Patch 2.0 Shroud of Ardan - Discussion

Mantis
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Patch 2.0 Shroud of Ardan - Discussion

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

I have 3 questions:

1) Do creation runes still grant 10% resists instead of 5%?
2) Do creation runes still grant 10 points to weapons instead of 5?
3) Are Shades still given mobile stealth?
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 am

Not sure about creation runes but shades will have moblie " hide " woot for fighter based sneaky shades ;]
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am
1) Do creation runes still grant 10% resists instead of 5%?
Yes
2) Do creation runes still grant 10 points to weapons instead of 5?
I don't think this was ever changed. Mentor and Childhood runes both still give only +5 unless it's the UA one.
3) Are Shades still given mobile stealth?
Yep. Whatever rogue's current version of Hide is, that is what Shades will have. If it is changed back to 24.3 Hide then Shades will also have 24.3 Hide. Note that Hide was renamed Sneak so Shades had Sneak during RIF instead of Hide. 2.0 patch notes are changing the name back to Hide to eliminate any confusion.
I feel like I just made that more confusing than the original question.
pqftgs
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Anyone know if the launcher runs on Linux/wine? Happy to test / help out where I can.
chimpy
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:27 pm

pqftgs wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm
Anyone know if the launcher runs on Linux/wine? Happy to test / help out where I can.
I've been working on the mac launcher - should have something for Linux to test on over the next week (give or take)
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:36 am

Hey all, I may be behind the times, so I'm going to check and see if this is a Shroud thing or a RiF thing.
I was looking at the wiki and saw SD granting Unarmed Combat Mastery (UACM). In original SB, if I remember correctly the two were not related. Thus having a Khan in my hand wouldn't allow me to use UACM powers. Is that now different?
Furthermore, I know that putting trains in a skill helps either damage or ATR, but I can't seem to remember which (among other things for other classes). Wouldn't it be beneficial to have an entry on the skill (like on the SD, UAC, and UACM skill entries) that details that information? Even a single sentence could cover it.

That's all I had for now, thanks for the new expansion, look forward to not having to multibox (finally)
Good luck and take care all!
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:27 am

Sun Dancer does indeed grant Unarmed Combat Mastery, but you are correct, they are not related. Unarmed Combat Mastery has no effect on the Irekei Sun Dancer weapons, nor will you be able to use weapon powers from Unarmed Combat Mastery while wielding Sun Dancer weapons. You will want to only train Sun Dancing for that.

Basic skills and mastery skills affect both attack rating and damage, but the effect on damage is very minimal.
Koots wrote:for example, 90 trains sun dancing gave me like +13 topend dmg
Thanks to koots for testing this for us. :)
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

Okay awesome, thanks for the clarification on both points.
Will cleaning that up (the UACM for SD) be something that happens? Either direction, 1) including UACM powers to the list available for SD or 2) removing UACM from the granted skills? I ask because it doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than another tool to get UACM which, in itself isn't much of an issue, but it doesn't thematically serve a purpose.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Deviston wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am
Okay awesome, thanks for the clarification on both points.
Will cleaning that up (the UACM for SD) be something that happens? Either direction, 1) including UACM powers to the list available for SD or 2) removing UACM from the granted skills? I ask because it doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than another tool to get UACM which, in itself isn't much of an issue, but it doesn't thematically serve a purpose.
So... you want another stun, another powerblock, another defense debuff, a pierce expose, and attack speed debuff?

Pretty sure they made it a universal change to SD/BW/BM to not be able to use their mastery counterparts. Thus BW cannot use Sword mastery, BM cannot use GS mastery, and SD cannot use Unarmed Combat Mastery.
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't necessarily want it, the other option works just as fine for me personally (removing UACM). Blade Weaver doesn't provide Sword Mastery. That could be because it never had it in the first place, but I'm not knowledgeable about those historical things. Just saying it's misleading for someone new (or so old they were in SB at the start but didn't stay with it to close).

"Oh cool, got this new skill with my SD rune. ::puts points in it, sees new powers:: Awesome! wait... what... why aren't they working? Wrong weapon?? Then why put that skill on this rune???"

If what ya get from the rune doesn't provide function to the core purpose of the rune (Sun Dancing) then it should be removed for nothing else other than being cleanly IMO.
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Deviston wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:54 pm
I don't necessarily want it, the other option works just as fine for me personally (removing UACM). Blade Weaver doesn't provide Sword Mastery. That could be because it never had it in the first place, but I'm not knowledgeable about those historical things. Just saying it's misleading for someone new (or so old they were in SB at the start but didn't stay with it to close).

