A Guard's Tale -- By J. K. Phylor

xPhear
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

A Guard's Tale -- By J. K. Phylor

Thu May 22, 2014 11:25 pm

So, this happened earrlyyy this morning or yesterday can't remember but it was so weird/funny/genius at the end I thought someone may get a laugh out of it so posting. Here it is.

bout 8 of us at guards. like 2-3 of us active. Couple of us w other mac-atcking pl'ers in and the rest afk. Me, realizing w so few active I'm constantly checking track.

after a long while, long enough for equipment to start losing durability points.. clear, clear, clear -- boom 3 random red tags I had never seen before pop up. One of them, Phylor, in game as "xPhylor" or something.

So, I see this, immediately run in the back of the walls and log and relog my new channeler because tether is bugged. Come back, still every single thing is bugged. log out once more trying to get out in time they were still a ways away.

All of a sudden I'm fiddling on my other box didn't notice that our group leader.. (will leave some names out to save on humiliation -- not that is matters as this is humiliating enough but I don't rly care as I do stupid sht in game all the time and can take a death without rage quitting or making an excuse).. our leader invites "xPhylor" to our group (giving him a B line to our people) thinking its an alt of mine having somewhat similar sounding names, by time I log my toons out I come back and they're already here wiping the floor with our pathetic, poor ol', still casting on guards mac-pl'ing druids, etc.

after deaths back in town I hear in nation, "Phear is now KoS!!\n Phear is now KoS!!\n Phear is now KoS!!" IZombieI thinks I just wiped our entire guard group leading a small 3-4 man party of different tagged nation toons and just killed myself mind you along with my fellow unfortunate guildie and.. nation m8's

arguing ensues and finally convince avid believers that I am now killing my own nation m8's on a suspiciously names alt. Tyrion Lannister comes to mind being accused killing the king, "srsly? even if I were to kill you jackhats why wold I make my name anything similar to my own"

So, just by affiliation, Phylor you sexy genius of a man you, you had effectively rolled our entire group gathering probably a mil or so in gold. Got me accused of killing my entire group - all nation mates. Got me put on KoS by said nation for a few minutes. and broke by cc gloves because my channeler was constantly casting on guards for hours and hours and tried to recall but was bugged.. highfive bud!

*Salute* my friend and well played. iZombie I want my cc gloves tomorrow damnit!

lol wow idk.. not that funny now that I read it again. Just felt like writing out a story before sleepy time. I guess you had to be there especially for the banter afterwards and sheer chaos. this is probably going to get me in trouble but felt like sharing. The things that happen in this game based on sheer stupidity amazes me on a daily basis heh. whatever I thought that was hilarious.

More people should post embarrassing, witty & clever tricks, and pranks!

tl;dr Moral to the story. Similar names do not mean they are definitely some and you should not invite them to group..
nibz
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Re: A Guard's Tale -- By J. K. Phylor

Fri May 23, 2014 2:59 am

so you didnt fall asleep?
Hawk
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Fri May 23, 2014 3:53 am

nibz wrote:so you didnt fall asleep?
^
xPhear
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 am

haha omg look whos back!! come cuddle w me in game nibz

BOTH of you [fluffy bunnies]. no, I did not fall asleep. I was the sharp one that day sadly..
xPhear
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Fri May 23, 2014 4:57 am

p.s. contribute or gtfo!
Thor
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 6:30 am

Phylor is NL of CR and was probably extremely drunk when all that happened...
Mac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Fri May 23, 2014 6:31 am

Why the hell do you keep mentioning my name? :lol:
My sig gallery / Working Mac client, tested on Mac OSX 10.6: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89741132/Shadowbane.zip
PSD file of guild symbols for crests: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 ... sFINAL.psd
xPhear
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Fri May 23, 2014 9:44 am

Mac wrote:Why the hell do you keep mentioning my name? :lol:
hahaha cause u so sexy can't get you out of my mind. you ruined me :?
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 am

+1 to this post
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

i have a funny story. I was in C&L still and we were attacking WM nation city with a fg. We went and wiped them with an even 10v10fight. Then methis had us hide in a hut for some reason...i was all thats silly, they had a good few aoes and we had lots of single target caster that couldnt shoot out of the hut. So after i noted that he was like...true ok we will teleport out. But that teleport sent both my priest and my scout to undead isle and i had to relog to fix it. I told them this too. So they teleported again and left my scout inside the city alone and my priest as well. I came back in and got my priest to the wall for them to teleport and started makeing my way to them on my scout. I said fg on track when my scout logged back in too, and said lets go kill them. Instead he wanted to go to a city where there was no one, and no even fight, and then he had people start running away from the enemy. They came up on our coat tails killed a bunch of people and methis started freaking out about me not saying there was track and i was a terrible scout. Other dudes were all...he said there was a fg on track bro. And i was all yup...maybe you should listen to me instead of running and getting us killed when we clearly wiped them face to face. Both my toons lived. who runs from an even fight to go camp an empty city?
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:23 am

tooshifty wrote:i have a funny story. I was in C&L still and we were attacking WM nation city with a fg. We went and wiped them with an even 10v10fight. Then methis had us hide in a hut for some reason...i was all thats silly, they had a good few aoes and we had lots of single target caster that couldnt shoot out of the hut. So after i noted that he was like...true ok we will teleport out. But that teleport sent both my priest and my scout to undead isle and i had to relog to fix it. I told them this too. So they teleported again and left my scout inside the city alone and my priest as well. I came back in and got my priest to the wall for them to teleport and started makeing my way to them on my scout. I said fg on track when my scout logged back in too, and said lets go kill them. Instead he wanted to go to a city where there was no one, and no even fight, and then he had people start running away from the enemy. They came up on our coat tails killed a bunch of people and methis started freaking out about me not saying there was track and i was a terrible scout. Other dudes were all...he said there was a fg on track bro. And i was all yup...maybe you should listen to me instead of running and getting us killed when we clearly wiped them face to face. Both my toons lived. who runs from an even fight to go camp an empty city?

