As you may have heard, the Development Team has been hard at work hammering out lag and disconnect issues that have plagued our project. We feel that now is the time to announce our Reforged in Flame update and officially progress to Open Beta in the near future!
This update is called: "Reforged in Flame". We've rebranded, melted and forged many pieces of the game to our high standards - that includes massive Network, Database and Content rewrites that massively improve performance and stability. We're still working on those facets of the project, and on issues identified since our major Network Patch, which will be an ongoing process.
The coming update focuses on maximising server performance, improving our content and fixing key issues that the community has long resigned themselves to accept. As we enter Open Beta our live server will receive a wipe. The wipe and new server open date will be announced in the very near future. Gather your allies and make ready. It's time to Play to Crush!
Over the past 3 months the Development, Test and Design teams have redoubled their efforts and put in a ridiculous amount of time in preparation for this update. Mechanics were reworked and entire blocks of code were rewritten with the sole intent of improving stability and performance. This wasn't a just a spring cleaning, it was a complete remodel.
The following bug fixes have been recently implemented, and you can expect to see them shortly:
- Huge rewrite of the entire Network Layer. Less lag, less disconnects!
- Rewrite of the Database Layer. Better performance!
- Some sync issues have been fixed!
- Pellegorn now ticks every 5 seconds, it was bugged to 10
- Wereforms cast time now reflects their casting animation (4s rather than 6s)
- Armor Penetration now functions correctly and has been slightly increased to reduce anomalies with the mechanic.
- of Marksmanship (+Range) suffixes now function correctly
- Passive Defense bonuses have been fixed. Previously they did nothing.
- An issue with NPCs not being removed after buildings being destroyed has been fixed
- A zone related disconnect has been fixed
- Treb Ownership Extends Too Far has been fixed
- Protection slots of buildings destroyed by owner cannot be reused on different buildings has been fixed
- Nation Chat before Sub city swear in has been fixed
- Water Bucket Heals Players has been fixed
- Flyers can be hit by melee attacks during ascent should be fixed
- Effects Not Appearing Synced should be fixed
- Reserve Gold in Buildings maximum has been fixed
- Maximum gold in Warehouse has been increased
- Issues related to mines not opening during server resets have been fixed
- Treb ownership bugs have been fixed
- Trebs spawning ontop of one another has been fixed
- Treb range bug has been fixed
- Unusable Rod of Command and Command Siege Engine has been fixed
- Thrall Sacrifice dealing damage once for every player affected has been fixed
- Number of Protection Slots for trees has been fixed
- NPC Displacement in buildings has been fixed
- Fixed some Rolling Time bugs.
- Some spell cast time issues have been addressed
- Mana Regeneration sync has been improved
- Templar mana regeneration sync has been fixed
- Vault item issues have been addressed
- Vault gold issues have been addressed
- Mine-time issues have been addressed
- Bane time issues have been addressed
- Irekei Citadel At Guards Causes Game To Crash
- IC Managing Forges Despite Not Being Friended
- Flyers can be hit by melee attacks during ascent
- Reserve Gold in Buildings
- Building Management - Reserve
- Max Mana - client / server not sync'ed
- Nation Chat before Sub city swear in
- Protection slots of buildings destroyed by owner cannot be reused on different buildings
- Treb Ownership Extends Too Far
- Mines Don't Produce During Hour of Server Reset
- Water Bucket Heals Players
- Runemaster Protection Slots
- Visual of Cash in Vault
- Double Mine Time
- Deleting Buildings of War during an active bane
- Unable To Friend/Condemn To Buildings of War
- Casting spells But Not Damaging
- Effects Not Appearing Synced
- Placing Multiple Banes with the Same Guild/Character
Shadowbane is about besting your foes and making them sweat. There's no game that does it better. We've spent many hours in deliberation of the community's feedback and have implemented some great ideas which make that type of gameplay more rewarding! Now you can play the content you want to play, progress and feel rewarded doing it. To accomplish this, we have implemented the Glory system and updated the PvP Mechanics to better reward you for being a successful player or nation.
The upcoming changes were put in place to shift some of the experience burden from PvE and reward success in PvP. See below:
- Experience granted from players has been increased greatly. You're now rewarded more if you can kill a higher level player!
- Each player's first PvP Kill of the day will now grant vastly more PvP XP than a normal kill
- PVP XP can now be earned at any level from level 20 onwards.
