Healer Base Support In the Next Phase

Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Healer Base Support In the Next Phase

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 am

Healer
We needed to modify some healer-base cores to implement a good foundation for differentiating DPS healers and supportive healers. It'll allow some differing builds to flourish and lower the dependance on elite healer gear!
  • Restoration is now based 100% off of Spirit instead of 60 Int 40 Spirit. This will encourage pure healer builds to use spirit builds and rely less on gear, allowing them to be differentiated from dps builds.
  • Made Blessed Healing scale differently and trainable to GM instead of JM. The new PR-20 will be less powerful than the current PR-20, while the new GM will be more powerful than the current PR-20

Channeler
The new Healer/Support Channeler is very interesting. Many new tools and powerful support spells make it an incredibly diverse role. It'll shine as anti-elemental, anti-burst and auxilary support through dispels and peeling. It's downfall will be lack of powerful and sustainable healing and personal survivability. A very high skill cap support class.
  • Flesh of Granite has been redesigned. It is now Single Target, costs 75 Mana, absorbs 750 Physical damage and has a 20s Duration and 10s Cooldown.
  • Flesh of Lead has been redesigned. It is now Single Target, costs 75 Mana, absorbs 1000 Elemental damage and has a 20s Duration and 60s Cooldown.
  • Aqeuas Rejuvenation has been reworked into "Glacial Rejuvenation" a Single Target Encase spell, rooting a target for 8s and healing health, mana and stamina over 8s. The Root and Healing ends after taking 1,000 damage. The Mana cost is 150. The cooldown is 40s. The healing is based on Restoration.
  • Healer Channeler Offensive stance has been increased from 10 to 20 and Defensive Stance from 10 to 30.
  • Blizzards's Damage has been reduced by about 25%. The cast time is also reduced by 1s. The ability is now group friendly and the mana cost has been increased to 90.
  • Channeler Dispels have been merged into one dispel-elemental ability. Its mana cost has been doubled and it dispels 1 of each Element at once.
  • Aura of Flame has been reworked into "Cauterize", a Single Target Fire Damage (10% HEALTH) & Debuff Dispel with a 6s Recast and 150 mana cost.
Confessor
We hope to reinforce the supportive options of the Confessor by tweaking current spells to give them greater oomph. Many abilities will be worth training and the build diversity of a confessor will be greatly increased. The playstyle we're trying to encourage for supportive confessors is a heavy debuffing, proactive damage mitigation role. The Confessor already had great sacrifices but had limited capacity to use them due to very few personal survivability mechanisms, so we adjusted the Confessor drains to be based on Restoration rather than Thaumaturgy and amped up their transfer rates - so before you may have drained someone for 100 and been healed for 100, now if you deal 100 damage you'll be healed for 250 (or 150 if not the DoT). This allows a supportive confessor to play with the health pools on the battlefield - by draining the enemy applying light pressure and transferring that drained health to allies through Sacrifice heal over times and Sacrifice direct healing. The downside of the Confessor will be its lack of mobility, stun immunity, class-heals and lack of a dispel debuff. It will be a supremely powerful mitigation support class that will shine against melee especially. A high skill cap and greatly dangerous playstyle rewarding proactive play and taking risks is what awaits the new supportive Confessor.

• Steadfast Congregation's cooldown and duration are now 30s, and the cast time lowered from 8s to 4s. The absorption amount is 500.
  • Render Guilt, Area of Effect Strength Debuff now also dispels Strength Buffs. The mana cost has been increased to 100. The cooldown has been increased to 60s.
  • Contrition's focusline has been changed from Thaumaturgy to Restoration, its cast time has been lowered to 1.5 and the efficiency increased to 250%. The cooldown is 10s. Mana cost increased to 140.
  • Purge Wickedness' focusline has been changed from Thaumaturgy to Restoration, its cast time has been lowered to 1.5 and the efficiency increased to 150%. The cooldown is now 10s, up from 5. Mana cost increased to 120.
  • Fortress of Faith is now single target and the cooldown scales from 50 Minutes at PR-01 to 5 minutes at PR-40. The cast time scales from down to 0.2.
  • The Redeemer's Blessing Sacrifice Ratio has been increased from 120%(HOT)/160% to 250%(HOT)/250% while the base amount was reduced from 13.5 to 10.0.
  • Kiss of the Martyrs base transfer amount has been lowered from 31.5 to 26.5 and the transfer ratio increased from 240% to 250%.
  • Inspiration of the Zealots now scales up to 120% efficiency, up from 80%.
  • Inspiration of the Zealots now applies a stacking 10-50 Spirit buff to the Confessor, called Inspiration. It lasts 60s.
  • Inspire the Chosen now applies the Inspiration buff (10-50 stacking spirit) to the target for 60s.
  • Brand the Wicked and Saint Malorn's Wrath now apply the Exhausted debuff. It is -10 to -50 Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence for 10 seconds.

