Your most preferred proc toon

Thoron
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Re: Your most preferred proc toon

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 pm

My 2nd most preferred proc toon would have to be a human sent with dual hammers, sooo sexi!
~Retribution~
Johnny
Snowy Mino
Snowy Mino

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 am

Cloth Stalker

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god."
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 am

zenjah wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:
Beula wrote:Throwing dagger deftinel was one of my favorites.
This sounds like fun. They have plenty of debuffs to get around Def. With lots of ATR and High Dex they could get by just fine without throwing powers. Holy Procs FTW
I don't know about "lots of ATR" without having the Throwing skill. I could live without throwing powers, but I don't know if I'd make a thrower without access to Throwing.
I suppose that what i should have really said is the ATR they would have after maxing out DEX and dagger etc should be enough considering the Sents have several class debuffs available to combat high Def. Not that they have lots compared to other builds.
*** DEMOLITIONS EXPERT *** LOOKING FOR GROUP *** GOOD WITH WALLS ***
Stomplar
Snobo Seer
Snobo Seer

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Rogue Barbarian of course.
Omnius
SBE Team
SBE Team

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Glass throwing axe proclar. Surprisingly effective.
Youngin
Snobo
Snobo

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Omnius wrote:Glass throwing axe proclar. Surprisingly effective.
Agreed, have deff had some fun on those
Feldon
Snobo
Snobo

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Throwing dagger elf priest, never played one but seen one push in alot of faces
Co-Founder of Gold Fish on test server
IC JellyFish
Ajushi
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Elf bw thief was the most effective I've built, but I hate procing/honing of any sort.
Now you must build the lies you have told.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 am

Almost all my toons proc....im a little obssessed. It's really hard to pick a favorite. I want to name like 7.

-Aracoix regen rogue nuke-huntress (has insane dammage and just smokes all things)<---one of my top 3 fav char...if not my fav.
-cloth/proc bow scout (liked it more with unarmed but...gotta kill those coix)
-Regen Dual sword rogue ranger (mostly sword dmg, but uses vamp procs and uh)
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 am

Stomplar wrote:Rogue Barbarian of course.
make it unarmed and i luvs it. a pain to reproc but very few things beat ua proc barbs.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:08 am

Equastro wrote: Otherwise, I love playing high int/con resist/regen bow proc rogues. Wipes the floor with most def/dex monkey rogues! (Yes you heard that right - bow proc)
im yet to make a dex based scout in any beta phase. i've also only met one dex scout that beat my con scout....and that was a high def coix bow...and it was played by a dev. And i coooooooould not hit him for some reason....and my scout hit EVERYTHING.

it was rich V...and i think he had super leet dev buffs.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Coolwatersx
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Proc toons are just too much of a PITA.

Seriously. I understand why we have to do it that way ... to create the danger of loss. Bud damn, it's just not fun and it's too much like work. There are no thieves left anyway. At least until you nerf thieves DPS make procs easier to apply.
Atone
Wolven Brute
Wolven Brute

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 pm

It's all about the shade unarmed thief. But when thieves get righteously nerfed into oblivion, I'd probably change that vote to a con/int human unarmed bard. Those things were crazy fun.

Also, can we just go ahead and make Undead Hunter a tier 4 proc and double it's duration? Please please please
Hugues
Icy Troll
Icy Troll

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:41 am

I love procs they are my favorite! You live by the procs you die by the procs. Best feeling is a proc changing the course of a battle or saving a guild mate from a huge proc that went off. I've had many different toons but I'd have to say my favorite was my vampire bow scout back on live. Peerless sapphire bow of oblivion I believe it was going off for 600-800 pretty consistently. The most fun toon was probably my dual wielding sword Templar he dished out insaneeeeeeeeeeee amount of damage and regularly proced for 1200 damage. Unfortunately it's a trade off and without the shield he doesn't survive as well still fun as hell though.
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:56 pm

