View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Server Up 9 PM EST: Patcher, Launcher News 
Design Team Lead

Post Server Up 9 PM EST: Patcher, Launcher News
Hey folks,

The server should be coming up around 9 PM EST today. In addition, we've decided to slightly delay the rollout of our launcher due to feedback related to multiboxing (rather than starting with strict singleboxing and transitioning, we'll be allowing multiboxing later on this test server run but only with one effective character. For now boxing is unrestricted in any way until the launcher comes out). This means that you'll need to download a patcher to get your client up to date. Apologies for the delay in communication.

Quote:
Installer Download: Click Here

Second Mirror is here for players that cannot access DropBox: Click Here

To patch, place the above EXE in your Shadowbane directory (where sb.exe exists) and run it.

Client Download: Click Here

The above is a fresh, full client.

Zip Download (Manual Patch / Mac Users): Click Here

The above is used to manually patch. To do so, place the zip in your Shadowbane directory (where sb.exe exists) and use the "extract here" function.

Hope to see you tonight on our Dalgoth Test Server! The mapset will be the exact same as our previous Dalgoth RiF 1.6 mapset. The lack of a launcher means that until we do put up the launcher, you can multibox just as in every other phase. When the launcher releases this will however change to being able to multibox but being restricted in that all characters after the first will only be able to trade, be PLed or work in city management.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm
Roundtable Member

Post Re: Server Up 9 PM EST: Patcher, Launcher News
If I were of the same sexual preference as you skitzer, I would kiss you.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Hurray for box to win-bane!

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Oh Joy. I can not wait to be forced to 6 box just to keep up!

Terribad.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:52 pm

The way you worded your post says that each person can log in multiple toons but only have one effective character tonight. Is that true, or is unrestricted multi-boxing available until the launcher is rolled out? If that latter is true, change the wording of your post. If not, then I look forward to testing the single effective character.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Keebs wrote:

Terribad.

Re-read only 1 toon will be worth a Skah!. I.E. the others are just dead weight in a fight, no damage out put ability

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:08 pm
Design Team Lead

Hopefully, the Launcher rollout will not be too long. We'll just be adding some additional functionality and polishing it up a bit. From what I understood in our team meeting it shouldn't be too long, but it depends on RichV as he's doing a pass over it I believe.

To clarify the above: there will be un-restricted multiboxing until the launcher is rolled out. Just like any other launch. However, the bane bonus will be implemented and should deter large scale botting.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:12 pm

So the 2nd link is all that's needed to play here atm?

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Tahllol wrote:
Keebs wrote:

Terribad.

Re-read only 1 toon will be worth a Skah!. I.E. the others are just dead weight in a fight, no damage out put ability

The original wording was poor. Its a free for all, per usual. The excellent work done to limit boxing for this phase is being completely and foolishly ignored.

The complainers whining about not being able to level, despite 5x XP, win again.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:15 pm

They are not holding launcher back because people complained lol read the posts its not ready yet so they are doing the right thing and letting us play instead of waiting for launcher to be ready .
stop complaing its better than no reset

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Tahllol wrote:
Keebs wrote:

Terribad.

shut up. You're wrong.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:35 pm
Roundtable Member

Keebs wrote:
Tahllol wrote:
Keebs wrote:

Terribad.

shut up. You're wrong.

By Starfish's wording: In addition, we've decided to slightly delay the rollout of our launcher due to feedback related to multiboxing (rather than starting with strict singleboxing and transitioning, we'll be allowing multiboxing on this test server run but only with one effective character)

Makes me think that we are allowed to box all we want but only one will function at normal capacity...which would mean that you are the person that is wrong here.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm
Design Team Lead

I have clarified the OP guys.

Multboxing will be permitted now. It will function as it always has in previous launches.

When the launcher hits, we will transition to a 1-active-character system. You will still be able to multibox, but everything beyond your first character will be restricted to trading, being PLed or working in city management.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Is the above launcher/download to a test server or the live server?

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:15 pm

How you are still a round table member is astonishing to me.

Thanks for the clarification Starfish. Again. - still not sure why you wouldn't use the patcher. This is a "test" phase and you should probably "test" the patcher on a larger scale.

Hidetade wrote:
Keebs wrote:
Tahllol wrote:

shut up. You're wrong.

By Starfish's wording: In addition, we've decided to slightly delay the rollout of our launcher due to feedback related to multiboxing (rather than starting with strict singleboxing and transitioning, we'll be allowing multiboxing on this test server run but only with one effective character)

Makes me think that we are allowed to box all we want but only one will function at normal capacity...which would mean that you are the person that is wrong here.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:18 pm
Roundtable Member

Skah! plan I was looking forward to single boxing

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Keebs wrote:
How you are still a round table member is astonishing to me.

Thanks for the clarification Starfish. Again. - still not sure why you wouldn't use the patcher. This is a "test" phase and you should probably "test" the patcher on a larger scale.