- PvE XP has been reduced for higher level characters.
- Implemented the Glory System.
- This system rewards players with experience for impressive feats in combat. These include: being the first to kill someone, killing swathes of enemies without death, or killing particularly challenging players.
- Sucessfully defending a mine now grants experience to all members of the defending nation within the area around the mine. (There is a cap on the number of players rewarded)
- Sucessfully taking a mine now grants experience to all members of the claiming nation within the area around the mine. (There is a cap on the number of players rewarded)
- Sucessfully defending your city will now grant Experience to characters from the defending nation on the city grid as the bane falls.
- Sucessfully capturing a city will grant Experience to characters from the attacking nation on the city grid as the tree falls.
In addition to the above work on stability and new updates, the team has been furthering the work on core 24.3 features missing from the game. We're delighted to inform you that the following features are nearing ready for public testing and will be ready post wipe (which means R3 Trainers in Safeholds):
- Open Trees are now fully functional. Build your own Trainer City or Merchant Town!
- The Shrine system is now functional. You may find offerings fighting general monsters or fighting lore-specific monsters. Uniquely named monsters/enemies will also have a high chance of dropping an offering.
- Training Costs are now functional.
- The Friend/KoS list has continued support.
- Maintenance costs are now functioning.
- Basic Guards System has been implemented. Patrol logic has not been implemented yet. Guard Contracts can not be redeeded, only dismissed. Contracts expire after 10 days.
- Guards can not be bought from vendors, but drop in the world.
- Guards do not cost maintenance, and they cannot be ranked - they automatically use the rank of the Barracks they are in. Guards take 5,000 gold from the Warehouse each time they die, and the 5,000 gold appears on their corpse which is lootable.
- Guard Dogs have been re-added and may be placed in Huts. They are a rare drop and there is a cap of 4 per city.
- NPC Contracts now lose only 1 Rank instead of all of them after redeeding.
- Massive animation overhauls - appropriate weapons now have their appropriate animations. Further, some un-used animations have been added to various weapons. Everything should look more awesome!
The final part of this update is going to appeal to a select part of our community. If you've played Vindication or Saedron, you're in for a treat. Lore is here, and it's on ARAC. Looking for an extra challenge? Maybe you're crazy about a certain faction. In any case, we've got you covered. Loreplay is here, and it's here to stay. See below.
- Upon character creation you will see two servers: Vorringia LORE and Vorringia.
- Choosing the LORE server will NOT put your character onto a different server. It will flag your character permanently as a LORE character, and force the LORE rules on you (Vindication/Saedron)
- You will then only be able to join or create Lore guilds. Only Lore characters can join Lore guilds.
- If you belong to a Lore Guild that owns a city, you will receive a bonus to their "boon" effects from Shrines. This bonus is very small, and will not make up for the downsides of Lore, nor will it change the outcome of an engagement.
- You can never turn an ARAC character into a LORE character or vice versa.
- The Charters used for this system will be posted in THIS THREAD (Click Here) in the coming days. Feel free to discuss before then!
We also have a few final touches, suggested from the Advocates and the Community, to help with how mines are currently played. With these Mine changes, we're addressing the issue with no one coming in the first part of the window, the issue with guilds setting times for the same to reduce competition, and the issue with people only coming in the last 10 minutes. We've listened to your suggestions, and now it's time to try them out. See below.
In closing, the launch of our new server in the coming while is going to be an event not to miss. Keep your eyes out for the exact date and time! Hundreds of hours have gone into making this the one, true re-launch of Shadowbane to the public. Get your allies ready, find old friends and start planning on how to crush your foes. Shadowbane is coming.Mines
- You may now only set the window of opportunity for claimed mines that reside in territory in which you own a city (henceforth called a "home territory"). Mines not in a home territory will default to the zone's window. Maelstrom and Oblivion mines are not affected by this, and will continue to work as they have in the past.
- After a Mine's Guard Tower has been bashed down, claiming a mine now causes a guard tower to spawn. This tower starts with low health, but increases slowly during mine's window of opportunity. Therefore, players who arrive earliest will have the largest advantage. Water buckets can not heal mines now, however.
Please note the entirety of the Reforged in Flame update will be available on our public server before the wipe, should you wish to test, give feedback and help us progress the update. We'll let you know when it's on production! The patch is still being tested by our team, and things could be removed, added or scaled down before release.