. It is now Single Target, costs 75 Mana, absorbs 750 Physical damage and has a 20s Duration and 10s Cooldown.
- Flesh of Lead has been redesigned. It is now Single Target, costs 75 Mana, absorbs 1000 Elemental damage and has a 20s Duration and 60s Cooldown.
- Aqeuas Rejuvenation has been reworked into "Glacial Rejuvenation" a Single Target Encase spell, rooting a target for 8s and healing health, mana and stamina over 8s. The Root and Healing ends after taking 1,000 damage. The Mana cost is 150. The cooldown is 40s. The healing is based on Restoration.
- Healer Channeler Offensive stance has been increased from 10 to 20 and Defensive Stance from 10 to 30.
- Blizzards's Damage has been reduced by about 25%. The cast time is also reduced by 1s. The ability is now group friendly and the mana cost has been increased to 90.
- Channeler Dispels have been merged into one dispel-elemental ability. Its mana cost has been doubled and it dispels 1 of each Element at once.
- Aura of Flame has been reworked into "Cauterize", a Single Target Fire Damage (10% HEALTH) & Debuff Dispel with a 6s Recast and 150 mana cost.
We hope to reinforce the supportive options of the Confessor by tweaking current spells to give them greater oomph. Many abilities will be worth training and the build diversity of a confessor will be greatly increased. The playstyle we're trying to encourage for supportive confessors is a heavy debuffing, proactive damage mitigation role. The Confessor already had great sacrifices but had limited capacity to use them due to very few personal survivability mechanisms, so we adjusted the Confessor drains to be based on Restoration rather than Thaumaturgy and amped up their transfer rates - so before you may have drained someone for 100 and been healed for 100, now if you deal 100 damage you'll be healed for 250 (or 150 if not the DoT). This allows a supportive confessor to play with the health pools on the battlefield - by draining the enemy applying light pressure and transferring that drained health to allies through Sacrifice heal over times and Sacrifice direct healing. The downside of the Confessor will be its lack of mobility, stun immunity, class-heals and lack of a dispel debuff. It will be a supremely powerful mitigation support class that will shine against melee especially. A high skill cap and greatly dangerous playstyle rewarding proactive play and taking risks is what awaits the new supportive Confessor.
- Steadfast Congregation's cooldown and duration are now 30s, and the cast time lowered from 8s to 4s. The absorption amount is 500.
- Render Guilt, Area of Effect Strength Debuff now also dispels Strength Buffs. The mana cost has been increased to 100. The cooldown has been increased to 60s.
- Contrition's focusline has been changed from Thaumaturgy to Restoration, its cast time has been lowered to 1.5 and the efficiency increased to 250%. The cooldown is 10s. Mana cost increased to 140.
- Purge Wickedness' focusline has been changed from Thaumaturgy to Restoration, its cast time has been lowered to 1.5 and the efficiency increased to 150%. The cooldown is now 10s, up from 5. Mana cost increased to 120.
- Fortress of Faith is now single target and the cooldown scales from 50 Minutes at PR-01 to 5 minutes at PR-40. The cast time scales from down to 0.2.
- The Redeemer's Blessing Sacrifice Ratio has been increased from 120%(HOT)/160% to 250%(HOT)/250% while the base amount was reduced from 13.5 to 10.0.
- Kiss of the Martyrs base transfer amount has been lowered from 31.5 to 26.5 and the transfer ratio increased from 240% to 250%.
- Inspiration of the Zealots now scales up to 120% efficiency, up from 80%.
- Inspiration of the Zealots now applies a stacking 10-50 Spirit buff to the Confessor, called Inspiration. It lasts 60s.
- Inspire the Chosen now applies the Inspiration buff (10-50 stacking spirit) to the target for 60s.
- Brand the Wicked and Saint Malorn's Wrath now apply the Exhausted debuff. It is -10 to -50 Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence for 10 seconds.
- Blessing of The Healing Hands' range has been increased to 25 units. It now also dispels all debuffs from the target. The cast time has also been lowered to 0.2s while the mana cost is increased to 200 mana.
- Darius' Fist has been renamed to Darius' Judgement. It is now places a Heal over Time (30s) on allies in 16 unit range and a Damage over Time (30s) on enemies in a 16 unit range (up from 10). The damage on this ability has been increased from 8-25 to 10-30 and a 2s cast time has been introduced, previously 1 second.
- Aid to the Faithful has been repurposed as a Group Healing Receptivity Buff. It increases the healing your group receives by +30% at GM for 30s, increases health regeneration by 300% for 30s and has a 300s recast. The spell now consumes 200 to 600 Health to use.
The Druid had an incredibly effective snaring and pressure damage role in previous iterations but build diversity and real defensive supportive options were limited or non existent. We wanted to foster some increased build diversity and a sense that a Druid provides an interesting, different playstyle to other defensive support healers. We concentrated on the idea that Druids are not about anti-burst whatsoever - they're about keeping your group topped up and reducing pressure damage, with a focus on high mobility & pressure. The new supportive druid is about properly timing your new tools and staying highly mobile - with a lot less raw burst healing than other healers the druid will need to be on their toes, but is rewarded with excellent Healing Per Second if they make the correct decisions.