Crusader

Crusaders were in a great place in terms of supportive potency, but the power reduction in Shadowmantle and generally plain playstyle alongside inflexible & annoyingly restrictive tools available left many of the supportive options open to a crusader rather obsolete. We wanted to ensure they had the feeling of real power - the supportive Crusader is all about clutch timing and correct use of heavily powerful cooldown spells.
  • Blessing of The Healing Hands' range has been increased to 25 units. It now also dispels all debuffs from the target. The cast time has also been lowered to 0.2s while the mana cost is increased to 200 mana.
  • Darius' Fist has been renamed to Darius' Judgement. It is now places a Heal over Time (30s) on allies in 16 unit range and a Damage over Time (30s) on enemies in a 16 unit range (up from 10). The damage on this ability has been increased from 8-25 to 10-30 and a 2s cast time has been introduced, previously 1 second.
  • Aid to the Faithful has been repurposed as a Group Healing Receptivity Buff. It increases the healing your group receives by +30% at GM for 30s, increases health regeneration by 300% for 30s and has a 300s recast. The spell now consumes 200 to 600 Health to use.

Druid

The Druid had an incredibly effective snaring and pressure damage role in previous iterations but build diversity and real defensive supportive options were limited or non existent. We wanted to foster some increased build diversity and a sense that a Druid provides an interesting, different playstyle to other defensive support healers. We concentrated on the idea that Druids are not about anti-burst whatsoever - they're about keeping your group topped up and reducing pressure damage, with a focus on high mobility & pressure. The new supportive druid is about properly timing your new tools and staying highly mobile - with a lot less raw burst healing than other healers the druid will need to be on their toes, but is rewarded with excellent Healing Per Second if they make the correct decisions.

• Regrowth's mana cost has been increased from 59 to 85 and cast time from 2.7 to 2.5. Regrowth's initial heal has been greatly reduced, and now has a heal over time effect for 10 seconds, healing every 2s.
  • Raptor Cloak's mana cost has been increased to 250 (at GM), cast time increased to 6.5 and duration reduced to 30s. The cast time scales down to 1.5 at GM, the runbuff scales up to 40% and the spell is now single target. The recast is 120s.
  • Cloak of Thorns is now a 100% Piercing Damage Shield. It has a 1.5s cast time and short recast of 6s. 100% of damage dealt to the target will be reflected to the attacker. The mana cost is the main limiting factor and is 240.
  • Braialla's Kiss, the single target % heal has been reworked. It is now a single target 60s Heal over Time with a 60s Cooldown. It scales very well, but is not potent at low ranks.
  • Breath of Spring, the group % heal has been reworked. It is now a Group Heal over Time & Nature Ward with a 600s Cooldown. It provides extra protection against Bleeding, Fire, Poison and Disease damage.

Doomsayer

Doomsayers hold an excellent an unique role already and we didn't want to change that majorly. However, their scaling and ability to defensively support was lackluster. We wanted to ensure they had a role in any group composition and had the ability to defensively support should they wish to. A less effective Dispel Debuff was added and their healing resistance spell made much more usable and powerful, making them a good substitute for anti-healing role.
  • Gellegur's Baleful Binding (dispel buff) is now a dispel debuff (8s Recast). The mana cost has been increased to 150 at GM.
  • Blight of Throol'hroon Gen'aa's cast time has been reduced from 5s to 0.2s and the healing resistance now scales up to +50 Healing, with all effects now lasting 60s. The mana cost has been increased to 155 at GM and the cooldown adjusted to 30s.

