Teddie
Snobo
Snobo

Re: [Patch Notes] Reforged in Flame Patch 1.5 Beta Testing N

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Wrought wrote:
GIhunter6 wrote:
Wrought wrote:
So what you're saying is... Most players won't bother with BH detect hidden, as they got along perfectly fine without it to begin with, thus making a Discipline with potentially two viable powers (should you want to dump the 20pts into it) down to only one?

And... A depth of customization has been vanquished by increasingly high mana usage to return ratio (like it wasn't hard enough already) amongst "hybrid type" professions (such as the Templar and Nightstalker), thus forcing players into more streamlined rolls of melee or caster?
I'm not saying they won't bother with it. If anything, more people now than ever will invest trains into it where they used to not even bother. However, it's got very high mana cost, a really short duration, and a fairly long cooldown to boot. It won't be a power people will use lightly. And if they use it at the wrong time(such as right as the Rogue enters Stalk), they'll be unable to do anything with it. Any class that relies on their mana for active combat will have to sit and regen their mana if they miss their window of opportunity to pop the rogue, or run the risk of running out of mana during the fight. This will leave them exposed and lead to an easy kill for said rogue.
Sitting down for mana is kinda redundant now that something with very little mana to begin with will be crippled within the first 10 seconds and from 15 units away. Ranged backstab anyone(wtf)?

There were very few professions that could continue toe to toe with a rogue whos had the jump on them. Such professions like the Templar was one of them. It's really what made them worth playing in roguebane. They were rogue proof.
agreed

I also have a question for the devs....... Why not just put group run buffs back into the game to give smaller groups a chance to win against larger groups.
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Wrought wrote: So what you're saying is... Most players won't bother with BH detect hidden, as they got along perfectly fine without it to begin with, thus making a Discipline with potentially two viable powers (should you want to dump the 20pts into it) down to only one?
Trip was never worth training.
Wrought
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Colest wrote:
Wrought wrote: So what you're saying is... Most players won't bother with BH detect hidden, as they got along perfectly fine without it to begin with, thus making a Discipline with potentially two viable powers (should you want to dump the 20pts into it) down to only one?
I was talking about Detect Hidden and Track. Two viable powers... Reduced to just track. C'mon man.
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 am

Wrought wrote:
Colest wrote:
I was talking about Detect Hidden and Track. Two viable powers... Reduced to just track. C'mon man.
My point was DH is intended to be a niche use spell not overly viable on everyone who can take it and Trip has been pointless always yet your issue is with DH?
Devious
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Starfish wrote:I think when you all try out Stalk, you'll agree rogues are still pretty powerful. Bounty Hunter detect hidden was nerfed pretty heavily, and cannot see you while you're in Stalk or Camouflage. If rogues need some loving we will absolutely examine that and rethink some changes or tweak it. For example, reducing the cooldown & stamina cost of stalk. The really nice thing about stalk is the runbuff and ability to see other rogues - this is kind of a buff to rogues in solo play as you no longer need a scout to be able to see other rogues. So if you go out to a disc on your nightstalker, and there's a thief on track or a scout, or a huntress.. you can see them! That's exactly what this change was meant to do. Before there was always a stalemate in rogue vs rogue unless one side had a scout, we wanted to remove that to make solo/smallscale combat more about actually fighting, and less about who brings a scout.
Then you should remove the scout class because half the server can now scout without rolling one.
buckly4u
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Devious wrote:Then you should remove the scout class because half the server can now scout without rolling one.
i think you have no idea what you're talking about.
Tesla080
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:50 am

This changes in game is a try out.
Thats why we get 2 or 3 weeks test server previeuw.
So if the rogue changes boring or useless they can remove it.
They realy don't know everything is a good change.

I like a few changes in patch note 1.5 test server. and dislike a few.
But i don't think about it. I just wanna see it in the test periode.
Thats the best way to figure it out.
Auld
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Any word on timing of test? Was hoping this weekend......
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Devious wrote:
Starfish wrote:I think when you all try out Stalk, you'll agree rogues are still pretty powerful. Bounty Hunter detect hidden was nerfed pretty heavily, and cannot see you while you're in Stalk or Camouflage. If rogues need some loving we will absolutely examine that and rethink some changes or tweak it. For example, reducing the cooldown & stamina cost of stalk. The really nice thing about stalk is the runbuff and ability to see other rogues - this is kind of a buff to rogues in solo play as you no longer need a scout to be able to see other rogues. So if you go out to a disc on your nightstalker, and there's a thief on track or a scout, or a huntress.. you can see them! That's exactly what this change was meant to do. Before there was always a stalemate in rogue vs rogue unless one side had a scout, we wanted to remove that to make solo/smallscale combat more about actually fighting, and less about who brings a scout.
Then you should remove the scout class because half the server can now scout without rolling one.
Melodramatic much? Test the changes out before you make wild claims. Having personally tested this Skah! extensively, scouts are better off in RiF 1.5 than before. They're better at scouting now and BH detect is prohibitively expensive (for exactly this reason).
Azreal
Snobo
Snobo

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:44 am

Anyone know if its happening this weekend?
sb945
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am

Azreal wrote:Anyone know if its happening this weekend?
the same question,,

Return to “Development Diary”