- Regrowth's mana cost has been increased from 59 to 85 and cast time from 2.7 to 2.5. Regrowth's initial heal has been greatly reduced, and now has a heal over time effect for 10 seconds, healing every 2s.
- Raptor Cloak's mana cost has been increased to 250 (at GM), cast time increased to 6.5 and duration reduced to 30s. The cast time scales down to 1.5 at GM, the runbuff scales up to 40% and the spell is now single target. The recast is 120s.
- Cloak of Thorns is now a 100% Piercing Damage Shield. It has a 1.5s cast time and short recast of 6s. 100% of damage dealt to the target will be reflected to the attacker. The mana cost is the main limiting factor and is 240.
- Braialla's Kiss, the single target % heal has been reworked. It is now a single target 60s Heal over Time with a 60s Cooldown. It scales very well, but is not potent at low ranks.
- Breath of Spring, the group % heal has been reworked. It is now a Group Heal over Time & Nature Ward with a 600s Cooldown. It provides extra protection against Bleeding, Fire, Poison and Disease damage.
Doomsayers hold an excellent an unique role already and we didn't want to change that majorly. However, their scaling and ability to defensively support was lackluster. We wanted to ensure they had a role in any group composition and had the ability to defensively support should they wish to. A less effective Dispel Debuff was added and their healing resistance spell made much more usable and powerful, making them a good substitute for anti-healing role.
- Gellegur's Baleful Binding (dispel buff) is now a dispel debuff (8s Recast). The mana cost has been increased to 150 at GM.
- Blight of Throol'hroon Gen'aa's cast time has been reduced from 5s to 0.2s and the healing resistance now scales up to +50 Healing, with all effects now lasting 60s. The mana cost has been increased to 155 at GM and the cooldown adjusted to 30s.
Prelates are an interesting healer as despite their low amount of tools and build diversity, they are incredibly potent in their role as a hybrid healer. However, they fall behind most other classes due to playability issues and their defensive abilities simply being available on other classes (but better on those classes). We wanted to reinforce Prelate's raw burst healing role and burst supportive role, filling an anti-burst damage role and rewarding proper timing of clutch-defensive support powers. We also received a lot of feedback over the years that Prelates were simply boring to play and lacked unique tools, and attempted to bring that feedback into account here. As a result of the increased tools Prelates will have, their consistent healing is lowered (though still very potent) in base amounts.
- Saint Victor's Vigor now also dispels a debuff every 5s (for 40s at all ranks) in addition to the stamina heal. The cooldown has been modified to scale from 300 at PR-01 to 120 at PR-40. The cast time now scales from 6 to 2 between PR-01 and PR-40. The Mana cost has been increased to 280.
- Smite the Dead has been reworked into "Radiant Beacon". It has a 1s Cast time and applies +30% Healing Receptivity for 15s, reveals hidden enemies within 60 units of the target and blocks invisibility on the target for 15s. The cooldown is 60s and mana cost is 150.
- Aid to the Injured has had its cast time reduced to 1.5s, and a 60s Cooldown added. The spell now also applies a 200 to 1000 Stacking Health Buff to the target for 30s. The Mana cost is 150.
- Touch of Saint Wend's healing numbers have been adjusted from 20-52 to 20-42. The spell now also restores a small amount of stamina.
Priests in their current state are amazingly powerful supportive kings. They're quite possibly the most powerful class in the game in terms of playing a role in whether or not your force loses or wins. Since we are attempting to outsource some of that power to the other classes, we wanted to ensure Priests still had a very visible and powerful supportive role. Their dispel power and raw healing power is being outsourced, notably - but their Crowd Control, Mobility and Survivability is still inherently powerful. New tools focused around giving the Priest a Risk/Reward playstyle dubbed "Prayers" will allow the priest to make choices on whether they wish to risk themselves for a very potent effect; a buff, debuff or heal over time. These powers come with a very obvious animation while casting; showing your group that it's a good idea to get close, or showing the enemy they might wish to get out of the way or risk their damage. Priests will maintain the raw consistent healing kings, but they will no longer stack as equally - it might be more efficient to have a priest and 1 or 2 of the other supportive healer classes, for instance.
- Incantation of Renunciation now has a 150 mana cost up from 100.
- Prayer of Recovery's cooldown has been increased from 10s to 30s. The spell's range has been reduced from 50 units to 20 units. The mana cost has been increased from 138 to 150. The scaling for the heal has been doubled (this doesn't double the healing). The cast time has been reduced from 5s to 3.5s.
- Prayer of Protection has been reworked as Prayer of Potency. This new Prayer blesses group members within 20 units, applying a bonus 5% Damage, Power Damage, Health, Attack Rating and Defense Rating. The recast is 30s, cast time 3.5s and duration 60s.
- Empowered Healing has been reworked as Prayer of Humility. This new prayer causes a -40% damage debuff and dispels the damage buff of enemies within 20 units of the priest. The recast is 30s, cast time 3.5s and duration 30s. The mana cost is 150.