"Oh cool, got this new skill with my SD rune. ::puts points in it, sees new powers:: Awesome! wait... what... why aren't they working? Wrong weapon?? Then why put that skill on this rune???"

If what ya get from the rune doesn't provide function to the core purpose of the rune (Sun Dancing) then it should be removed for nothing else other than being cleanly IMO.
Could be the option of different weapon powers? Even if SD has superior choices except for maybe the pierce expose and attack speed debuff.

Also I believe there was an update to fix BW/BM interaction with sword/sword mastery/greatsword mastery weapon skills. Thus there was more tweaks put in place, but it would avoid confusion if UACM was removed from SD. Even tho you could still train it on assassin, bard, nightstalker, ranger, scout, thief, and warrior. So it would only effect the classes that don't normally get it unlocked for free.

Granted, in SD had weapons for lower ranks like BW/BM it would probably help people not be as confusing.... even if you can hit 100% weapon skill pretty fast anyways.
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am

Am I hearing some more types of khans? I'm DOWN!
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:35 am

Oh!!!! What about a pair of super low level khans that are automatically added to the inventory when the rune is applied that have lore on them! You know, that sexy flavor text that tells more about the world etc. That there would be excellent.
phoenixblk
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 am

Do Irekei still get 20% (now 15% poison resist)? What about the 10% move speed from RiF 1.20? The poison resist doesn't show up on the wiki page as a trait.

Edit:. I see there was a patch 1.6 which does not show up in patch history that removed 10% movement speed, but referenced possible future changes to Sundancer and Blood Prophet. Were there any changes to these runes? Did 1.6 happen? Were there any other patches that happened that don't show up in the patch history?
xxxpaintball
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:39 am

Is there a link to what the new Vorringia map will look like? I noticed in the update post

"Duplicate Adventure Zones removed. Several duplicate zones were replaced by Resource Mine macrozones which received favorable feedback on our Dalgoth mapset.
Discipline drop variants reduced to one for each rune , with a few exceptions (Prospector, Gladiator & Huntsman). "

I'm curious which ones will be the Mine macrozones and which zone will have the droppers.

Thanks!
phoenixblk
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 am

Any chance I can get an answer on if patch 1.6 happened, why it isn't on the patch history on wiki, if any other patches happened that don't show up, and what the 2.0 status of Irekei's are?
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 pm

phoenixblk wrote:
Any chance I can get an answer on if patch 1.6 happened, why it isn't on the patch history on wiki, if any other patches happened that don't show up, and what the 2.0 status of Irekei's are?
http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... /Patch_1.6

1.6 happened but I think it was left out of the list of patches because most of it was reverted in 2.0 so it'd confuse people to mention the changes in it. Irekei lost their movement speed bonus but their racial rune got a movement speed bonus attached to it.
phoenixblk
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Colest wrote:
phoenixblk wrote:

1.6 happened but I think it was left out of the list of patches because most of it was reverted in 2.0 so it'd confuse people to mention the changes in it. Irekei lost their movement speed bonus but their racial rune got a movement speed bonus attached to it.
What about the poison resist?
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

phoenixblk wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm
Colest wrote:
phoenixblk wrote:

What about the poison resist?
http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Irekei

That's Irekei. if something was in the patch notes that is not on that page, then it was reverted.
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 am

Is there an anticipated deadline on the completion of the wiki?
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Deviston wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 am
Is there an anticipated deadline on the completion of the wiki?
All of the patch changes are already in the wiki.

If you mean literally, probably never. there's always more that can be added and improved upon.
xxxpaintball
Snobo
Snobo

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 am

Quick question, is the map going to have any empty zones that are just mines?
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 am

Are the Vorg stats on the Wiki updated ?
Also what FC items are you planning on using - There is a list on the wiki - are all of these going to be dropping or just certain ones ?
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 am

Another question :
Any eta on when you will be bringer the server up for a test ?
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:36 am

If I give you an ETA on the preview, I might disappoint you. Would rather it be a pleasant surprise!
The gear stats are in the final stages.
Anklebiter
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:33 am

argh fair enough as long as you hold to 6th as start date as we have booked time off for it ;]
lmn3x
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 am

11 days left
xxxpaintball
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 am

Anklebiter wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:33 am
argh fair enough as long as you hold to 6th as start date as we have booked time off for it ;]
Haha I also took 2 days off for the launch! got to get my fix :D
CrazyKilla
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:05 pm

So when the launcher download going to be available? Trying to get all my pps to get it downloaded before the test server
FLOCKA
Stoneman
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Is there any plan to allow down loading the client prior to game server "UP"? It might keep the wires(and players) from melting if left to 7:59 Thursday.
Just sayin'

Return to “General Discussion”