How Does Attack Rating/Defense Work? And Sun Dancer Questions

Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

How Does Attack Rating/Defense Work? And Sun Dancer Questions

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 pm

So I was looking into some stats, and noticed something that I wasn't sure of. Maybe someone here can help out!

As per the wiki:
Defense = ((Dexterity*2) + (Total Armor Defense*(Armor Skill * .03)) + (Shield Armor * (shield skill * .03)) + ((Primary Weapon Skill + Secondary Weapon Skill)/2)) * (1. Stance Modification)

My question is about "Primary" and "Secondary" weapon skills. What defines that? For example, if a Sundancer is wearing khans, what is considered their Primary and Secondary Weapon skills? P=Sun Dancing and S=UA? Or does the above formula only apply to someone using two types of weapons in which the Primary is the Primary hand and the Secondary is the Off Hand? How does it interact with a sword wielder or other weapons?

On Attack Rating

As per the wiki:
Melee/Ranged Attack Rating = (Primary Stat / 2) + (Weapon Skill * 4) + (Weapon Mastery * 3) + (ATR Enchantments) * 1.stance modifier

What is the "Primary stat" and what determines it? Is it by weapon type? I couldn't seem to find that. And In the event of a Sun Dancer, does UA or Sun Dancing count as the Weapon Skill when using Khans? I assume SD, but I figure it's good to confirm. And if that's the case, do Sun Dancers just not have a mastery skill (since Unarmed Combat Mastery doesn't apply even though they get it) or do I have it backwards and UA is the Weapon Skill and SD is the Weapon Mastery? Or do Sun Dancers just not get the ATR buff from having points in a mastery?
Good luck and take care all!
BratsCankill
Snobo
Snobo

Re: How Does Attack Rating/Defense Work? And Sun Dancer Questions

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Sundancer: Unarmed Combat = primary weapon skill, Sun Dancing = secondary weapon skill when wearing Khans. If they're wearing standard unarmed weapons, the secondary weapon skill would be Unarmed Combat mastery.
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 am

The primary skill is the initial focus line. The secondary skill is the one that is unlocked later either after disc application, promoting, or training the initial line up a certain amount. If you look at the weapon tooltip it'll say on the second line: "X Class - Y Subclass" and that is the primary and secondary respectively. If you're dualwielding, a seperate calculation with the exact same formula is made for the other hand. That's why in the character sheet you will see two separate ATRs listed for each hand. Unless you're using two different weapon types, ATR should be the same for both hands.

The primary stat is the stat the weapon scales off of. Most weapons on a given class scale off of the same stat (Spears, Pole Arms, Axes, Hammers, Swords, Throwing for Strength and Bows, Daggers, Crossbows, Unarmed for Dex). Some of those categories have specific weapons that scale off the opposite stat, some of those categories are split (like Throwing) and some have seperate sub-categories of weapons from discs that have weapons that scale off of that stat.

With all this in mind for a Sun Dancer, Unarmed is the primary skill, Sun Dancing is the secondary skill, and Dexterity is the primary stat. Keep in mind those formulas are truncated approximations and not accurate down to the digit.

Does that answer your question?
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

Magnificently for the Defense question!
The ATR question however refers to "Weapon Skill" and "Weapon Mastery". Your response doesn't specifically use those words, and since I'm not crazy knowledgeable about the formulas and terms (trust, I'm trying to learn it all so I can understand better) I don't quite see the answer to the ATR question. Of course, it's totally possible I'm an ignorant boob. Won't count that out haha
Colest
SBE Team
SBE Team

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Alright so if you look at this image at the Vorgrim Legionnaire's Sword, right below the damage you will see "Sword Class - Sword Mastery Subclass" which is the case for every weapon. The first focus line listed, Sword, is the "primary weapon skill" in the defense formula and the "weapon skill" in the atr formula. The second focus line listed, Sword Mastery, is the "secondary weapon skill" in the defense formula and the "weapon mastery" in the atr formula.

I should probably standardize those so they're easier to read.
Deviston
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:17 pm

::slaps head:: ah yes! That's so simple now that you point it out! Thank you so much, I appreciate you explaining it to me, I guess I should have paid closer attention, that one's on me. But still, thank you very very much!

Return to “General Discussion”