How did you survive birth none of us will ever know, since we actually read what people post and you obviously had not read anything and were typing out your arse. As prior to Starfishs clarification it was announced it would be included this round with the limitations.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Went back to sb-ls.shadowbaneemulator.com in the ArchaneIp.cfg and can now login and get to title screen. I created a new character and it seems all good but it shows DalgothBeta as down. Thoughts? Haha, never mind, 9pm edt... in the future.... :) right, got it.

Last edited by sgtjohnstonbigs on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:39 pm
Roundtable Member

sgtjohnstonbigs wrote:
Went back to sb-ls.shadowbaneemulator.com in the ArchaneIp.cfg and can now login and get to title screen. I created a new character and it seems all good but it shows DalgothBeta as down. Thoughts?

its not up yet.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Starfish wrote:
Hey folks,

The server should be coming up around 9 PM EST today. In addition, we've decided to slightly delay the rollout of our launcher due to feedback related to multiboxing (rather than starting with strict singleboxing and transitioning, we'll be allowing multiboxing later on this test server run but only with one effective character. For now boxing is unrestricted in any way until the launcher comes out). This means that you'll need to download a patcher to get your client up to date. Apologies for the delay in communication.

Quote:
Installer Download: Click Here

Second Mirror is here for players that cannot access DropBox: Click Here

To patch, place the above EXE in your Shadowbane directory (where sb.exe exists) and run it.

Client Download: Click Here

The above is a fresh, full client.

Zip Download (Manual Patch / Mac Users): Click Here

The above is used to manually patch. To do so, place the zip in your Shadowbane directory (where sb.exe exists) and use the "extract here" function.

Hope to see you tonight on our Dalgoth Test Server! The mapset will be the exact same as our previous Dalgoth RiF 1.6 mapset. The lack of a launcher means that until we do put up the launcher, you can multibox just as in every other phase. When the launcher releases this will however change to being able to multibox but being restricted in that all characters after the first will only be able to trade, be PLed or work in city management.

It doesn't matter, but to be extremely clear, there are players (me, for example) who were coming back to play this game only because of the promise of single boxing.

Based only on this post I will not be coming back. Maybe I'm the only one, who knows? It's the biggest reason I packed up and left.

But I will not play this game again without a hard counter to multi-boxing. Period. Ever.

Adios. I'm off to get high or something more productive than play another server where any [fluffy bunnies] can log in 20 characters.

p.s. to my Heroes of Wanford FF league mates.: next your asses are all mine.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:47 pm
Design Team Lead

That is still the plan. However, our multi-box solution was not ready. It will still be out for this phase. It is our top priority.

Please, however, keep in mind this phase is a TEST SERVER phase. Our official production launch will occur after this phase and be noted by it's "2.0" version.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:53 pm

sgtjohnstonbigs wrote:
Went back to sb-ls.shadowbaneemulator.com in the ArchaneIp.cfg and can now login and get to title screen. I created a new character and it seems all good but it shows DalgothBeta as down. Thoughts? Haha, never mind, 9pm edt... in the future.... :) right, got it.

You can get to character creation screen? I keep getting invalid password

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:03 pm
Design Team Lead

If you've changed your password recently, try using any old passwords you may have had shadowboxer. The DB may have not updated in our transition period.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Starfish wrote:
That is still the plan. However, our multi-box solution was not ready. It will still be out for this phase. It is our top priority.

Please, however, keep in mind this phase is a TEST SERVER phase. Our official production launch will occur after this phase and be noted by it's "2.0" version.

I get it, and I'd not even have posted except that as I read the post the last second change was made based on feedback re multi-boxing. That says to me it wasn't a technical limitation, but a design decision based on feedback pressures.

Maybe I didn't understand what that meant or was intended to mean. Or maybe I just straight up misread it.

It doesn't change anything for me though. When, and if, there is ever a true 1 (awesome) or 2 (almost acceptable) box limit on this game then I'll see you and you'll see me. O.o

Till then, you kids have fun.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Starfish wrote:
If you've changed your password recently, try using any old passwords you may have had shadowboxer. The DB may have not updated in our transition period.

I now see to many failed attempts contact support - is that a 15 minute timer?

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:16 pm

New pass works now.. thanks.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Im not too picky. Shadowbane is cool, I can't wait to play. Thanks for all your efforts in establishing this for us, looking forward to checking it out.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Starfish wrote:

I only get invalid username or password on both an old account (using old and new passwords) and a brand new account. *Shrug*

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Design Team Lead

Known Issue: Starting Errant
If you have started errant at SDR, then you will need to re-create your character to get back to Noob Island. We're aware that a small number of users have experienced this.

~Rykugur

I see, Rykugur. Sending this to RichV, he's the one that will be better able to help you or find out this account issue. Could you try changing your Arcane IP's host/ip to sb-ls.shadowbaneemulator.com? Same port.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Starfish wrote:
Known Issue: Starting Errant
If you have started errant at SDR, then you will need to re-create your character to get back to Noob Island. We're aware that a small number of users have experienced this.

~Rykugur

I see, Rykugur. Sending this to RichV, he's the one that will be better able to help you or find out this account issue. Could you try changing your Arcane IP's host/ip to sb-ls.shadowbaneemulator.com? Same port.

Yup, did that right way and just verified. Other account is 'rollhax' fyi.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next