Prelate

Prelates are an interesting healer as despite their low amount of tools and build diversity, they are incredibly potent in their role as a hybrid healer. However, they fall behind most other classes due to playability issues and their defensive abilities simply being available on other classes (but better on those classes). We wanted to reinforce Prelate's raw burst healing role and burst supportive role, filling an anti-burst damage role and rewarding proper timing of clutch-defensive support powers. We also received a lot of feedback over the years that Prelates were simply boring to play and lacked unique tools, and attempted to bring that feedback into account here. As a result of the increased tools Prelates will have, their consistent healing is lowered (though still very potent) in base amounts.
  • Saint Victor's Vigor now also dispels a debuff every 5s (for 40s at all ranks) in addition to the stamina heal. The cooldown has been modified to scale from 300 at PR-01 to 120 at PR-40. The cast time now scales from 6 to 2 between PR-01 and PR-40. The Mana cost has been increased to 280.
  • Smite the Dead has been reworked into "Radiant Beacon". It has a 1s Cast time and applies +30% Healing Receptivity for 15s, reveals hidden enemies within 60 units of the target and blocks invisibility on the target for 15s. The cooldown is 60s and mana cost is 150.
  • Aid to the Injured has had its cast time reduced to 1.5s, and a 60s Cooldown added. The spell now also applies a 200 to 1000 Stacking Health Buff to the target for 30s. The Mana cost is 150.
  • Touch of Saint Wend's healing numbers have been adjusted from 20-52 to 20-42. The spell now also restores a small amount of stamina.

Priest

Priests in their current state are amazingly powerful supportive kings. They're quite possibly the most powerful class in the game in terms of playing a role in whether or not your force loses or wins. Since we are attempting to outsource some of that power to the other classes, we wanted to ensure Priests still had a very visible and powerful supportive role. Their dispel power and raw healing power is being outsourced, notably - but their Crowd Control, Mobility and Survivability is still inherently powerful. New tools focused around giving the Priest a Risk/Reward playstyle dubbed "Prayers" will allow the priest to make choices on whether they wish to risk themselves for a very potent effect; a buff, debuff or heal over time. These powers come with a very obvious animation while casting; showing your group that it's a good idea to get close, or showing the enemy they might wish to get out of the way or risk their damage. Priests will maintain the raw consistent healing kings, but they will no longer stack as equally - it might be more efficient to have a priest and 1 or 2 of the other supportive healer classes, for instance.

• Incantation of Renunciation now has a 150 mana cost up from 100.
  • Prayer of Recovery's cooldown has been increased from 10s to 30s. The spell's range has been reduced from 50 units to 20 units. The mana cost has been increased from 138 to 150. The scaling for the heal has been doubled (this doesn't double the healing). The cast time has been reduced from 5s to 3.5s.
  • Prayer of Protection has been reworked as Prayer of Potency. This new Prayer blesses group members within 20 units, applying a bonus 5% Damage, Power Damage, Health, Attack Rating and Defense Rating. The recast is 30s, cast time 3.5s and duration 60s.
  • Empowered Healing has been reworked as Prayer of Humility. This new prayer causes a -40% damage debuff and dispels the damage buff of enemies within 20 units of the priest. The recast is 30s, cast time 3.5s and duration 30s. The mana cost is 150.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: Healer Base Support In the Next Phase

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 pm

If you want to help Doomsayers, extend the range on their drains to 120 units. That's a big reason you don't see them in large GvG engagements. They can't get close enough to an enemy stack to do anything without being insta-gibbed.

It's an arbitrary, dumb restriction.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:If you want to help Doomsayers, extend the range on their drains to 120 units. That's a big reason you don't see them in large GvG engagements. They can't get close enough to an enemy stack to do anything without being insta-gibbed.

Another good idea is simply allow them to take darksworn (which has alredy been made more useful - Thank You BTW). Giving them 1 more single cast drain (resto based) and two more debuffs only helps.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Coolwatersx wrote:If you want to help Doomsayers, extend the range on their drains to 120 units. That's a big reason you don't see them in large GvG engagements. They can't get close enough to an enemy stack to do anything without being insta-gibbed.

Another good idea is simply allow them to take darksworn (which has alredy been made more useful - Thank You BTW). Giving them 1 more single cast drain (resto based) and two more debuffs only helps.
They wouldn't ever train or use the DS drain because it is inferior to their no-recast class drain.

I like the idea, but make it a weak DoT or something.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

They wouldn't ever train or use the DS drain because it is inferior to their no-recast class drain.