WALL OF TEXT

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM
Thor
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 am

Hidetade wrote:
tooshifty wrote:i have a funny story. I was in C&L still and we were attacking WM nation city with a fg. We went and wiped them with an even 10v10fight. Then methis had us hide in a hut for some reason...i was all thats silly, they had a good few aoes and we had lots of single target caster that couldnt shoot out of the hut. So after i noted that he was like...true ok we will teleport out. But that teleport sent both my priest and my scout to undead isle and i had to relog to fix it. I told them this too. So they teleported again and left my scout inside the city alone and my priest as well. I came back in and got my priest to the wall for them to teleport and started makeing my way to them on my scout. I said fg on track when my scout logged back in too, and said lets go kill them. Instead he wanted to go to a city where there was no one, and no even fight, and then he had people start running away from the enemy. They came up on our coat tails killed a bunch of people and methis started freaking out about me not saying there was track and i was a terrible scout. Other dudes were all...he said there was a fg on track bro. And i was all yup...maybe you should listen to me instead of running and getting us killed when we clearly wiped them face to face. Both my toons lived. who runs from an even fight to go camp an empty city?

WALL OF TEXT
I'm so bored with SB right now that I actually read that wall of text...fml
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 am

I don't read things that lack syntax :lol:

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:31 am

Thor wrote:
Hidetade wrote:

WALL OF TEXT
I'm so bored with SB right now that I actually read that wall of text...fml
ya i usually dont read massive posts like that either.

I'm surprised i read phylor's
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 11:32 am

Phear's post actually had flow, so I read it. Yours looked like a dictionary had been eaten by a Doberman and then vomited back out :lol:

tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Hidetade wrote:Phear's post actually had flow, so I read it. Yours looked like a dictionary had been eaten by a Doberman and then vomited back out :lol:
man how could people ever hate you man? you seem to always say such pleasant and polite things. you never act like your better than everyone ever!

[fluffy bunnies]. syntax is a waste of forum time. didnt know i was writing an essay.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 12:57 pm

If you want people to read what you post, don't post regurgitated dictionaries.

Rixie's posting style is very similar to mine and he's your NL so why are you crying?

Also, if you came into my ventrilo for all of 15 minutes you would realize that I just like to have fun and none of this is serious to me so you shouldn't be serious either ;)

CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 pm

I recommend Proper Grammar and the Art of Posting Walls of Text by R.L. ManAgainstTime before any more stories are posted.

Going After Your Sons-Winners of pre-December 2012 Closed Beta Dalgoth
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 1:00 pm

CheckYoTrack wrote:I recommend Proper Grammar and the Art of Posting Walls of Text by R.L. ManAgainstTime before any more stories are posted.
HES ALIVE!

When you coming to get that hard-drive?

CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri May 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Maybe in a couple weeks. Im pretty busy.

Phylor
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Going to be 100% honest and say that it wasn't me, unless I really don't remember what I was doing last night. I mean I was really drunk early in the afternoon yesterday but I don't think I was that bad.

It is actually fairly rare that I use my name on my characters. I do have an xPhylorx on this server but it is my mino shield warrior that would be odd to be running around on.

So someone is running around with a really similar name to mine or something. I tend to be roaming on SNICKERDOODLES these days.
zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Fri May 23, 2014 2:35 pm

The plot thickens! Perhaps it really was xPhear who rolled his own group...
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.
CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Fri May 23, 2014 2:41 pm

XPhear the Jester

nibz
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Fri May 23, 2014 3:38 pm

xphear couldnt roll a rolling pin
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 3:40 pm

nibz wrote:xphear couldnt roll a rolling pin
:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thor
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 pm

nibz wrote:xphear couldnt roll a rolling pin
I need some depends after that one...
ConspiracyTheorist
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri May 23, 2014 6:18 pm

If he rolled a group of AFK nationmates, I will give him a promotion. Just sayin'.
Grapes
SBE Team
SBE Team

Fri May 23, 2014 8:27 pm

ConspiracyTheorist wrote:If he rolled a group of AFK nationmates, I will give him a promotion. Just sayin'.

well deserved imo
give a man a beer and he'll entertain you.
hold a mans beer and he'll entertain the world.
How to Join SBEmu | Report a Bug | Wiki | Facebook
ParisHilton
Snobo
Snobo

Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm confused, you're multiguilding and you went to kill your other guild's group with your alt and you want them to buy you a new set of gloves? Okay.
CheckYoTrack
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Sat May 24, 2014 1:15 am

ParisHilton wrote:I'm confused, you're multiguilding and you went to kill your other guild's group with your alt and you want them to buy you a new set of gloves? Okay.
Sounds like the correct way to play Shadowbane.

Return to “Political Archive”