SD irekie assassin max int with Crackling khans of Oblivion and tier 4 poison proc added. 6 procs was magical, even if crackling wasn't likely a more useful prefex.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Fugger wrote:SD irekie assassin max int with Crackling khans of Oblivion and tier 4 poison proc added. 6 procs was magical, even if crackling wasn't likely a more useful prefex.
While 6 procs in total will indeed up your chances of a proc going off, I am pretty sure that in the end you actually are lowering your overall total DPS ESPECIALLY on a dual wielder. After all you are giving up +165 ATR x2 and an ATTK speed bonus for two R2 procs meaning you will miss more often (unless all you ever fight is low def targets). And the Assy class Wep proc is no aT4 proc it's just slightly better than the regular T3 poison proc - call it T3.25 .
cashmoneyflow
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Anyone ever try a con int dodge rogue savant ranger proccing bbs with savant heal and regen sorta thing?
"Heyzeuss"I love playing under CN tags, no drama or at least none that I can understand. Makes playing the game much more enjoyable.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 pm

cashmoneyflow wrote:Anyone ever try a con int dodge rogue savant ranger proccing bbs with savant heal and regen sorta thing?
I've never built a Brialla Blade ranger. but I think that that would definitely be a viable toon. The heals would rock. IMO the HR is no where near as important since FC was removed. (kodor's chain was too OP'd anyways).

The only real problems I see are:
-taking Ambi at creation will require you to invest in Dex thus kinda gimping your starting runes which would otherwise be spent building Con.
-ATR the brialla blades are Dex based right ? and other than Glad (which is 2 minutes / 10 min recycle which is ONCE a fight) you have no other precision buff available other than "howl" in wolf form. This could definitely pose a problem cause a proccer can't win if he can't hit a target. Other than the Dex debuff on Whirling lash you also have no Def debuff outside of wolf form (which you shouldn't be in for at least 1/2 the fight). This is even more of an issue considering you will likely be ATR debuffed, or blinded or CG'ed yourself. This might pose a problem on toon with what 80 ish Dex tops ?
-mana - even with SAvant you are likely to run into mana issues however +50% MR via savant would allow me to skip the MR i normally like to take on rings.
-The root/snare on Savant is kinda weak. 3.5 sec cast time !! :shock: 30 second recycle ! you won't even slow down anything with a snare break. The other option is training up thorns but that's kinda a point sink too with minimal dmg. Last but not least you also get rend in wolf form. And this toon lacks running.

I think a warbow with Archer might be a better choice. I will definitely try that one. Paired with a Bird scout you'd be one hell of a two man team.
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:45 pm

cashmoneyflow wrote:Anyone ever try a con int dodge rogue savant ranger proccing bbs with savant heal and regen sorta thing?

High dodge bird regen rangers are good. They have trouble hitting def toons with swords. I usually choose blademaster or bladeweaver on toons that have no def cut or a Skah! def cut.

also nothing will outrun u. Fly + swordsnare +thorns
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
tooshifty
Ice Drake
Ice Drake

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Ps I love ranger heals.
OLDSCHOOL
a.k.a. Shifty
a.k.a. Tenshi
a.k.a. Jin
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
Fugger wrote:SD irekie assassin max int with Crackling khans of Oblivion and tier 4 poison proc added. 6 procs was magical, even if crackling wasn't likely a more useful prefex.
While 6 procs in total will indeed up your chances of a proc going off, I am pretty sure that in the end you actually are lowering your overall total DPS ESPECIALLY on a dual wielder. After all you are giving up +165 ATR x2 and an ATTK speed bonus for two R2 procs meaning you will miss more often (unless all you ever fight is low def targets). And the Assy class Wep proc is no aT4 proc it's just slightly better than the regular T3 poison proc - call it T3.25 .
Ya, its definitely not the best. Crackling MIGHT hit for 150, with a 5% chance, and a dmg modifier prefix clearly outpaces that. I hinted at that in the end of the statement.

It's just fun to have 6 procs. It's not a total sacrifice, as the potential burst damage leads to kills via healing difficulty, but it's mostly just for fun.
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Cryfowl wrote:
It's 40 trains, making it a tier 4 in shadowbane proc vernacular, debating the scaling of the damage doesn't change that.
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Fugger wrote:
Cryfowl wrote:
It's 40 trains, making it a tier 4 in shadowbane proc vernacular, debating the scaling of the damage doesn't change that.
You can debate it if you'd like but there used to be actual T4 procs in the game (with FC gear) and this isn't one of them and it's base damage numbers reflect that accordingly.
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I remember the proccing FC gear, and I don't really think it's a debate. By the mechanics we have before us, it's tier 4. I think you're trying to reword based on nothing more than diminished damage returns a concept thats been pretty concrete since ~2004, and it doesn't really accomplish anything but confusion. I mean really, tier 3.25?

