Just wondering...

skil
Snobo
Snobo

Just wondering...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am

Heard a rumor that the fc zones are gonna be scrapped? Why would that be left up in the air while everyone completely wastes thier time possibly designing characters and specs around that being in game? Is there a definative decision on that you guys could oh so generously share since it has been part of the game and there has been no mention so far of it being removed.
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Just wondering...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 am

Not to mention we have dropped cities close to those 2 zones specifically for those fc events ! If you scrap them .... thats guna really frustrate those of us that dropped cities close .
Doon
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Hey,

These were removed because there were some issues with them that we couldn't quite figure out before launch. Good news is we now have more time to spend on the "nice to have" bucket while up until now it's been all "need to have". I can't commit to having these back in by a certain date, but from a content POV its a high priority.

<3
I believed that you wouldn't let Doon scam us, because I believed you, not him....
I can't save face for believing in KoR and you to Infamous, so I'm just quitting SB. It is no wonder that he unites people to hate him over the way he acts....
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:16 am

We'd rather not have them then have them while they buggy. You guys deserve the best, so when that system is fully polished, it will be coming back.
skil
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:02 pm

So what does that mean? are they going to be in game or not and if so are we looking at a month or more like 6 months from now?
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 am

thx for the info / that is a big reason why i am playing again for that new content - so lil disap[ointed but beter to wait till its bug free
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 am

The way it is working right now is that our goals have shifted for this launch, and our goals have shifted in design, too.

1) This launch is firstly about getting back to basics and focusing on some major bugs and stability

2) Design is now re-focusing on polishing existing content, and running small 'proof of concepts' on our internal server for the future after public consideration

FCHZs are classed as 'existing content' as the framework already exists, so expect to see them. Other Design priorities include polishing the Noob Island experience, looking into a way to bring Outposts back in the future and in light of all of the newer players/returning players, putting together a better 'new player experience', focusing especially on that changeover from Noob Island to mainland - and as always, useless disciplines. John has tasked Design with putting some of this in our Fireside chat area to get your feedback before we go much further, so that will happen soon.

Now that's obviously a lot of stuff, so don't expect to see much of that any time soon - our new priority in regards to content is slowing down but providing high quality. Once John is more happy with stability and bugs, we will begin to discuss more publicly about when FCHZs and Noob Isle updates might be coming (our two biggest design focuses at the moment).

We understand that our content is one of the biggest things that sets us apart, and our more varied balance scene - our ideology about that has not changed, but we are concentrating on a more balanced approach with a focus on quality instead of getting things out to you quickly. We think you will enjoy it better that way - and so far it seems to be having a positive effect on the game!

Return to “General Discussion”