Hey Malant

Enzo
Snobo
Snobo

Hey Malant

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Now that youre head honcho, you finally gunna buff those dang channy robes? ...And dragonplate...and wyrmskin...
-Enzo the baker-
-Guardians of Destiny-
-QFT-
quills
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Re: Hey Malant

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Malant make our dreams come true!
kherak1
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 am

buff staff so i can make dorf staff worrier
Malant
SBE Team
SBE Team

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 am

Enzo wrote:
Now that youre head honcho, you finally gunna buff those dang channy robes? ...And dragonplate...and wyrmskin...
Haha id love to at some point get to do a overhaul on armor & cloth so it is not as vanilla. Every caster either wears the single piece generic set with resist +hp, or 20/24 con sleeveless robes.

It will all be evaluated in time, however right now we are focusing time on larger code rewrites and optimization. Content changes are on a temporary hold to production until we can get the server to a better state.

Absolutely would love to hear the ideas though, Channy robes being specific to the damage type the character is using, +10% fire-damage or something along the lines of that.

Any suggestions for Dragonplate/wyrmskin?
SBE Team - Project Manager

-X-
RoFL/GC/HoE
Kinslayer
Chilly Orc
Chilly Orc

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

A revamp of all the buffs on armors would definitely bring back some stylebane, which is super important. Add a little bit more diversity to what people wear, and I like the concept on the channeler gear. Doing similar changes with other class armor would be cool.

Heck even trying a druid MA robe, that is a bearskin, that turns your druid into a wolverkin.
Scorn GL
I offer you our contempt.
The scorn of genius is the most arrogant and the most boundless of all scorn.
TheMightyZim
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Awesome stuff. Please take your time to ensure a super successful, and honest launch! :)
Whubba Lubba Dub Dub!!
Enzo
Snobo
Snobo

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Malant wrote:
id love to at some point get to do a overhaul on armor & cloth so it is not as vanilla.
I'm really happy this is on the horizon. I agree that one of the worst aspects of vanilla was the terrible itemization. In vanilla there was the obvious best-in-slot item for every build which made anything else vendor junk. So many cool graphical assets that basically never get utilized. Almighty stylebane concerns aside, cookie cutter toons are symptoms of stale game design.

The changes to elite gear is a promising step in the right direction. Gear that encourages variety in offensive and defensive strategies is the spice that was sorely lacking in vanilla. What I find most exciting are items like the Elite mage staff, the boots that gave natural flight, and the Elite fighter sword proc, which are so dynamic they are worth building a toon around. It only makes sense to expand this concept to all items.

I think your robe idea is on point. Baking in diverse boons seems like the way to go, the trick is to make the trade-offs not obvious so that no item is clearly superior for all situations. For example on some builds id choose a light armor set that had -10% natural crush/slash resist spread but offered +6% run/attack speed, or conversely a (very) heavy armor that traded a hit to speed for more baked in resists.

Besides a sync-issue-free, stable server, I seriously believe overhauling itemization will contribute most to the health and longevity of this game. SBG realized this too late in the end and timidly attempted to half [fluffy bunnies] the problem by adding class armor bonuses and glass weapons, when clearly a more thorough reworking was required. I have hope in the Emu team since you guys clearly aren't afraid of change.
-Enzo the baker-
-Guardians of Destiny-
-QFT-
shadowboxer
Snowy Harpy
Snowy Harpy

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:58 am

Malant wrote:
Enzo wrote:
Haha id love to at some point get to do a overhaul on armor & cloth so it is not as vanilla. Every caster either wears the single piece generic set with resist +hp, or 20/24 con sleeveless robes.

It will all be evaluated in time, however right now we are focusing time on larger code rewrites and optimization. Content changes are on a temporary hold to production until we can get the server to a better state.

Absolutely would love to hear the ideas though, Channy robes being specific to the damage type the character is using, +10% fire-damage or something along the lines of that.

Any suggestions for Dragonplate/wyrmskin?
How about HP Regen dragon plate
Express Tunnel Service - Vengeance/Carnage Server
QFT - Mourning Server
Enzo
Snobo
Snobo

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:58 am

How about HP Regen dragon plate
This can work. Right now all non-class 100% armors are absolutely worse. They lack the baked in stat/focus buffs of class armor, have a higher dex hit on top of lower base defense.
-Enzo the baker-
-Guardians of Destiny-
-QFT-
Sek
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:14 pm

I would prefer if the baked-in stats make sense.

Dragonplate=Fire resist.
Wyrmskin=erhm... Cold resist? Or perhaps a movement buff while swimming (though that would be practically useless, and probably can`t be coded in).

In any case, I would just try to make them logical.

Also, I believe that those stat bonuses should be low. Maybe 1% per piece (or +1 to a particular stat if it grants stats).
Class armor should still be the best imo, while these pieces would provide for some alternatives for people who want to try and make "out of the box" builds.
TSCCC IC

Return to “General Discussion”