SBE Team

Sword of Saint Malorn

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Forum Date/Time: 4/23/13 4:20pm

Server Rev #: 5318

World Location Coordinates, Macrozone, Microzone: N/A

Character Information (race, class, level): 75 Human Templar

Bug Summary: Two bugs here.
1. Sword of Saint Malorn's chance to hit should be based on Thaumaturgy. Currently, the hit-roll is based on Sword ATR.
2. When Sword of Saint Malorn misses its target the caster should receive a "Your power misses the target" system message.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use './debug spells on' and note that the ATR is based on the Sword skill.

Additional Information: Originally I had thought that the hit-roll was based on a combination of Sword and Thaumaturgy, but judging by a UBI post from LuciferThe2nd, Templar advocate, 12/17/2005
LuciferThe2nd wrote:The Dot has the exact same ATR as your spells.
ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat65a5.html
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Re: Sword of Saint Malorn

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Cleaning up an earlier post to clarify, I think that's exactly right Aeroch. I think the reason everyone believed this was an auto-hit power, even after patch 23.? was because: (1) the attr was apparently based on Thaum as you say and (2) "style casting" effected the attr for the power as well, effectively/nearly doubled your Thaum attr. This made it almost never miss. Now it almost always misses because sword attr is generally very low. Simply moving the attr back over to Thaum is a good and correct fix that lies somewhere in the middle.

I played very little after attr modification of styles (style casting) was removed. I wish stylecasting was still in because it allowed for additional creativity in character building, which is half the reason I like the game. It also kept the field from being flooded with rogues (log in and do a /who. It's ridiculous now).
Rewen
SBE Team
SBE Team
Twitch: rewenx

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Coolwatersx wrote:
Addressing whether the Templar sword DoT was auto hit on live, the other thread, which was locked, indicates that there is no evidence that the power was auto-hit. My recollection is that it was actually auto-hit. Whether it was designed to be is another matter.

It actually looks like both sides of this are right (maybe). Patch 3 added a hit roll, but only for part after the initial application:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... _3#Templar

"The weapon power 'Sword of Saint Malorn' now requires a hit-roll on the deferred portion."

Unless I'm misreading this language.

Regardless, the attr needs to be raised. It just never hits now. Base it on Thaum possibly instead of sword atr.

Of note, patch 24.3 did reduce the DoT duration to 30 seconds, I suspect primarily because this power was still auto-hit:

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/i ... ldid=15003

Incidentally, the wiki erroneously identifies this power as the Templar AoE "Saint Malorn's Wrath."

Perhaps just add a small attr boost to the power itself? Like in the old days. I miss style casting anyway. O.o
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=10748&hilit=sword+of+saint+malorn
Based on this, it would seem the sword power uses sword to calculate ATR, and the actual DOT application uses thaum.

At this time, it looks like if the weapon misses, the power misses. Powers should not be blockable by block/parry.
Telemakus
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

It is being worked on, do not worry! Just remember we're in Closed Beta, so not every power will function perfectly until these things get fixed.

Devs volunteer their time to work hard on this project and get those powers working right, so we owe it to them to be patient :)
You can run, but you'll die tired.
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Telemakus wrote:It is being worked on, do not worry! Just remember we're in Closed Beta, so not every power will function perfectly until these things get fixed.

Devs volunteer their time to work hard on this project and get those powers working right, so we owe it to them to be patient :)

Absolutely. I'd say I can't imagine the amount of work those guys do, but I've seen it, and it's a lot.

Return to “Templar”