Patch 2.0 Shroud of Ardan - Discussion

Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Patch 2.0 Shroud of Ardan - Discussion

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Discuss the 2.0 "Shroud of Ardan" patch.

Feel free to join us in our new community discord as well! https://discord.gg/GkbPxZW
kopko
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Re: Patch 2.0 Shroud of Ardan - Discussion

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Here we go again. Last time I thought: "Man this is my last start and I wont care for this game after I got bored."

And I feel lika maybe this time, will be last time. We will see. This game is a Skah! drug.
chimpy
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:21 pm

kopko wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 pm
Here we go again. Last time I thought: "Man this is my last start and I wont care for this game after I got bored."

And I feel lika maybe this time, will be last time. We will see. This game is a Skah! drug.
I know EXACTLY how you feel...
mcy
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks for the work. CN will support!
Outkil
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:47 am

Looks nice. I will be back
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am

You guys should make a post in the Crowfall Shadowbane Sub-forum.
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:06 am

Armegeddon wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am
You guys should make a post in the Crowfall Shadowbane Sub-forum.
Cool idea!

Is there anyone involved in the Crowfall forums who could give us a shout out?
sankdogg
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 am

Why enforce single boxing? Is it only to combat key cloning?
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 am

sankdogg wrote:
Well, that would indirectly solve it. But I'm sure a major reason is not to make the game "a job". Boxing became so pervasive that it became necessary to compete.
sankdogg
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:12 am

I don't disagree, but it helps compete against greater numbers too. Personally, i like to solo pvp on novelty toons and being able to box a scout is necessary.... roguebane = death of me
Koots
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am

sankdogg wrote:
An enforced singlebox policy is an approach which has served other Emulator projects well. In the context of Shadowbane it doesn't just stop keycloning, it also shifts the GvG meta in a significant way. In the past, guilds heavily boxed to remain competitive and we'd often see an escalation of boxes between opposing sides in an effort to achieve a numeric advantage. This will no longer be the case.

We'll be releasing an announcement regarding the launcher and our singlebox enforcement with a relevant FAQ before launch day. You'll be able to have one 'active' character in game at a time. Log it out and the next character you log in will take its place. All other characters logged in while your 'active' character is in game will be considered boxed and receive an effect similar to Deathshroud until they become 'active'. They'll still be able to get PLed, loot and do city management stuff but for the intent of combat will be entirely useless.
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 am

sankdogg wrote:
I don't disagree, but it helps compete against greater numbers too. Personally, i like to solo pvp on novelty toons and being able to box a scout is necessary.... roguebane = death of me
Hi Sank! Long time no see!

I think you will be much more able to solo on creative characters now. Rogue stealth caps at JM - which means Bounty Hunter (and now Black Mask as well, as it has been given Detect Hidden) eyes will be able to see the rogues, with some exception (rogues in saboteur - but that's a long cooldown!). Mages can use battlemagus' Scry to find enemies and reveal a close (60 units) stealther.

Making the stealth/smallscale metagame not just about bird scouts and thieves was one of the things we absolutely wanted to keep over, so you should find that the smallscale meta is much more open in Shroud of Ardan than in 24.3. :)
sankdogg
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Starfish/Koots! Hope you guys are well. I'm glad you're still working on this project.
Mojo
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 am

im happy that you keep working on this project.
im looking forward to play with you all once the games up <3
UmbraSprite
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 am

Unless I am missing something the rogue stealth powers got left off the wiki.
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Koots wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am
sankdogg wrote:
All other characters logged in while your 'active' character is in game will be considered boxed and receive an effect similar to Deathshroud until they become 'active'. They'll still be able to get PLed, loot and do city management stuff but for the intent of combat will be entirely useless.
Does this mean boxed water bucket macro bots are still in? :D
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Water Buckets now apply a HoT instead of upfront healing, so you can't bot them :)
Armegeddon
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Starfish wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm
Water Buckets now apply a HoT instead of upfront healing, so you can't bot them :)
Nice!
Kaycer
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Almost tempted to try the server untill I saw the sneak/hide changes.

This project still has no idea.

Gl but I doubt you will garner any support for a snowflake version of shadowbane.
Muf
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Kaycer wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:50 pm
Almost tempted to try the server untill I saw the sneak/hide changes.

