Bots will be dealt one swift, decisive blow in the next balance patch. Ever dream of a Shadowbane that has no encouragement whatsoever for using bots? That's the Shadowbane we're going to try to give you in the next balance patch. Everything from Void, Resistance Buffs, Damage Absorbers, Procs, Bashers, Siege Disciplines.. etc. All of these powers and mechanics will fall back into the hands of active players and reward active play. No more will you have your group hard countered just because they logged on a Necro bot before they engaged. No more will you feel the need to box Siege characters at banes, or many dozens of bashers. Let's get stuck into the details!
- All Single Target Resistance Buffs are now 2s cast-time down from 3 or 4. They are now 60s duration down from 900 and have their own unique stack category.
- All Group Resistance Buffs are 1s cast down from 3, 4 or 5. They are now 300s duration down from 900+ and have their own unique stack category.
- This means that Single Target Resist Buffs may stack with Group Resist Buffs. These Group Resist Buffs & Single Target Resist Buffs will stack with Bard Resistance Chants. No more redundancy.
- Single Target Resistance Buffs cap at GM and +50 resist. (Combat Oriented, High Impact, Low Duration, High Skill Cap)
- Group Resistance Buffs cap at 1 Point and +25 resist. (Pre-Combat Preparation, Lower Impact, Higher Duration, Low-Mid Skill Cap)
So now, your bard can continue to be useful even if you bring another resistance oriented character. Druids, Channelers, Resistance-Disciplines and other resistance-based supporters will see more play because their tools are no longer redundant. It might be useful to have a more flexible support base, and now the durations and skill points sinks are so low on resistance buffs that bots are not feasible nor required. Rewarding those with quick reaction times, good knowledge of the battlefield and your enemies these new powers will empower you to skillfully cut your opponents' damage by up to half! The shorter cast times allow switching on the fly or catching burst spells to be a viable strategy. A whole new sub group of resist strategy is encouraged rather than the bot-based approach!
- Procs will no longer have a cooldown.
- Trading a Procced Weapon will disable any procs on the weapon.
This is a great middle ground that disables the use of botting the powers, but still encourages thievery! It removes the hassle with monitoring your proc's cooldown and allows dual weilders to get set up much easier.
- Group Void will now only require 1 point for its full effectiveness.
- Wards, Void & Group Void duration will be reduced to 300s, greatly reducing the feasibility for the powers to be botted.
- Cast Times lowered to 1s make set up hassle-free.
Again these powers will become less bot friendly and more available for your combat characters. They'll become more usable, attainable and discourage the need to dual box.
- Every Siege Discipline will have a unique and useful combat-based power so you do not feel like they are a waste of a slot.
- All Sieging Powers will cap at 1 Train but retain their old 20 point effectiveness at this new 1 point maximum. This means investing in these powers no longer detracts from your character!
- Sanctifier Heal & Battle Magus Burn are now % Based. They no longer scale off of int, power damage, spirit, sorcery nor restoration. Just % based, so you no longer need a character specifically designed to burn or heal!
Siege Bots will be slewn in one swift strike. No more will those disciplines be bot disciplines, no more will you need to prepare "siege bots" and no more will you need to gear out specific high int/spi burners and healers. Sieging Power is back in the hands of active players.
- Water Buckets will now be a % Based HoT, reducing the need for multiple botters and completely eliminating any macro program use of the mechanic. They'll no longer scale on int, spirit or power damage so anyone could use them.
- We will put a cap on the number of players that can bash a single building at once. This will reduce the need for many bots and help us stabilise & maintain a targetted length for Banes.
- Total Number of Bulwarks Available reduced, but the damage of each individual Trebuchet will be increased to compensate. This will mean you no longer need to bot treb claimers since the cap will be lower, your active force will be able to maintain control of most (or all) trebuchet on the field.
This will reduce the power that "Zerg" nations hold in raw BASH-DMG per second and raw building HEAL per second. It also completely reduces the effectiveness of running tons of bots by making one player take over the role that dozens of bots could have previously filled, and bashers will be limited to a small amount to reduce the need to box many bashers alongside reducing how fast a "Zerg" nation can end a bane.
This part of the patch is all about our enhanced Quality of Life on the project. We want to make sure that playing the game is fun, enjoyable and all about the combat. Not monotonous, bot-ridden or annoying to interact with. This will be one of those things that will take a lot of fine tuning, but we're here and ready to work alongside you. We've heard everyone's pleas for reduced needs for bots, and we're now acting on that. You'll get a unique playing experience here as we further put more valuable on the player, and individual player skill rather than how many bots, buffs and macros you can set up. We're increasing the skill ceiling and letting each player get more bang for their buck out of playing one player; the need to bot simply won't be there as much at all!
I hope you enjoyed reading about these efforts and if you have any feedback, let us know. These are still in development and we'd love to fine tune them based on your feedback just as we have done ( and continue to do so) based on Community Roundtable Feedback.
Thanks for reading!