Discussion: Important Announcement Regarding Launch

SBEAnnouncer
SBE Announcer
SBE Announcer

Discussion: Important Announcement Regarding Launch

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Hey all, please discuss here.
This account is shared by the SBE staff to make announcements.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Re: Discussion: Important Announcement Regarding Launch

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 pm

* * * * chose to delete previous post due to anger * * * *

My only suggestion is keep Noob isle restricted but change the settings so that anyone on mainland at any level CAN PORT TO OTHER SAFEHOLDS.
right now if you went over through glitch or on purpose you were stuck errent at SDR :evil: forcing a reroll.

Fix the glitch with no money on new toons -
Fix the MAC errors.

Doesnt much matter for me cause Ill be at work :(
Last edited by Cryfowl on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Torkey
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:07 pm

I can understand a period between servers to get everything figured out/ allow for people to coordinate again, but man.. frustrating
Tor-Ariel
Disgusting
kbz
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:08 pm

wipe it right now and open it at 13th 8pm
U cant let guys play in a sever which is so hard to level up and find gear but the sever only online 10 days from now on

And a PC only have a account to use is too little ,2 or 3 is more better and only 2 or 3 will make the Keycloned no use the same.

some guys use different PC play game at this system they need make same role at different PC ,because if i make a role on the my PC at home,i cant log in game at office
kbz
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 pm
why wait ? you 'll only lose more people between now and then wipe it this friday and roll it out at 6:30 pm instead of 8. makes it just a little harder on CN.
R u joking me ,u let the admin start it at 6.30pm only to make CN more harder.

Like this time TA can plant far more trees than now ,but we only plant 16 trees.

The whole sever can plant more than 80 trees,we think we have a bout 1/5 the player numbers of the sever so we only plant 16 trees.
FARTBOY
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:27 pm

This is stupid. I cant even express how angry this makes me. I hate you.
Mooshsb1
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:49 pm

COME ON SHADOWBANE PLAYERS! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? Honesty and forthrightness? From people who are either 1)theives, stealing intellectual property or 2) covert Chinese owners??

It will all shut down once the Cease and Desist letter come from Changyou :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

"On April 13, 2012, Chinese gaming company Changyou announced it had acquired the intellectual property rights and source code to Shadowbane with the intent of developing a new version of the game, which would be titled World of Shadowbane"
tchahin
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 pm

You shouldnt wipe it
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:34 pm

While I understand the logic....
  • 3-4 magical properties on equipment?... I had a shield from the vendors with 90 atr, -7% attack delay, and a magic proc. It's now a normal shield, non-magical. Thus a reason removed.
  • EVERYONE had issues getting in at first, it isn't like any nation got a ton of trees while others did not. This happened on live with new servers all the time, why is it such a big issue here?
  • Following the first point "magical properties on items that should not blah blah blah", obviously since my shield is now a non-magical shield this point is null as well.
  • If you wanted PVP on server up you should have had it up at first, it's now a thing. Again, null and void, why does this require a reset?
  • "Being stranded in SDR" - They should have remade their toons after putting items in their vaults, everyone KNEW this was an issue before launch.

Either why, I'll still play to crush, but these are moronic reasons to wipe when the major "bugs" are already instantly resolved. The rest is just QQ nonsense that everyone was dealing with, yet we all pushed through even with such issues.
Gerardan
Snobo
Snobo

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 pm

If you're going to wipe put the vendors and trainers back in Aeldreth. Thanks for your hard work
prince87x
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Gerardan wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 pm
If you're going to wipe put the vendors and trainers back in Aeldreth. Thanks for your hard work
I agree, I know we will get increased xp and gold but why not just revert it back to a test server sort of phase until reset?
Koots
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:00 pm

@Cryfowl - We're looking to rectify the bottlenecking we discovered.

@moosh - 天堂和地球上有更多的东西,而不是在你的哲学中梦寐以求的。

@Reaper989 - The shield thing is just a simple vendor inventory entry. Different issue from what is currently plagueing Ardan.

@Gerardan & prince87x - We'll discuss this.

Sorry for the debacle, guys.
Dain
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 am

right now if you went over through glitch or on purpose you were stuck errent at SDR :evil: forcing a reroll.
Will this be fixed?
FAQ | Wiki | Code of Conduct | Facebook | Twitter
"You're a barbarian not some dainty elf." - Brave Sir Robin
marvelkratt
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:53 am

Can't you just stick to item wipe?
Erasing items from database that should not be in game can't be that hard.
With continuous wiping you will end up playing with your 10 developers and bunch of cn - that can't be fun.
Please reconsider or find alternatives how to avoid total wipe.

If any db relations help needed, pst me.