I was always under the impression that the tier 4 cold proc shadowdaggers were just that, another 10 trains over the standard cold proc.
Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm

This is getting a bit tedious... Let me pull some numbers of the client and server and I will post something detailed on how procs work and what damage they do later.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Fugger wrote:I remember the proccing FC gear, and I don't really think it's a debate. By the mechanics we have before us, it's tier 4. I think you're trying to reword based on nothing more than diminished damage returns a concept thats been pretty concrete since ~2004, and it doesn't really accomplish anything but confusion. I mean really, tier 3.25?

I was always under the impression that the tier 4 cold proc shadowdaggers were just that, another 10 trains over the standard cold proc.
I have all the base damage numbers and it is almost like that except the class procs are separate entities entirely from their T3 counterparts and have different base numbers so even though the ASSy class proc has the same damage type and even animation going off as a regular poison proc they are actually two different spells in the eyes of the comp. Because of the difference in the base dmg numbers a Sader's consecrate is NOT equal to "of Truth" suffix with 10 trains more. Same goes for the Assy. It's misleading to call them T4 procs because they truly are not T4 when There were true T4 procs (of the same damage types) in game once upon a time that did higher damage but only came on FC items.
As provided to me from A DEv during a discussion a while ago.
Here Amaz i'll save you a little time.:

"ID" "IDString" "modType" "minMod" "maxMod" "percentMod" "ramp" "useRampAdd" "type" "string1" "string2"
"288" "PROC-LIGHTNING" "Health" "-13" "-53" "0" "0.057" "0" "Lightning" "" ""
"1280" "PROC-MENTAL" "Health" "-20" "-46" "0" "0.057" "0" "Mental" "" ""
"1374" "PROC-HOLYBLADE" "Health" "-17" "-50" "0" "0.057" "0" "Holy" "" ""
"1543" "PROC-POISON" "Health" "-4" "-7" "0" "0.057" "0" "Poison" "" ""
"2371" "PROC-HOLY" "Health" "-13" "-53" "0" "0.057" "0" "Holy" "" ""
"2791" "PROC-FIRE" "Health" "-15" "-51" "0" "0.057" "0" "Fire" "" ""
"2900" "PROC-BLEEDING" "Health" "-3" "-8" "0" "0.057" "0" "Bleed" "" ""
"2915" "PROC-UNHOLY" "Health" "-13" "-53" "0" "0.057" "0" "Unholy" "" ""
"2973" "PROC-COLD" "Health" "-13" "-53" "0" "0.057" "0" "Cold" "" ""
"3390" "PROC-POISONBLADE" "Health" "-21" "-45" "0" "0.057" "0" "Poison" "" ""
"3949" "PROC-DISEASE" "Health" "-4" "-7" "0" "0.057" "0" "Disease" "" ""
"4151" "PROC-MAGIC" "Health" "-18" "-48" "0" "0.057" "0" "Magic" "" ""
"5095" "PROC-ACID" "Health" "-3" "-8" "0" "0.057" "0" "Acid" "" ""

Min is the damage floor, max is the ceiling, ramp is the modifier per train I think

The only ones i'm missing are Stam and Vamp. I would appreciate it if you could find those for me. I suppose the snare proc is also missing although it hardly matters seeing as how that's actually just a proccing debuff and not direct dmg.
Last edited by Cryfowl on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Im still calling it tier 4 regardless of your numbers wall
Cryfowl
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Fugger wrote:Im still calling it tier 4 regardless of your numbers wall
lol

way to master a higher understanding of game mechanics :D
Fugger
Snow Terror
Snow Terror

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 pm

been there did that, there's no applicable gains from memorizing the scaling of the game's procs itemized vs castable
Amaz
Chilled Zombie
Chilled Zombie
Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Cryfowl wrote: Here Amaz i'll save you a little time.:
Cryfowl wrote: Min is the damage floor, max is the ceiling, ramp is the modifier per train I think
Indeed. Remembering that DISEASE, BLEEDING, POISON and ACID (the low ones) are 30 second DOTs with 5 second damage pulses.
Cryfowl wrote: The only one i'm missing is Vamp. I would appreciate it if you could find that one for me. I suppose the snare proc is also missing although it hardly matters seeing as how that's actually just a proccing debuff and not direct dmg.
Stam is

Code: Select all

4526	PROC-STAMINA	Stamina	-5	-12	0	0.057	0	Magic		
Snare is a flat 40% snare irrespective of tier of proc.

Vampyre is 25pt drain with a 1.43 ramp and 100% efficiency.
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Return to “Nightstalker, Enemy of the Darkness”