A decade later, the emulator community is still here?

CloaknDagger
Snobo
Snobo

A decade later, the emulator community is still here?

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:32 am

I just got nostalgic talking with a friend and came to check on it.

Can someone give a very quick rundown on the progress? Is the game close to playable? It's hard to believe a decade after the game shut down, you guys are still around, so I am happy to know you exist, but if after 10 years there's not a working version of the game that makes me less hopeful.

But, I want to be wrong.

Thanks for hosting the boards by the way. I look forward to any heads up about what's going on. I used to play Kendrick the Desert Fox, human thief. Human because it allowed me to be both a stealing theif and a combat rogue, and nothing was more fun.

Thanks!
Malant
SBE Team
SBE Team

Re: A decade later, the emulator community is still here?

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 am

Hail!

The game overall is something I would absolutely say is in a playable state. Over the past 2 years we have had quite a few launches with new content, it has been a lot of fun to play. The caveat to that is we have been battling some bugs and issues such as lag at large scale banes and movement speed issues. The lag at large scale banes looks like it has been resolved, movement speed & sync issues have been improved over the past few months, however there is still work to be done.

The server is currently up, I encourage you to log in and give it a try. New content and changes have been implemented, please read up on them here.

Currently the developers are disengaged from the current server while they work on some significant re-writes for our next launch.

Welcome back!
SBE Team - Project Manager

-X-
RoFL/GC/HoE

Return to “General Discussion”