All the best,
Kratt
Pyetrek
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 am

PROBLEM: Many of you were expecting PvP at server up and in feedback had noted this was part of your server up plans. We did not properly communicate that the noob island would be a safehold for day 1.
SOLUTION: For the next launch, we will have PvP enabled for start up.
What about multiboxing at the start. Will the one box restrictions be enabled day 1? I suggest updating the original post with this information. Thanks.
Ponch
Snobo
Snobo

Name Fix

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:21 am

When creating a character name.
Fix it so if you delete the character
And name the character the same name
You will still have the 10k gold
After making a toon with the same name , the gold was not there on newb isle. We mess up builds at creation and like to keep the names of toons we are used to.
HELMET
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 am

So we are loosing everything again ?
flibberdee
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am

It's amusing how people like to call the devs incompetent and how they carelessly do this or that and break the game. Yet these same people have done nothing to rectify the situation. If you know how to fix the game, if you think it is so easy, go forth and make your own emulator, and don't forget you will not get paid to fix this broken game (original) and then put up a server. Hell to hear most of you whine and complain it should only take you about a week and a half to fix all the issues and get a much better bane running. Oh look here come the 'nut cupping the devs comments'.
The fact of the matter is IF half of the folks who are running around on the server now had showed up last weekend during the 'TEST' this might not have been an issue. But instead the population was so low that even with increased gold/xp some trees were still being planted the day before the end of the test.
I was frustrated with the decision to wipe as well, but I calmed down and now view this as a chance to test builds, yes even with normal xp, and to see if any other problems can be found and submitted.
'.
tell
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 am

This iteration of SB has the best chance for a "long term" success. As i hope to play for a relatively long term, I would rather a very early addressing of the big problems. Wipe is no fun, but necessary.
That said, we players should be active until the wipe. Report issues, cut the whining, support the effort.
B-)
War is Deception
Reaper989
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:15 pm

flibberdee wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am
It's amusing how people like to call the devs incompetent and how they carelessly do this or that and break the game. Yet these same people have done nothing to rectify the situation. If you know how to fix the game, if you think it is so easy, go forth and make your own emulator, and don't forget you will not get paid to fix this broken game (original) and then put up a server. Hell to hear most of you whine and complain it should only take you about a week and a half to fix all the issues and get a much better bane running. Oh look here come the 'nut cupping the devs comments'.
The fact of the matter is IF half of the folks who are running around on the server now had showed up last weekend during the 'TEST' this might not have been an issue. But instead the population was so low that even with increased gold/xp some trees were still being planted the day before the end of the test.
I was frustrated with the decision to wipe as well, but I calmed down and now view this as a chance to test builds, yes even with normal xp, and to see if any other problems can be found and submitted.
'.
Well the item issues weren't tested much as most simply ignored identifying items as the gear from vendors were solid enough as is. If those vendors weren't present and timers to upgrade vendors were lower they probably would've been tested.

Druid ghetto priest HoT still bites somewhat, but better than a DA that doesn't cover slashing.
rotinom
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

well atleast crank up the gold for the remainder of the uptime so testing can commence :)
Velmu
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Removing items should be easy, anyway if there is must reason to wipe then wipe it, better do it asap than wait for it if there is problems those cause corruption (as long you make sure you fixes work this time). I assume its mainly for mapping/zone errors as those can be harder to fix on live, sad just that those where not reacted on testing week (maybe too short test period was used).

If you seriously plan to open newbie land for pvp right on launch, then you NEED TO FIX teleporting/tags to Aeld/Erkeng for under lvl 25 (should allow it from promoted lvl 10 forward). Atm you cant get out of newbie to either mainland/ice cities if you not enough high (and sdr is looong run to everywhere). You going to have lot of pissed off newbies on launch if they cant get out of only city they allowed to be without getting killed on gates of city. Must allow teleporting/tagging those other cities after promotion so people has option where to go level if they get ganked on newbie land non-stop. This specially on higher lvl newbie land zone as gaining 25/35 on fully booked camps on single hostile zone is not going to be fun for many.

And plz make sure everyone knows whats plan for launch, last time we came with single box plans to start and suddenly it was multiboxing activated against pre-information.. not cool to do last second changes, those you notices few hours after launch.

Lastly... fly is bugged as hell, attempted to start last time with neph healer channy, but it keep grounding on my screen even that server side still flying.. and after moment didnt know anymore whats stamina and if flying or not... ending up all useless toon.
Kemal
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:46 pm

rotinom wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm
well atleast crank up the gold for the remainder of the uptime so testing can commence :)
Might as well boost gold and exp to encourage more people to play and use this time for finding any more bugs
tchahin
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Wipe items only.

Make a SQL query that deletes all item entries from inventory, vault, bank and characters. It can't be so hard.
Put some NPCs with white/blank 100% gear that costs 0 gold in Aeldreth and we are good to go!
Pyetrek
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am

Pyetrek wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 am
PROBLEM: Many of you were expecting PvP at server up and in feedback had noted this was part of your server up plans. We did not properly communicate that the noob island would be a safehold for day 1.
SOLUTION: For the next launch, we will have PvP enabled for start up.
What about multiboxing at the start. Will the one box restrictions be enabled day 1? I suggest updating the original post with this information. Thanks.
Still unanswered. Anyone have more info?
CrazyKilla
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 am

Just windering if you guys already identified and found solutions for all the things that went wrong why wait till the 20th? Couldn’t y’all just do it this friday instead?
FLOCKA
xxxpaintball
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am

I feel its better to iron out and test all the reported bugs before the reset. If it takes even more time then the 20th so be it. Would rather have a stable start up than another reset. Some of the problems at launch basically snow-balled to the point it required a reset to fix. Namely: Certain mob camps became bugged and unusable. Rune droppers double spawned but the second was un-killable. Multiple city plants were bugged. All these things greatly discourage progression and should be fixed before the next launch

Return to “General Discussion”