Junk/Merchant Huts

Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Junk/Merchant Huts

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:56 am

Are they fully functional? Because they were bunk as Skah! in the last preview but the SotB says they're working.

Confirmation one way or another?
Nope.
Thenebrosity
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Junk/Merchant Huts

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

don't think merchants (that sell your runes and stuff) are working
Xergoos
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 am

well they couldnt open their inventory ...(no database attached?)
Chet: my arse is clean as can be; its called soap and water scrubbing followed by slathering with cold pressed coconut oil you wish you could have an arse as clean as mine gimp - after another visit.
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:08 am

Xergoos wrote:well they couldnt open their inventory ...(no database attached?)
That's why this:
Junk huts are working and will continue to work.
is confusing to me.
Nope.
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 am

PAGING DR NED

Jellyfish - GL :: Order of the Pink Pansies - IC :: House of Errants - FM
Methis
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 am

Drenath wrote:Are they fully functional? Because they were bunk as Skah! in the last preview but the SotB says they're working.

Confirmation one way or another?
i wonder too
Xergoos
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 am

Im pretty sure admins already loosing touch about which server they speaking :D

maybe it worked at test but i didnt see it working on CB(i tried sooo many times...)
Chet: my arse is clean as can be; its called soap and water scrubbing followed by slathering with cold pressed coconut oil you wish you could have an arse as clean as mine gimp - after another visit.
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 am

Will confirm later today bros
Methis
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

im pretty sure mine even called me a knave on cb lulz
Xergoos
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:05 am

you needed to be close to each other LOL
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 am

I don't think they're currently functional. Perhaps they are on a local server, we'll keep you updated when we have our final revision for the CB phase.
Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 am

Starfish wrote:I don't think they're currently functional.
Correct.
Soviet
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 am

That
Drenath wrote:
Junk huts are working and will continue to work.
is confusing to me.
Was quoted from state of the bane q4 2013, answers iirc. Should probably edit that section.

And they were not working on the previews.
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 am

Candi wrote:
Starfish wrote:I don't think they're currently functional.
Correct.
Somebody go tell Rewen. :o
Nope.
Candi
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 pm

I did :) .
Methis
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:07 pm

he fixed it ,giving yet another time hope to the community that its the CB opening announcment :lol:
RichV
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm trying to get merchant huts working for the start of CB, as well as npc trainers fully working (taking gold to train, ranking properly) so people can run useful trainer cities. I'd love to get open cities working also, but that requires implementing all the kos lists. I doubt there will be time to get that done before the start of CB.

And then of course there's mines and banes that need finishing. Gah! Would someone figure out a way to slow down the rotation of the earth so there's more hours in the day? Never mind, that wouldn't work, I'd just sleep longer.
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:12 pm

RichV wrote:I'm trying to get merchant huts working for the start of CB, as well as npc trainers fully working (taking gold to train, ranking properly) so people can run useful trainer cities. I'd love to get open cities working also, but that requires implementing all the kos lists. I doubt there will be time to get that done before the start of CB.

And then of course there's mines and banes that need finishing. Gah! Would someone figure out a way to slow down the rotation of the earth so there's more hours in the day? Never mind, that wouldn't work, I'd just sleep longer.
Me too :D

Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 pm

RichV wrote:I'm trying to get merchant huts working for the start of CB, as well as npc trainers fully working (taking gold to train, ranking properly) so people can run useful trainer cities. I'd love to get open cities working also, but that requires implementing all the kos lists. I doubt there will be time to get that done before the start of CB.
Open cities are a luxury imo. Priority is obviously getting those first two items up and running before CB so we can test the Skah! out of them. Functional merch huts and trainers would be Skah! fantastic and would see the heaviest use (and best ROI in terms of testing data) at server up as opposed to starting CB without them and then introducing later on.