This project still has no idea.

Gl but I doubt you will garner any support for a snowflake version of shadowbane.

Thank you for the well wishes. I hope you give it a try anyway. Take care. :)
Drenath
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Starfish wrote:
sankdogg wrote:

I think you will be much more able to solo on creative characters now. Rogue stealth caps at JM - which means Bounty Hunter (and now Black Mask as well, as it has been given Detect Hidden) eyes will be able to see the rogues, with some exception (rogues in saboteur - but that's a long cooldown!). Mages can use battlemagus' Scry to find enemies and reveal a close (60 units) stealther.

Making the stealth/smallscale metagame not just about bird scouts and thieves was one of the things we absolutely wanted to keep over, so you should find that the smallscale meta is much more open in Shroud of Ardan than in 24.3. :)
So instead of finding any other means to buff up the lagging classes in solo pvp you instead chose to just give away the scout's utility to every other rogue and a good chunk of fighters? Smooth. Hope scouts enjoy being def-cut bots again.
Nope.
teleporttodeath
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 pm

So... I like the idea of the Multi Box feature. Glad we can still PL with it but limited spells seems smart. Would someone still be able to auto attack? Like 10 Werewolf crossbow warriors with 1 still exposing and all the others still just auto attacking?
tell
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 pm

I assume you have testing schedules that adjust to changes before release. But do you have a time frame for when you plan to go live? Couple weeks, or months, or early 2018? Just a ballpark.
Thx
B-)
War is Deception
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Drenath wrote:
Starfish wrote:
sankdogg wrote:

So instead of finding any other means to buff up the lagging classes in solo pvp you instead chose to just give away the scout's utility to every other rogue and a good chunk of fighters? Smooth. Hope scouts enjoy being def-cut bots again.
Nah. BH detect lasts 20 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown. Scout can have 100% uptime.

Edit: I was told it is actually a 3-minute CD for BH and costs a lot of stamina. You dont want a bounty hunter watching for assassins in your GvG!
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 pm

teleporttodeath wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 pm
So... I like the idea of the Multi Box feature. Glad we can still PL with it but limited spells seems smart. Would someone still be able to auto attack? Like 10 Werewolf crossbow warriors with 1 still exposing and all the others still just auto attacking?
Sub-boxes wont even be able to auto attack. ;)
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:47 pm

tell wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 pm
I assume you have testing schedules that adjust to changes before release. But do you have a time frame for when you plan to go live? Couple weeks, or months, or early 2018? Just a ballpark.
Thx
B-)
Nothing is set in stone. As far as a ballpark? I would say for sure in the next two months. Hopefully sooner.

We will announce the release date soon. Keep an eye on the announcements forum or stay logged into our Discord server to be kept in the loop!
pansoncc
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 pm

its looks funny ,i am waiting for that!
Starfish
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Drenath wrote:
Starfish wrote:
sankdogg wrote:

Hiya Drenath,

It's good to see you around again. Hope you are well.

We just believed there wasn't a viable alternative to being able to engage other rogue users - it pushed most people into playing scouts. We didn't give their capability to everyone - as Scouts still have access to GM stealth (on a cooldown) and so do rogues with Saboteur applied. In addition, as Rewen said, JM Detect Hidden has a length cooldown (180s), cast time and mana cost (125) with a very low duration (20s).

Scouts on the other hand, got increased tools to help them actually be scouts. Their track cast time is 3s instead of the normal 12. They have Pin Down, a single target bow-only root power that is very short but doesn't break on damage, and 'pinpoint', an ability that highlights the target with obvious vfx (good for targetting) and prevents them from stealthing. That's on top of their Camoflauge which is now GM stealth that they apply to themselves and up to 2 other allies.

Scouts will, as you say, no longer be the king of solo - but they will still be extremely valuable - both in smallscale and GvG. We saw this with our setup with Stalk (which allowed all rogues to see eachother for a brief period, on a long cooldown) and it worked quite well.

Hope that helps explain things a bit more :)
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Patch notes' race section has been updated to include Nephilim changes (mistaken omission).
s3615
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 am

we will be back.
-ShinMon and his friends-

Return to “General Discussion”