The base numbers would indeed be inferior to the class drain however it provides additional build flexibility in that darksworns is Resto based while the doomy drains are corruption based.
Cryfowl
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Coolwatersx wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:

The base numbers would indeed be inferior to the class drain however it provides additional build flexibility in that darksworns is Resto based while the doomy drains are corruption based.
I was also thinking that it provides the two debuffs for when the class debuffs are on timer.
Leibruc
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:30 pm

I really dislike the priest changes. Your Basicly nerfing them and giving them "prayers". I would rather you just leave them alone as they have already taken a nerf last patch. It's fine that you want to add cool little things to spice up other support rolls but leave priest alone. Not to mention you are forcing spi builds on priest players now instead of them having the option of an int build or spi build.

The other issue I have is the "prayers" seem more like a bard abilities then priest abilities. Just like giving bard chants HoTs to hp, mana, stam. Those seem more like priest type abilities. The other questions is how many of these buffs and debuffs will stack with other new support type abilities from other classes?

Where is the offensive abilities? I thought I read you were going to give them some offensive abilities but so far all I see is buffs and debuffs.
UmbraSprite
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Leibruc wrote:Where is the offensive abilities? I thought I read you were going to give them some offensive abilities but so far all I see is buffs and debuffs.
They said offensive abilities not damage. A debuff (as opposed to remove debuff) placed on an opposing player classifies as "offensive" to me.

At least I know I am offended when I get debuffed!
Leibruc
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:10 pm

UmbraSprite wrote:
Leibruc wrote:Where is the offensive abilities? I thought I read you were going to give them some offensive abilities but so far all I see is buffs and debuffs.
They said offensive abilities not damage. A debuff (as opposed to remove debuff) placed on an opposing player classifies as "offensive" to me.

At least I know I am offended when I get debuffed!
When I think of offensive I think of damage but I just re-read the post and it does state the prayers are what they meant. I also think that just one priest in a group is not going to be enough to keep someone who is focus targeted up. Especially if you are trying to change priest from healing to doing debuffs and buffs.
longblade
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 am

+1
8Shade
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:58 am

Restoration is now based 100% off of Spirit instead of 60 Int 40 Spirit. This will encourage pure healer builds to use spirit builds and rely less on gear, allowing them to be differentiated from dps builds.
This change should encourage pure healers to be different from dps builds. It seems to me that the side effect is a big nerf to hybrid dps/healer builds who need to have high int for dmg and now even high spi for heals and high con for survivability. For example high int/high con prelate will heal for less because the lack of spirit and at the same time his heal main heal gets nerfed, so it heals even worse. If he went high spi high con, his dmg would suck.
This change seems to me supports only the pure support healer builds, but actually nerfs everyone else (and I am not sure that is intended).
Dyson
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 pm

8Shade wrote:
Restoration is now based 100% off of Spirit instead of 60 Int 40 Spirit. This will encourage pure healer builds to use spirit builds and rely less on gear, allowing them to be differentiated from dps builds.
This change should encourage pure healers to be different from dps builds. It seems to me that the side effect is a big nerf to hybrid dps/healer builds who need to have high int for dmg and now even high spi for heals and high con for survivability. For example high int/high con prelate will heal for less because the lack of spirit and at the same time his heal main heal gets nerfed, so it heals even worse. If he went high spi high con, his dmg would suck.
This change seems to me supports only the pure support healer builds, but actually nerfs everyone else (and I am not sure that is intended).
I feel like people might be misinterpreting this. Int will still be your primary stat in terms of raising your healing maximums. All that changes is that points into Int will no longer give a % gain into the Restoration focus line, while points into Spi will give a larger focus % gain into Restoration than before. It's a very small nerf to Int heavy healing and a very small boon to Spi heavy healing.
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:31 pm

8Shade wrote:
The figure I've been repeatedly given is 5%-15% difference in heals for any given healer DPS class. The heals themselves don't scale off of spi, they still scale off of Int. Only resto scales off of it, like Dyson said. What choosing to not spirit will NOT allow you to do is take advantage of some of these new utility spells since they're fairly mana intensive (especially if it's a debuff strip). Healer DPS builds should remain relatively the same just to use their wider arsenal it'd be wise to sink some points into spi.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 am

i left an appropriet comment in this thread. No idea why yall needed to delete. It was a comment on spirit based heals.
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 am

That was a previous thread that was removed when we updated the original post to include all the healer classes. Aplogies for that.
Supamand
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 am

So when will these changes be implemented?

Return to “Development Diary”