Would someone figure out a way to slow down the rotation of the earth so there's more hours in the day? Never mind, that wouldn't work, I'd just sleep longer.
I bet Neil Degrasse Tyson could do it.
Nope.
TheMaXX37
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Drenath wrote:I bet Neil Degrasse Tyson could do it.
NDT is the coolest astrophysicist I wish I knew. Dr. Michio Kaku is equally cool but not an astrophysicist. He's just a professor of theoretical physics... /eyeroll.

oh, by the way, Startalkradio.net if you didn't somehow already know.
Squintz of Saint Malorn's Fallen, "BURN FOR YOUR BELIEFS!"
RichV
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Update: Merchants are now accepting items transferred to/from their inventory. You can update the cost of the items, and you can recycle items (not giving gold to strongbox yet). I have to fix an issue where the merchant isn't showing up on screen to talk to (think it's a slotting issue with Irekei tent I was testing with). I hope to have everything working within next few days. Once I can get one to show up on screen I'll check to make sure they're properly talking and selling items.

NPC trainers are now deducting gold on training skills, powers, and refining. The formula is a little off on skill and power training (they're deducting too much). I'm still trying to gather information on rank times/costs/maintenance for NPCs to get that implemented. If anyone has any ranking information from live, that would be appreciated.

Banes and mines are in holding pattern until the above are fixed. You've seen how far banes are along. Mines are about 80% done. The destruction/claiming aspect works for the most part. Resource deposits are sort of working (needs some bug fixes).
BeanCurd
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:15 pm

RichV wrote:Update: Merchants are now accepting items transferred to/from their inventory. You can update the cost of the items, and you can recycle items (not giving gold to strongbox yet). I have to fix an issue where the merchant isn't showing up on screen to talk to (think it's a slotting issue with Irekei tent I was testing with). I hope to have everything working within next few days. Once I can get one to show up on screen I'll check to make sure they're properly talking and selling items.

NPC trainers are now deducting gold on training skills, powers, and refining. The formula is a little off on skill and power training (they're deducting too much). I'm still trying to gather information on rank times/costs/maintenance for NPCs to get that implemented. If anyone has any ranking information from live, that would be appreciated.

Banes and mines are in holding pattern until the above are fixed. You've seen how far banes are along. Mines are about 80% done. The destruction/claiming aspect works for the most part. Resource deposits are sort of working (needs some bug fixes).
Nice update.
Hidetade
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:19 pm

RichV wrote:Update: Merchants are now accepting items transferred to/from their inventory. You can update the cost of the items, and you can recycle items (not giving gold to strongbox yet). I have to fix an issue where the merchant isn't showing up on screen to talk to (think it's a slotting issue with Irekei tent I was testing with). I hope to have everything working within next few days. Once I can get one to show up on screen I'll check to make sure they're properly talking and selling items.

In Rich We Trust! :D

zenjah
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:32 pm

RichV wrote:think it's a slotting issue with Irekei tent I was testing with
That is likely it. Try a normal hut. I've seen merchants slotted in them and they were visible.
Master spies and infiltrators, the Nephilim have spread throughout Aerynth in secret, and perhaps only the Dark Lords know precisely how many there are.
brentl345
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:23 pm

So does this mean when CB opens it will deduct the gold when we train?
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

Skah! ya, thanks for the update Rich.

Bane/mine progress definitely needs to take a back seat until this Skah! is at least functional. Banes aren't needed for server up and we can certainly get by without mines for a while until they're working properly IMO. Junking and training are the two must-haves for server up.
Nope.
Xergoos
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:28 am

Drenath wrote:

Bane/mine progress definitely needs to take a back seat until this Skah! is at least functional. Banes aren't needed for server up and we can certainly get by without mines for a while until they're working properly IMO. Junking and training are the two must-haves for server up.

Junk Huts - that ones we need Hell yeah,
Banes - can wait max 1 month
Mines - at start is a must.
Konyg
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:00 am

Junk huts can wait, we can junk at freeholds
mines are key, as well as banes. I was planning on having one dropped the first week! Lol
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Xergoos wrote:
Drenath wrote:

Junk Huts - that ones we need Hell yeah,
Banes - can wait max 1 month
Mines - at start is a must.
Not from a testing perspective.

Mines will get sufficient testing whenever they are introduced so long as it's not 3 days before CB closes. Just because you want mine income to build a city doesn't factor into the equation. Banes and mines both can wait until they are ready to implement, whenever that may be, with almost no impact on potential testing data.
Nope.
hcbigboy
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm

For some reason the amount that they said they would be worth in your inventory is not what the merchants wanted to pay is that a bug or just a deflation of the item. I just wanted to know I junk most things from the mobs if cant use it and the money goes to get better weapons and items so just wanted to ask that question?

Return to “General Discussion”