Dangiriel's Might

Moderator: Test Team

CorEL
Snobo
Snobo

Dangiriel's Might

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:07 pm

The Power Damage Buff does not seem to be working at all...I am not receiving any increase to my Power (Spell) Damage.

The (Melee) Damage Buff portion is working, but in my effects window it is displaying two "Damage + _%" buff Effects, neither of which are for Power Damage. I am receiving an increase to my melee Damage for each of these effects, so I am receiving a double melee damage buff, with a potential for "Damage +100%" once GM'd.

The Power Damage buff component of Dangiriel's Might is crucial to this class and I wanted to make mention of this apparent bug, because I do not see anything about changes to Dangiriel's Might in either of the main Patch notes or on the Morloch Wiki Site. I will totally make use of this 100% damage buff though lol.

I am currently a level 32 Elf, under the name of Brazen. I also have Dangiriel's Might trained to rank 12.
Steffa97
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Re: Dangiriel's Might

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:51 pm

CorEL wrote:The Power Damage Buff does not seem to be working at all...I am not receiving any increase to my Power (Spell) Damage.

The (Melee) Damage Buff portion is working, but in my effects window it is displaying two "Damage + _%" buff Effects, neither of which are for Power Damage. I am receiving an increase to my melee Damage for each of these effects, so I am receiving a double melee damage buff, with a potential for "Damage +100%" once GM'd.

The Power Damage buff component of Dangiriel's Might is crucial to this class and I wanted to make mention of this apparent bug, because I do not see anything about changes to Dangiriel's Might in either of the main Patch notes or on the Morloch Wiki Site. I will totally make use of this 100% damage buff though lol.

I am currently a level 32 Elf, under the name of Brazen. I also have Dangiriel's Might trained to rank 12.
IIRC it's just a visual bug. Happened to templars. Your spells should be doing the additional power damage from your buff.
CorEL
Snobo
Snobo

Re: Dangiriel's Might

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

I tested this out and you are correct in that my spells are doing the additional Power Damage from the buff and that it is a display bug; however, the Character Stats and Attributes windows both reflect a melee damage range for a 180% “Damage” modification of the Base (before Dangiriel’s Might) damage.

The melee damage range displayed in the Attributes and Character Stats Window is not consistent with the actual damage:

I have tested the melee damage on a naked (0% resist) target and the output will not exceed 140% of the Base Max damage, but the Max Dam in the Attributes/Stats Windows displays 180% of the Base Max. The actual damage output on the naked target will also on occasion fall beneath the Modified (after casting Dangiriel’s Might) Min Dam listed in the Attributes/Stats Windows (which reflects 180%) with numbers consistent of 140% of the Base Min Damage.

In other words, in the Attributes/Stats Windows, the Melee Damage Range before buff (in normal stance) reflects 113 - 354. After applying GM Dangiriel's Might, the displayed damage range increases to 203 -637. This is an increase of 180% (40% + 40%) but the actual damage output on the naked target (in normal stance) will not exceed 496 (140% of 354).

The numbers displayed in the Powers Icons’ Power Damage range are not accurate:

The Power Damage display range does not show an increase to the Min and Max damage after Dangiriel’s Might is cast, but the actual power damage output on the naked target is consistent with a 140% modification…(I noticed that there were actually 2 sets of damage numbers from the one cast that together represent the total Power Damage).

Also, The Dangiriel’s Might “Damage” buff Icon is shown twice in the Effects Window, instead of there being one for “Damage” and one for “Power Damage”.

I have tested this on an Elf, HG, and Human Sent, as well as an HG Templar’s Blessed Zeal and it indeed appears to be an identical issue and a display bug, but I feel this bug could cause much confusion for those playing Sentinels and Templars, as the modifications from Dangiriel’s Might and Blessed Zeal for both Damage and Power Damage ranges do not appear to be displaying accurate numbers in the Attributes/Character Stats Windows and Powers Icons.

Return to “Sentinel”